Migration happened!

how to change the "heading" in thread. not able to find edit --. Advance button

Do you happen to have a "Thread Tools" button in the top right? You should be able to change your title with the "Edit Thread" option. Don't know if it's a staff-only button, though. If it is, you'll have to wait for Mart to answer this :)

I like the new look.
Something weird: i just happen to see that among 61 "persons" visiting the forum at this momen, there is one robot...
For someone who uses IC the way Jules Verne wanted to go to the moon, that begs for an explanation from the wizards on this forum...
How is it possible that a robot is visiting the forums?

Do you happen to have a "Thread Tools" button in the top right? You should be able to change your title with the "Edit Thread" option. Don't know if it's a staff-only button, though. If it is, you'll have to wait for Mart to answer this :)
THANKS MATE . IT WORKS

Ok, signatures should be editable now as well. Another permission I assumed was on but wasn't...

My thread links are also defaulting to click to the first unread post as well, by the way, you don't have to click the little circle. I assume that's because the read/unread count is not relying on historic data from the import any more.

Another thing confusing me.
When I look at a thread it shows a little window of my avatar, when hovering over it it shows how often I posted at this thread, but only posts since relaunch.

It doesn't disappear when I take a look at the thread - so my suggestion is to show "real" number of all-time posts, or disable this function.

(Sorry it won't show up in this screen, because it's mouse bounded.)
7k4vjmg7.jpg

I moved the Tapatalk discussion to a separate thread. Please add your input!

I also updated the #1 post with with fixes/issues. If I missed anything please let me know.

I'm so impressed at how well this migration has been done. Everything works superbly well, it is super smooth and very well thought out. I would love a simple way of attaching photos via my own PC/iPad by uploading them direct, rather than image shack etc. Unless I am missing something this is the only thing I can see that would add value for the sake of simplicity.

Thanks for your efforts
Dave

Cheers to Mart and company for taking care of everything including my login problems as well. They must have been busy over the last week or so!

Using and iPad to browse the forum but the new layout adds an impressive amount of blank space before the actual content, so I need to scroll down A LOT before I can read anything. Tried Safari and Chrome for IOS. Anyone with the same problem? Any ideas?

Sorry If this has been asked before as I couldn't read every post because of the aforementioned navigation problem.

Thanks in advance.

No blank space issues here on my iPad (iOS 9.3.3) using Safari & iCab Mobile. Could you post a screenshot, please? Plus, do you happen to be using some sort of ad-blocking methods/apps?

Will we ever have the option to change the appearance back? not really for me this current style.

Will we ever have the option to change the appearance back?

Short answer: No.

Slightly longer answer: It's a totally different forum software we're using now, so no, the old EW you knew is dead. But we're still improving and have several features up our sleeves which should make adjusting to our new home pretty easy. We're also always open to suggestions, so if there's anything in particular you would like for us to improve, shout!

Trust me, this new software is awesome and I'm very sure you're going to love it, too, without missing a single thing. Just give it a chance, it will grow on you, I promise.

No blank space issues here on my iPad (iOS 9.3.3) using Safari & iCab Mobile. Could you post a screenshot, please? Plus, do you happen to be using some sort of ad-blocking methods/apps?

Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I don't know how to take a screenshot that shows the problem, as all I see is a white background. If I start to scroll down it takes a lot (and i mean a lot) of finger swipes in order to get to the content. Hope it makes sense.

iOS 5.1.1 here, I presume this could be the problem, but I failed to update IOS version for my iPad2 when versions 6.x, 7.x appeared and have been reluctant to go to an even higher version as performance and battery will suffer. Previous version of the forum worked ok.

Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I don't know how to take a screenshot that shows the problem, as all I see is a white background. If I start to scroll down it takes a lot (and i mean a lot) of finger swipes in order to get to the content. Hope it makes sense.

iOS 5.1.1 here, I presume this could be the problem, but I failed to update IOS version for my iPad2 when versions 6.x, 7.x appeared and have been reluctant to go to an even higher version as performance and battery will suffer. Previous version of the forum worked ok.

I see. Pretty sure your old iOS version must be the culprit here then.

We're on a totally different (and newer) forum software now which is called "XenForo", can't really compare it to the board software we've used before (vBulletin). Could you try googling for other forums using XenForo and tell us if they behave the same on your iPad?

Oh, and in order to take a screenshot on an iOS device, simply press the Home- and Power-buttons simultaneously. The screenshot will be saved to your photos app.

I see. Pretty sure your old iOS version must be the culprit here then.

We're on a totally different (and newer) forum software now which is called "XenForo", can't really compare it to the board software we've used before (vBulletin). Could you try googling for other forums using XenForo and tell us if they behave the same on your iPad?

Oh, and in order to take a screenshot on an iOS device, simply press the Home- and Power-buttons simultaneously. The screenshot will be saved to your photos app.

I just tried browsing the xenforo.com community forum (which I think is a good showcase :) ) and had no problems at all, it all appears to work as intended. No blank spaces.

Sorry I didn't get myself clear about screenshots on iPad. I know how to create them but I don't know if it would be of any help as all you were going to see was just a white page. Any ideas?

Oh, haha, sorry :) I thought that maybe a screenshot could somehow show a certain frame not being displayed properly and thus being respronsible for this mess.

I'll have to leave this to Mart, I'm afraid. Maybe he could tweak something to fix this.

I'll try and describe what I see in the best possible way:

When opening any page and ad appears at the top of the page, the rest is just a white background. I begin to scroll down and at some point the evo web logo appears, sometimes stretched into a thin line, but nothing more, just the logo. I continue scrolling down through the white background until I finally arrive at the page content. At this point is when I first see the blue menu bar with the home icon, forums, chat, members ... As I scroll down further through posts, the blue menu bar stays on top of the page, and if I scroll up it stays there, but the huge white space at the beginning of the page remains.

This happens in every page, starting from the Home. Hope it makes sense.

By the way, I don't know if what the iPad browser shows is the desktop or mobile version of the forum. Is there a way to force one or the other?

By the way, I don't know if what the iPad browser shows is the desktop or mobile version of the forum. Is there a way to force one or the other?

No, XenForo will detect your device automatically. There is an addon Mart could implement in the forum software to make it switchable, though. But I don't know if that really is a viable solution. After all, you seem to be the only one having this issue :)

I'll try and describe what I see in the best possible way:

When opening any page and ad appears at the top of the page, the rest is just a white background. I begin to scroll down and at some point the evo web logo appears, sometimes stretched into a thin line, but nothing more, just the logo. I continue scrolling down through the white background until I finally arrive at the page content. At this point is when I first see the blue menu bar with the home icon, forums, chat, members ... As I scroll down further through posts, the blue menu bar stays on top of the page, and if I scroll up it stays there, but the huge white space at the beginning of the page remains.

This happens in every page, starting from the Home. Hope it makes sense.

I don't think there is a specific mobile view - it's responsive and works on screen widths. I'm going to try some emulators to see if I can replicate that problem as it could also be affecting other browsers too so I'd prefer to make it usable for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom