Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: Microsoft Xbox 360/XBOne

I went to a Xbox One preview event in Manchester today.

The console itself it is bigger than the PS4, that isn't meant as a negative. Had a good look at it and it seems well built and even after hours of use it didn't feel warm or make noise. Hopefully that means that it won't have the heat issue that the 360 had.

I tested all the launch games, was very impressed with FIFA14, Forza 5, Killer Instinct. I thought that COD looked poor in comparison to Battlefield 4. I had an extended play of Ryse and it was poor, the combat was very clunky and the game suffered from framerate issues. It seems to me that it has been rushed to ensure it is a launch title.

Look forward to receiving my Xbox One on Friday. Also getting the PS4.

I went to a Xbox One preview event in Manchester today.

The console itself it is bigger than the PS4, that isn't meant as a negative. Had a good look at it and it seems well built and even after hours of use it didn't feel warm or make noise. Hopefully that means that it won't have the heat issue that the 360 had.

I tested all the launch games, was very impressed with FIFA14, Forza 5, Killer Instinct. I thought that COD looked poor in comparison to Battlefield 4. I had an extended play of Ryse and it was poor, the combat was very clunky and the game suffered from framerate issues. It seems to me that it has been rushed to ensure it is a launch title.

Look forward to receiving my Xbox One on Friday. Also getting the PS4.

I tried Ryse as well some weeks ago and it felt horrible, combat was lame and wasn't that wowed by the graphics. Forza seemed much more polished, though I couldn't try that one.

Ryse is getting such mixed reviews from people that have had hands on it.

Some say the framerate is solid and the combat is really good when you see someone playing it that knows what they are doing - and its good mindless fun.

e.g. from this morning;

"Did anyone see the gamespot live stream preview yesterday? They played the first 2 levels of ryse (it's just over an hour into the stream I believe) and god damn, I don't care what this scores on Thursday I'm picking it up."

Last edited:

The PS4 doesn't have analog video outputs, which I think I read is a bit of a problem for DVRs? I don't know much about it - to be honest it's not a function that appeals except for recording snippets of football online.

I'm slowly getting more tempted by the XBox One, but only because of all the other stuff it does besides gaming. The PS4 has started off quite thin on the ground in this department (though of course that's just to begin with) and I'm starting to think that, practically speaking, a console that Skypes, has Netflix, is constantly going to get money thrown at more such features, and even has a free(?) fitness thing on it for me and the gf to make the most of when it's too wet/cold to go out, is starting to sound like it'll be of more use to me. I just won't pay £450 for it.

I might wait until the first price reduction before I commit - by which time the functionality and games library of both consoles will be more fleshed out, performance differences should start to magnify/decrease and the direction the next gen is taking should be a lot easier to predict.

What's to stop you simply recording your own PS4 stream to then save/edit/post at your leisure?

Nothing if you are factoring additional equipment. Same with streaming on the Xbox One. If you use PC capture equipment you can obviously stream or capture and edit video the same as before.

But the PS4 doesn't currently have any ability to save video (and subsequently edit, etc.) through the console itself.

Neither feature is important to me, although I do look forward to watching game vids while I play a game with the "Snap" feature of the Xbox One.

I received Assassin's Creed Collector but not the One that I ordered together.
They are killing me, I would have prefer to wait 2 days for the whole package :(.

It's just the first live demo without cheating, kinect works but you just need to repeat (sometimes) ^^

He only had to repeat a couple of things - generally, it was perfect and quick too.

EDIT: Thats not the video I watched this morning, but its similar. Most of the time it works fine and only rarely needs a repeat.

Anyways....

The Smartglass App is up for XBO and allows you to log in and have a browse around (obviously without connecting to the XBO). The store looks nice and streamlined, but the best thing when viewing stuff on the store, is the "USERS CLIPS" tab, when has all the uploads from gamers.

Already a load on there and its really good being able to see them so easily. Qucik to load and play (on iPad) and show whats gonna be capable - i.e. on one Forza 5 clip, a guy does a little 2 minute intro via Kinnect, then narrates a lap around the Top Gear track. All really cool!

Last edited:

Playing FIFA and wacthing the Brazil friendly yesterday at the same time:
BZeh85gIgAADni1.jpg:large

BZd2loGIAAAqzv0.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions about the xbox one, got it yesterday.

Last edited:

Playing FIFA and wacthing the Brazil friendly yesterday at the same time:
BZeh85gIgAADni1.jpg:large

BZd2loGIAAAqzv0.jpg

Feel free to ask any questions about the xbox one, got it yesterday.

Didn't know you could do that.

That's mint and solves lifes problems. Jesus i need a xbone now.

Back
Top Bottom