Migration happened!

Discussion in 'The Site' started by Mart, 1 September 2016.

1. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    La Manga Del Mar Menor, Spain.
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Is it possible to make it stretch wider? I have huge white columns on both sides, not a big deal by any means and I'm sure most people don't surf the site on a 40" converted monitor!

I'm getting used to the site more so I'm sure that'll be a relief to everyone ;)

2. Mart

Mart Executive Janitor Staff

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    It is but I think I'd prefer to make it user controlled. Wouldn't it affect the readability for you if text stretched across the whole screen?

3. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    I like to pretend my head is an old fashioned typewriter, with a screen this size I have to keep turning it, feels like I'm exercising whilst at the desk ;)

Edit: For something more useful...old VB you could double click the icon of a sub-forum from the main index to mark it read, now double clicking does nothing, I know you can mark it read the other way but double clicking the icon was a nice efficient method, is that possible with Xenforo?

4. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    iOS v5 issue should be fixed.

Try now.

DrManc and Placebo like this.
  5. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Perfect thanks! :)

6. DrManc

DrManc Non-League

14 December 2014
    It works perfect now on IOS v5!!!! Tested both Safari and Chrome

Thank you very much!

7. Tom

Tom Administratør Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    Awesome! :)

8. Ryuga-san

Ryuga-san League 1

14 January 2009
    AS Monaco
    Just wanted to say that the new version of the site is super cool! I love it!
    Congrats to whoever made it, that's a great work :ROCK:

Mart likes this.
  9. Tibinator360

Tibinator360 "La Roja de Todos"

14 November 2013
    Arica, Chile
  10. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    Placebo likes this.
  11. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    On another forum I use if there's a reply whilst you're still writing your reply you get a little notification above/below the reply box and you have the choice to click it and it loads the new reply/replies whilst still keeping the reply box open, if it's one reply then it shows the name, if it's multiple it says something like 2+ replies, that's very useful, especially in the more active threads :)

[​IMG]

12. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    I think that happens on here. Every minute when a draft is saved it checks that I think. I think...

13. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Aha ok, I've seen it save drafts which obviously is awesome too!

14. gabe.paul.logan

gabe.paul.logan Data Collection

7 January 2007
    Budapest
    Hungary
    After a few days i love how can i change my avatar anywhere and dont have to open new tabs for it just change it on the fly.

Also love it how can i quote multiple posts and its very smooth how can i edit my posts.

ps the blue color have changed to a darker tone? :D

Mart likes this.
  15. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    How do I remove a saved draft of a post I changed my mind about and never sent? Every time I go into the PES PC thread it shows an old thread I wrote but decided not to send from some time ago. The odd thing is I've replied in that thread since I gave up on the draft and yet the draft is always there!

And of course sod's law, 2 minutes after posting I see the solution, click the little floppy disk followed by "delete draft", strangely I just realised I had actually sent the post, so for some reason it was saving a draft of an old post I'd already posted!

Mart likes this.
  16. sniglet

sniglet League 1

6 August 2007
    Cornwall, UK
    New site layout looks great, and works really well on Android Chrome too - nice job.

Mart likes this.
  17. Maxey

Maxey International

28 September 2009
    Dortmund
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hey Mart,
    there are still some weird issues when trying to make spoilers including pictures & quoting these posts.

18. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    It's like you're trying to break it. :) I'll take a look when I can as that will likely take some digging.

19. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    So, do you mean it gets a bit weird in the text editor when you're replying or something else? It does get weird during editing because images are embedded and other BB code isn't (quote and spoiler, for example) but it doesn't mess up once it's posted.

If it's something else could you show me an example? Thanks!

20. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Forums are broken :( can't access any subforums due to this error:

[​IMG]

If you click "new posts" you can then access the individual threads.

Edit:

Seems posting images is broken too!

http://i.imgur.com/Ae7ULOT.jpg

21. Tom

Tom Administratør Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    Confirmed. We're on it. Meaning Mart.

22. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    From what I gleaned by googling it's a sign of a corrupted database, so hopefully nothing too serious :(

23. Tom

Tom Administratør Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    Mart has fixed it. Hail Mart!

24. Mart

28 February 2002
    NYC
    Darlington FC
    It was actually just a disk space issue - one too many backups that weren't being cleared out as I expected them.

25. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Bastards!

Glad it's sorted Mart :)

26. zlac

zlac League? What league?

2 February 2007
    Croatia
    Question about using attachments in posts - is that option available to all forum members or it requires certain user role (staff, etc.)?

I've seen some staff members (@Hawke) using it, also on a screen shot in this post there's a clearly visible option to add files to the post ("Drag files here to attach or choose files"). But I can't find this option anywhere when writing my own posts or conversations.

27. Tom

Tom Administratør Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    We don't have an attachment option like seen in that pic. Only thing that comes close to resembling that option would be the "Upload a File" button in the right hand corner when creating a post/reply.

[​IMG]

28. Hawke

Hawke ♫ Celery , Celery ♫ Staff

19 January 2005
    UK
    Chelsea
    Yeah I always use the "upload a file" for posting images...The image @Placebo posted mate is from another site.

29. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Yeah that function is only available to Sheffield Wednesday fans as the image was from "Owlstalk" :)