Microsoft Xbox One X

I actually put mine out to sell a week after getting it. Because I already had the Pro I thought this felt redundant. The difference didn't feel that big. I actually thought it'd play all OG Xbox and 360 games in 4k and that was the lure for me, but to my surprise it only did a bunch of them, so I was disappointed.

Sold last week with only $30 loss (which isn't bad I guess) and I ended up getting an S instead.

I can certainly see how others without a Pro can enjoy this though, of course.
Given that it's so much more powerful and yet I don't see any FPS/graphical difference between it and the Pro, I'm massively disappointed in it myself. For the money I'd rather have the PSVR, because at least it offers a completely different experience.

That being said, playing PUBG with @jaygrim is brilliant, so I'm stuck with it.

Given that it's so much more powerful and yet I don't see any FPS/graphical difference between it and the Pro, I'm massively disappointed in it myself. For the money I'd rather have the PSVR, because at least it offers a completely different experience.

I noticed a bit of difference between PS4 Pro and Xbox One X in Tomb Raider that graphically it was better on the X, however IMO it was pretty much unplayable in 4K with advanced visuals turned on, the frame drops were unbearable and were worse than Until Dawn on the PS4 (not the PRO as boost mode fixed the frame issues).

So far I am a little disappointed and expected more from what was stated as a very high end console.

I am sure though Red Dead will be better on the X, than the PS4 Pro.

On that note, anyone thinking of which you should buy the Xbox X or PS4 Pro.
IMO the PRO wins due to the much better exclusives, better UI, apps that actually work on it.

I'll definitely rebuy the PSVR when it's even cheaper. Like you said it adds a nice different experience altogether. I even enjoyed that football demo where all I did was head the ball, heh.

I sold my XBOX 1X at the weekend (with two controllers, Fifa 18 & Battlefront 1) for £325.00 which isnt too bad considering I bought it in May for £399.00 in a May Day special deal.
I also sold my XBX1X version of PES19 for £30.00.
With the money Ive bought PS4 Pro with Spiderman (coming Thursday or Friday) and PES19 for it
So out of sale money its cost me £31 extra.

Decided to try the new Battlefield V beta last night on the Xbox X.

Must admit was hugely impressed with the graphics (very close to PC), although the game exclusives suck, the PS4 PRO doesn't come close to the visuals of the X.

There was barely any frame stutters or other issues, so felt completely different to Tomb Raider, which I am now thinking might of been a rush patch and not optimised just to show off what the system could potentially do.

So now the only issues are ones which can't be resolved:-
Slow to turn on and boot to UI.
UI is pretty nasty and not very good to use.
Certain apps I use are under developed - Was hoping that I could of get rid of my Nvidia Shield by now.
Painfully slow to load games, it is almost Spectrum like, insert disc make drink go toilet return and game might be loaded. (Why they used Netbook processors in these consoles I will never know or understand)

I know. Not a fan of the UI either.

There are certain things the consoles need to do IMO.

The new consoles need to have two versions, one with a 1TB HD and a 512GB SSD option and then the OS needs to be optimised for SSD usage - I would love it now to put a 512GB SSD in my Xbox X but apparently it makes very little difference to load times and performance.
I reckon the slow load times on the Xbox One X are as much down to the HD, as the slow processor.

However we are a long way off the next gen consoles, there is no point in either Sony or Microsoft making a new system until GFX cards are capable of running 4K games at 60FPS, without needing a £1000 card.

On the UI:-
I never thought I would ever say it but the PS4 UI is much better for a console than the Xbox X.

the UI on PS4 is much better

BUT the PS4 Pro is a poorly built ... LOUD machine. The X is a thing of beauty.

I like them both saying all that...if you don't mind your PlayStation sounding like a lawnmower.

the UI on PS4 is much better

BUT the PS4 Pro is a poorly built ... LOUD machine. The X is a thing of beauty.

I like them both saying all that...if you don't mind your PlayStation sounding like a lawnmower.

Ive had both consoles over last 3 months and I think the X is a much more attractive console. It blends in with the soundbox, Sky Q Receiver nicely. The PS4 Pro is one ugly looking console - The triangular front really annoys me. It makes it stick out on my shelf. What were they thinking with that design? Its gross.
I also prefer the Xs interface when machine is on.
I bought swapped X for Pro for PES and option files but so far im regretting it as PES is poo and when Fifa arrives ill be playing that so couldve kept my X.

