Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: XBox 360 - Official Thread

Sudden strike12 said:
And whats gonna make the PS3 so damn good ........... ?

Sony said they are "Pulling out all the stops" to get the PS3 to release in 2005, sounds like they're worried by the 360 :)

why would they be scared of xbox, playstation is real console because imo they are more focused on the graphics, the gameplay and etc instead of like xbox more focused on entairtament like game buddies , game trailers and etc... we'll see xbox 360 gameplay though, nothing is proved yet but from that trailer it seems like another too "trusted" american console just to attract people :mrgreen:

ps3 is following its series, so they been already working on this console for more then 4 years so why wouldnt they need to rush up and finish so people can get it in late 05 ??? sony will sell more in the end anyways, if u think this is a war then sony will win like always anyways :D

mrdjkola said:
ps3 is following its series, so they been already working on this console for more then 4 years so why wouldnt they need to rush up and finish so people can get it in late 05 ??? sony will sell more in the end anyways, if u think this is a war then sony will win like always anyways :D

God damm your a fanboy!

Appreciate all the companies efforts

Milanista said:
Enjoy both.

The only problem is PS3 is losing alot of exclusives this time rounD

MGS, PES(obviously) and more!

Is it good to have the game on every console?

won't be buying a xbox for shit, even if it is looking nice.

but i'd bet my ass off that sony is gonna kick some stuff out once they reveal it that all your jaw will drop.

holy crap, those fanboy wars sucks.even if i am one too, being an absolut sony addict.that's why i'd never buy a M$ console.
but come on, how can we fight any war if there are only pics from one side?

absolutely useless bullshit!

There is not much difference in terms of game quality between the PS2 and Xbox, this will be the same with the next gen aswell. A lot of PS2 only games have been released on the xbox (such as Pro Evo :) and GTA etc ). The only decent exclusives i can think of are MGS3, and erm ..... some people might say the Gran Turismo games but they havent been up to much since GT2.

With games coming out on both PS3 and the Xbox 360, it then comes down to extra features, which we know the 360 has lots of :) I know that no one knows what the PS3 is gonna offer, but the little things with the 360 sound tempting.

Xbox Live Silver straight outta the box, for free, allowing you to play weekends and download content anytime, that sounds good. Recording TV to the hard drive :) Personal Playlists :) a removable hard drive :) Wireless Controllers :) Every single game L!ve aware :)

These are the "extra" features that will help sell the 360. If the PS3 has this amount of quality features then who knows who will sell more ?

But in the games department, it's even !

Milanista said:
Enjoy both.

Exactly ... Good Point.

----------------

Is anyone else surprised by the fact that the XBOX360 will still be using DVD9 and not Blu-Ray or HDVD ? ..... Cos I certainly was ? :shock:

Won't this be an Issue with Space on the Disc in a couple of years time if not sooner ? similar to the way the PS2's Games started on CD then quickly they started to easily fill them and DVD became the minimum size needed ....

Just something for thought I guess ? ... A possible problem further down the line, as some companies games nearly fill a DVD9 now .... never mind with the increased space that even bigger Hi Res Textures and other Data will take up on the disc in the Games to come.

Good point, but i mean its Microsoft, they wont let it fail because of something like that, so they'll come up with something and spend lots of $$$ to make it happen

ClassicD said:
That's disgustingly good-looking.

Maybe, just maybe, we'll get it at 60fps, it'd make a fecking change!

Having 60 is always nice, but a consistant 30 fps is perfectly acceptable for me.

So after about a year's worth of rumours and doubt over the whole "Will it, Won't it have a Hard Drive ?" ... they eventually came to their senses and went with 20gb as Standard with an Upgrade available for those that want it.

Anyone else see that the new pad has done away with Black & white buttons and gone for 2 Shoulder buttons just above the Triggers ... This is good news overall but especially if we ever need to play a PES/WE Game on this Machine.

If anyone is Interested "Edge Magazine #150" goes on Sale Tomorrow and apparently they have been the only Publication/Website in the world to have had access to the actual Machine and its Games so far ... So expect a nice Hype free level headed look at the Machine + New Pictures in their Magazine this Month.

Sudden strike12 said:
Good point, but i mean its Microsoft, they wont let it fail because of something like that, so they'll come up with something and spend lots of $$$ to make it happen

DVD9 won't last long. Were are still on ps2 and there are already a bunch of games that use it fully! With quality images like that, blu-ray will probably be standard in PS3. But then again, we barely know anything of the console.
The damm Memory Card should be banned. Should only be an option just to transfer data to someone else's x360.
to be honest, it hasn't impressed much. UT2007 graphics look as good as those! And the jump from xbox to x360 doesn't seem to be that much, and i'm expecting a big jump from sony.
The pads look awfull, but I can't simply say (nor can any of you) if the're good, or not, until I get my hands on one of them.
This is of course all speculation from my part!

