Microsoft Xbox 360

Re: Microsoft Xbox 360/XBOne

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can keep me right here.

We have a XBox 360 in the house, the little one usually plays it though and she loves this mindcraft game.

She wants to go online, as her cousins are on-line and they will be moving away soon so won't get to see them much but at least she'll be in contact with them.

Is it basically one of these wifi adapters I'm looking for? Or do I need a network card or something?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=xbox+360+wifi&_sacat=0&_from=R40

I'm not sure of the exact model of the XBox 360, but if that's required then yeah I should be able to find, but just wondering if it is a case of paying the £30-40 for the adapter and then obviously the Live Subscription.

TIA

FD

Just got a call from Game.

Going in Tuesday night to pay for the 2 Xbox1's and discuss bundles. They then give me receipt and i walk in on day of release and just pick them up. Walk right by the queuing peeps!

It does look good, does anybody know if you can zoom with Skype? Sometimes I like it when I talk to people on Skype and they can just see my head, as I like to sit naked sometimes.....or if I haven't cleaned the front room and nobody can see.

Also they didn't show the picture in picture where you can Skype and play games and stuff is that definitely in?

I believe they will prepare a dedicated video for the 'Snap' feature.
But I've seen it working on the IGN walkthough video.

I wonder if Sky is integrated like it showed in E3 with an American service, it would be very good if it is.

It would be amazing if in the future you could plug you're Sky feed in to the Xbox and have it as a all in one system with hand gestures and voice control.

The new dashboard is brilliant. Its so much better that you don't have to come out of a game to do stuff and it looks very fast at switching.

The record feature it great as well but i hope you can set it to record longer on the fly so you can pick up say a long passing move and goal on Fifa.

Would of liked them to show the PIP feature and if that One Guide is integrated in with Sky as i mentioned above that would be amazing.

Last edited:

that feature interested me. would take the piss if sky wasn't supported.

it might be though as I thought the hdmi was a passthrough which means its just a hdmi signal i.e source playing from the sky box

edit :

Can I use the Xbox One with my Virgin Media or Sky box?
Eventually, although it's unlikely the UK will benefit from the Xbox One's TV functionality at launch. To begin with we expect this to be US-only.

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2013-05/22/xbox-one-faq

I was just thinking of it being like the current Sky app as it is now on the 360 but just working like they showed, didn't even think of the HDMI passthrough

It will come eventually no doubt with a dashboard update because they want to make a "all-in-one" box

I like the Xbone dashboard but then I love Windows 8, I am getting so tempted now to switch my PS4 pre-order to Xbone, Windows 8 and the ability to stream media which is a massive must for the me.

It is also a much better looking system as well compared to the shit cheap tacky plastic look of the PS4. (Saw them both at Eurogamer)
I definitely would of changed my pre-order if I didn't think the PS4 would have the better exclusives, as for multi format games I will never leave the PC.

Last edited:

Will our gamertag be put straight over to the xbone, or do we have to start from scratch?

I might do a 180 and get an xbox one.

I can get a ps3 next year when i move to HK. I'd end up owning both anyway......

Back
Top Bottom