Ive had both consoles over last 3 months and I think the X is a much more attractive console. It blends in with the soundbox, Sky Q Receiver nicely. The PS4 Pro is one ugly looking console - The triangular front really annoys me. It makes it stick out on my shelf. What were they thinking with that design? Its gross.
I bought swapped X for Pro for PES and option files but so far im regretting it as PES is poo and when Fifa arrives ill be playing that so couldve kept my X.
I have both...and I love the X

You're right it looks beautiful under tv ... the Pro looks like something from 1998, god knows what Sony were smoking ... maybe they spent the night out with Konami and designed it when they were drunk?

OFF TOPIC:-

Do you have the Sky Soundbox?

I am looking at purchasing one as my new 4K TV - LGB7V, the sound on it is shit and need a new soundbar.

OFF TOPIC:-

Do you have the Sky Soundbox?

I am looking at purchasing one as my new 4K TV - LGB7V, the sound on it is shit and need a new soundbar.

I have OLED 4K tv and the sound is also crap so I got the Sky Soundbox.
Thinner TVs = shit sound!
Its really nice. You can pay for it over 3 months as well.
I got it for £249 but if a Diamond member (be with Sky for over 20 years - which I should be but they mucked up my account when I left my ex) you can get it for £199

I have OLED 4K tv and the sound is also crap so I got the Sky Soundbox.
Thinner TVs = shit sound!
Its really nice. You can pay for it over 3 months as well.
I got it for £249 but if a Diamond member (be with Sky for over 20 years - which I should be but they mucked up my account when I left my ex) you can get it for £199

I can get it for £250 as I have multi-room for the 4K content.
I will contact SKY and see what they can do, as heard good reviews for it, but for some reason Which? hated it.

Or was going to buy a Samsung, as they are currently offering £100 cash back making the MS-550 £199.99.

But not decided just yet, just know my OLED has awful sound and really annoying.

I knew there was a reason I bought an Xbox One - Mouse and Keyboard support is coming in November.

Really wish I could get sent an Alpha Insider invite so I can use Mouse and Keyboard now.

I knew there was a reason I bought an Xbox One - Mouse and Keyboard support is coming in November.

Really wish I could get sent an Alpha Insider invite so I can use Mouse and Keyboard now.
Let's hope Sony stops being jerks and let there be crossover gaming to.
Don't know why companies make technology better and better but compability worse and worse.
And me to are hyped bout keyboard and mouse support

I have both...and I love the X

You're right it looks beautiful under tv ... the Pro looks like something from 1998, god knows what Sony were smoking ... maybe they spent the night out with Konami and designed it when they were drunk?
Getting a Xbox X in a few months I guess.
Stunning machine,Xbox has taken massive steps fw with their new boss

Getting a Xbox X in a few months I guess.
Stunning machine,Xbox has taken massive steps fw with their new boss
Nice dude!

I love the X, it's such a quiet, sexy machine. Love the controller as well, not keen on the PlayStation ones they feel a bit cheap and nasty.

Nice dude!

I love the X, it's such a quiet, sexy machine. Love the controller as well, not keen on the PlayStation ones they feel a bit cheap and nasty.
Imagine how I feel about my PS3 controller when playing Pes 13...
Yeah I love the Xbox controller.
Hopefully I'll have any functioning ones left after my 3 games on Pes 19,man I'm almost loosing it when the CPU gets going in some games:)

Was really a no brainer for me when I decided to upgrade to either a PRO or Xbox X.
The X is a far better machine (specs vise) and having a water cooled machine instead of a big fan heating up was also a selling point

UI etc is no Biggie,been on Xbox for 3-4 years,the only reason for even considering a pro Vs X would be PES and option files,and that's not really a selling point for me.
Exclusive games on PS4 isn't really my kinda games either.
So I'm happy to have bought the X (picking it up tmw) and can't wait to see how F1/Forza 7/FIFA/Pes looks on it.

Aren't Xbox releasing mouse/keyboard compability soon?
And no,haven't tried

They are in November, so it will require developers to add support.

The only issues that I read some people having is on consoles, there is something known as snapping when your near a target.
So when your near a target on PUBG it will snap to the target, it does this on most FPS on consoles, and when using Mouse and Keyboard it can become distracting.

Back
Top Bottom