1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Mixed GPU Acceleration

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC' started by Primepost, 8 November 2008.

1. Primepost

Primepost Banned

31 August 2006
    Melbourne
    Iv got mine set to 2 in nvidia properties anyone else using the same setting ?

2. robboalbion

robboalbion League 2

5 December 2007
    wolverhampton
    west bromwich albion
    if my gpu is not set right could that cause the game to crash
    amd phenom 9550
    nvidia 8600gt
    4 gig ram
    it keeps crashing why?

3. Primepost

Primepost Banned

31 August 2006
    Melbourne
    video card is faulty i had alot of crashes take the system back if its new

4. robboalbion

robboalbion League 2

5 December 2007
    wolverhampton
    west bromwich albion
    it came with the system,it plays other games perfect/cod4/crysis...but i cant even play a match without it crashing

5. Primepost

Primepost Banned

31 August 2006
    Melbourne
    play the game with its original state dont use patches

6. az_under

az_under Conference

20 June 2006
    Manchester United
    i've done that, patch or no patch, crashes still happen since PES 2008, and while playing assassin creed.. it does not happen in other games though.. graphic card fault?

i'm using EN8800GTS

7. Prodigenous Zee

Prodigenous Zee Conference

3 October 2008
    What reso you playing at? 1280 x 1024 crashes for me. Playing at 1024 x 768 fixes it though..

8. Primepost

Primepost Banned

31 August 2006
    Melbourne
    to be honest people have said that pes 2009 crashes to be honest not one crach for me yet, something is not right here run a benchmar test which i really recommend, type 3dmark06 in google, run this test see if your resolutions are causing crashes from other aps, alsoo....it can be a malware worm virus run avg virus this is free see how you go

9. Primepost

Primepost Banned

31 August 2006
    Melbourne
    my resolution is 1152 x 864 i really recommend 1024 x 768 that also helps the game perform at its best

as said before is anyone else playing the game at 2 setting for the mixed gpu acceleration in nvidia properties

10. Primepost

Primepost Banned

31 August 2006
    Melbourne
    oh i also recommend a really nice registry fixer i use regcleaner professional for maximum speed with xp and games

11. Prodigenous Zee

3 October 2008
    What do you mean by "2 setting"?

12. Primepost

Primepost Banned

31 August 2006
    Melbourne
    maximum pre rendered frame where 1 stands at the gpu handling the game 2 means cpu+gpu acceleration what are you playing at?

13. Prodigenous Zee

3 October 2008
    I keep at it's normal setting of 3. The game runs fine at 1024 x 768.

14. Primepost

Primepost Banned

31 August 2006
    Melbourne
    try setting it to 2 your gonna thank me that is the correct setting, nvidia are dumb to set it at 3

15. Prodigenous Zee

3 October 2008
    Why? What should I expect from setting it to 2 instead of 3?

I'd rather not fix what isn't broken. ;)

16. Primepost

Primepost Banned

31 August 2006
    Melbourne
    well iv done over a hundred tests with pes 2009, believe me most games in there own settings start the pre rendering frame at 2, the cpu needs to process a little but not too much before the gpu kicks in, its your choice i have seen the gameplay more responsive rather than slow sluggerish movement, 1 means the cpu is handling only the starting of the game the rest for example pes plays at 60 frame rates max, so 59 frame rate goes to gpu, when you set it on 3 the cpu cannot handle more than 1 frame, i can prove this with a benchmark test 3dmark06. man its only for your better experience have you played on 2 ?

17. robboalbion

robboalbion League 2

5 December 2007
    wolverhampton
    west bromwich albion
    i set it to 2 managed 1 and half games thats good for me.emailed konami they asked for dxdiag and screen shot of error message.i'm close to tears here i love this game and carnt play it..........help me people please

18. Skellionz

Skellionz Gooner

29 November 2005
    Plymouth, England
    Arsenal
    dont cry....(snicker)

it doesnt work for me either, and konami never replied to my dxdiag email.
    at least it works on the wifes laptop so i can get some use out of the 20 quid i spent.

19. robboalbion

robboalbion League 2

5 December 2007
    wolverhampton
    west bromwich albion
    lol...i know i installed it on my old pc and it doesn't crash,but its an old pc and i carnt play it on there

20. Buzzy

Buzzy Ready 4 the knackers yard

14 December 2006
    Cyberspace
    Liverpool
    You could always try lowering the acceleration on your soundcard.this may help because i too had problems with assasins creed and this fixed it.i think maybe this is the route konami may take you down.if you dont know how...click on start look for "run" click on this then type in box dxdiag. then when the inteface pops up click on "sound" tab.here you will be able to alter your accelaration set different levels to see if this fixes it.

21. jona11

jona11 League 2

1 March 2005
    how can I check the fps during the game? What software can I download? Thanks.

22. emaremare

emaremare League 2

28 October 2007
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Red Star Belgrade
    fraps m8

23. jona11

jona11 League 2

1 March 2005
    Thanks a lot.

24. robboalbion

robboalbion League 2