Migration happened!

Mart

Executive Janitor
Staff
28 February 2002
NYC
Darlington FC
Known issues:
  • Search index is being rebuilt - this will take a few hours so search results might not be good for now.
  • Video embeds do work but historic posts just show links for now.
  • Tapatalk - see separate thread
  • Read/unread is a little flaky until you have marked everything as read in this new forum (or read everything!) - basically the import didn't keep full track of read/unread from the old forum
  • Edit posts/signatures not working
  • Quotes don't stand out
  • Switch your language to English (UK) for 24 hour (military) time format
  • User titles are default (no Championship, Premiership etc...)

Still to come:
  • Forum icons
  • Look/feel/layout tweaks
  • Home page

Please bear in mind this is the first version on new software. I will keep tweaking things and following up on any feedback/issues.

Last edited:
  • Staff
You should be able to edit. All going well you'll have edit on the bottom left of your posts - next to Report etc. Let me know if that isn't the case.

Hello guys. First .. congratulations ... after nearly 15 years for the first time the site has design changes. I personally admire such actions. I change every year vision of my sites to keep them fresh and interesting, but may I make a few suggestions?

The first thing which I personally have a problem distinguishing quote and reply. Have a lot to look at, it seems that only the slope of the letters differ two things, I think backdrop of the quote should have a slightly crisp color example:
Now :
f3c2b52e_o.jpeg

My suggestion :
9e841560_o.jpeg

Here is css code that i change :
Code:
.bbCodeQuote .quoteContainer 
{
  background-color:#DBDFF6;
  border-radius:0;
  font-size:13px;
  font-style:italic;
  overflow:hidden;
  padding:10px;
  position:relative;
}

Nice redesign overall and long awaited. Will take some time to get used to the new forum platform, but hey ... such is life :)

The first thing which I personally have a problem distinguishing quote and reply. Have a lot to look at, it seems that only the slope of the letters differ two things, I think backdrop of the quote should have a slightly crisp color example:
Now :
f3c2b52e_o.jpeg

My suggestion :
9e841560_o.jpeg

Here is css code that i change :
Code:
.bbCodeQuote .quoteContainer
{
  background-color:#DBDFF6;
  border-radius:0;
  font-size:13px;
  font-style:italic;
  overflow:hidden;
  padding:10px;
  position:relative;
}

I'd also suggest to make quotations more distinguishable, right now it is not easy to distinguish normal text from quotes.
And perhaps decrease the font size for normal text?

I can't see options to edit my own posts either, only 'Report' button.

And a question - perhaps I'm missing something in the profile settings, but where is the option to change time display format? I'd like to change it back to 24 hours format.

oh, I was trying a thing, which naturally didn't work, and now I can't edit the post. Anyway, if you want to know what I think about the change, right click the broken image link above, and open in a new window.

Just to add, I thought the site was still down this morning because my bookmark has always been:

https://forums.evo-web.co.uk/

Which takes me to a 403 error page, as does:

https://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/

But with that one, if I chop the S off the "https", I get a DNS error instead.

Could we possibly redirect it? Other users might still think the site is down!

EDIT 1: Also, any chance we can have the counter back where we can see how many people are online in each section of the forum, as opposed to just having the total count across all forums?

EDIT 2: Also also, it appears we have lost compatibility with the mobile app Tapatalk now (which I was using the majority of the time), is that permanent?

Last edited:
Nice forum, although I have to get used to some things.
For instance, why is the forum miscalling me as 'new member'?? I am here for ages :SHOCK:
I tried to change that in my status, but that did not fix it.

Nice forum, although I have to get used to some things.
For instance, why is the forum miscalling me as 'new member'?? I am here for ages :SHOCK:
I tried to change that in my status, but that did not fix it.
I think the previous user title structure - "Sunday League" through to "World Cup Winner" or whatever it was - has been lost, and so the default user title now is just "New Member".

The "status" bit in your profile isn't for changing that - that's a social media-like function where you can post your latest thoughts and feelings...

You edit your title by clicking your profile name on the bar at the top of the forum, then "Personal Details", then edit the box that says "Custom Title". (If you don't have that option, let us know!)

Oh and how do you edit things without using a new post?
I think the "edit" function is currently missing - it'll be back.

Thanks for the feedback. Look/feel will be tweaked.

I'm looking into the edit thing, you should have that permission so not sure why it isn't there at the moment.

Chris, thanks for the heads up on the links. I missed that redirect despite setting up others to redirect from old forum posts to new etc. It works OK for me now so let me know if it's fixed for you.

Oh on the subject of Tapatalk - it might come back but they don't have a good reputation for forum owners and there is an inherent security risk in how their software is implemented (i.e. it gets direct access to the database) so it makes me uncomfortable now everything else is more secure.

Chris, thanks for the heads up on the links. I missed that redirect despite setting up others to redirect from old forum posts to new etc. It works OK for me now so let me know if it's fixed for you.
All sorted, good work boss.

Oh on the subject of Tapatalk - it might come back but they don't have a good reputation for forum owners and there is an inherent security risk in how their software is implemented (i.e. it gets direct access to the database) so it makes me uncomfortable now everything else is more secure.
That's a shame - but understandable, obviously. There were quite a few members with the little Tapatalk icon next to their name, and it'll affect them if they only browse using the app out of convenience (given that it wraps up all posts from all their registered forums).

But the site is great on mobile now (and that's the only reason I signed up to it, personally - to make the site easier to read on mobile).

I probably need some time to adapt to the new UI, but... Finally the site is usable on mobile. Hooray! :BEER:

Also, congrats to everyone involved in the migration.

The new look is nice.
What about the function to select more than one post for quoting?

And what Han said - I'm not a "New Member" :CRY: - just kidding, it's no big deal.

Back
Top Bottom