Xbox live should be free! We buy the console, buy the game and we still have to pay to play it online!? What a bunch of crap. I understand if it was an MMO.

And it all just seems that x360 will sell cause of it's marketing. MTV? getting Elijah Wood to say that he loves xbox? that video of the staff talking about the game, its starts with the idea that it will be a serious documentary about the console, but it's simply more marketing. Just a waste of time. It's a 10-20 min add, nothing more!

I will buy it if the games are real good!
Sony next system might be crap, who knows? Only time will tell!

OPM said:
won't be buying a xbox for shit, even if it is looking nice.

but i'd bet my ass off that sony is gonna kick some stuff out once they reveal it that all your jaw will drop.

holy crap, those fanboy wars sucks.even if i am one too, being an absolut sony addict.that's why i'd never buy a M$ console.
but come on, how can we fight any war if there are only pics from one side?

absolutely useless bullshit!

WELL SED :applause:

So did you guys see the same prog where they had two blinkin' Killers songs in a 25 min prog about xbox360? Interesting visit to Rare but what a wasted opportunity to showcase the machine. Hyped pap. Trying to be cool but failing cos they should just let the machine talk for itself.....it probably makes more sense than Elijah (sic) Wood.:D

Just had a look over the new sytem xbox 360. saw the vid and it's looks like it's modable 9which i think is very important0. They almost deliberately show that the system can be taken apart easy just like a normal CPU tower or whatnot. They even said that you could "make it your own". so...in that case:)

Ohh and IF I EVER see 30 fpr I'mma miff

Alberto Tomba said:
Just had a look over the new sytem xbox 360. saw the vid and it's looks like it's modable 9which i think is very important0. They almost deliberately show that the system can be taken apart easy just like a normal CPU tower or whatnot. They even said that you could "make it your own". so...in that case:)

still it would be very hard to mount and install a mod-chip to it, stil lwill need a professional job on it

GR3 screenies:

gr3_screen001.jpg

926971_20050512_screen002.jpg

gr3_screen002.jpg

WOW that looks like the dog's bollocks. I love GR aswell, thanks for the pics :D

Mikey said:
Having 60 is always nice, but a consistant 30 fps is perfectly acceptable for me.
It has to be 60 for me, the PS2 can carry it off with something as beautiful as GT4 so there is absolutely no excuse to still be on 30fps a generation later. I think babs mentioned on another thread that the maximum equivalent of fps the human eye can is 70, although I'm not sure on the exact number. That's why GT4 looks more 'real life' and PGR/Forza look 'slower'. As an example, it's much easier to judge things in GT4 because it's closer to your everyday vision than the XBox racers, which when I first start playing I actually notice myself having to adjust to the slower framerate and make allowances for that when pressing the controls.

That was a bit long-winded, but basically I'm saying with that amount of power, it's a joke if they can't get 60fps out of the machine.

Last edited:

Those screenshots arent real are they? They look too good to be true.

I am not overly impressed with what we have seen of the Graphics so far, I really think they need to pushing the Machine a lot further than what we are seeing in the Launch Games Screenshots ......

I want to see MORE of this ..............

up12.jpg

And I want to see LESS of this .............

gr3_screen001.jpg

So get Cracking you Lazy arsed Developers :mryellow:

First of all, Xbox live SILVER is FREE. Live silver means you can play only on weekends, but can download content any time.

The memory card IS and OPTION. EVERY xbox 360 will come with a 20GB hard drive, which is apperently removable !

The GR3 pics above are real and in-game. Plus, "screen" in the top left corner is a real time view from another soldier,

"Illustrating this perfectly is the Cross Cam. This is basically the little screen you can see on the top-left in the screenshots on the right. This screen isn't a standard FMV display - this is real time action taking place around you from the viewpoint of one of your fellow soldiers.

Real life soldiers on the battlefield use Cross Cams. Each soldier in a team can see what the others are seeing via a satellite-linked monocle piece on their headsets. Previously consoles haven't allowed this for a Ghost Recon game - this is an Xbox 360 first."

And lastly, films are shot at between 20 and 30 fps. No one complains about that because you dont notice MUCH difference when you go above that number. Having LESS frames per second will actually make things seem FASTER, having MORE fps will make it seem SMOOTHER. This is why Grand Prix Legends on the PC limits the fps to about 32, because anything more than that isnt really neccessary !

Martyn Chudley interview about the PGR3....there are some very interesting comments.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/pgr3interview.htm

This one caught my eye...

"But now, with the power of Xenon, we can finally take the cities that final step forward, and can make them feel like real, living, breathing cities! We have (at last!) got crowds—but not 2-D flat people or angular stick figures with the odd arm waving here or there that you're used to in games. We have a whole throng of people in the game, all motion-captured to produce realistic crowd movements. And it's not just the same few models dotted here and there, but literally thousands of different people!"

Sweet!

Back
Top Bottom