Michael Owen On The Cover Of PES2008?

Stringer Bell

Banned
12 February 2005
London
Hey guys,

I got this free magazine, called Sport, when I was coming in from work this morning. It had a interview with Michael Owen in it.

A bit in the introductory paragraph said:

The summer intervened before he could truly stretch his legs, so when Sport caught up with him as he promoted the new Konami PES 2008 game, we found a man chomping at the bit to make up for lost time….

I continued reading the interview until the end, and at the bottom of the page it said:

Michael Owen is one of the faces of PES 2008. The game will be released by Konami this authumn for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360, PC-DVD, Playstation®2, PSP® (Playstation®Portable) and Nintendo DS

Interesting. :)

Last edited:
Re: Michael Owen On The Cover Of PES2008

That doesn't mean he's on the cover - "promoting" it means a lot of things. He could have been sat somewhere with a copy in his hand posing for photographs and saying how wonderful the game is, after picking up a nice big wad of cash for doing so obviously.

Good point, but there could be a possibility he'll be on the cover.

I don't think Konami is just going to let him play the game and talk about it in front of people.

So you never know, he might be on the front cover with Ronaldo.

I'd laugh if he was. Putting Owen next to Ronaldo on the cover of PES would be like putting a donkey with a broken leg next to a Grand National racehorse on the cover of G1 Jockey.

I am actually a big fan of Owen - he's in my Telegraph Fantasy Football dream-team and everything. But I'm sorry, picture the shelf in your local game shop now; PES and Mr "Out For Ten Years But Back Now, Did You Miss Me?" Owen v FIFA and Mr "Blink And Oops, You've Missed Me" Ronaldinho.

They might as well have got Alan Shearer to do it. Would have cost half the money.

I used to love Owen, compared to Christiano Ronaldo he's a bit of a nobody now though.

Using Owen for publicity would've worked with ISS Pro 98, not now.

He's my favourite still-playing English footballer, by far. I'll never forget his goal in World Cup 98 versus Argentina. But seriously, ARE KONAMI FUCKING POOR?!

They try so hard every year to scrimp and save, over EVERYTHING (they don't challenge EA for the Premiership license when it's up for renewal, or the FIFA license, they don't have licensed music, Seabass has said over and over that Konami will only pay for him to have a TINY team compared to that of FIFA or even Metal Gear Solid - which means things will always be the same, limited graphical improvements, no lower-league teams because there's not enough researchers etc.)...

They sell millions upon millions of copies each year, plus millions of the Japanese versions (J-League and all that) - where the fuck does the money go??!!

I know, fat Japanese businessmen's back pockets, that's where. But IT'S NOT FAIR DAMNIT!!

Not too sure about that, before PES4 came out the series was only just breaking into the top 10, FIFA was always number 1.

Sticking Henry on the cover and taking PES multiformat massivly improved PES' sales, it was even over taking FIFA in the charts.

FUCK!!:shock::shock: you KNOW what this means.......................

Owen being the "cover" star means he is going to be a cheat player in the next installment. Stuff Adriano and the Adrianoobs it is Michael Onoob with the strengh of Atlas the Speed of Achilles the defenders will feel like Tantallus always being tormented by a man who in reality has not kicked a ball in anger for nearly 2 years.

Oh and will Materazzi have better shot accuracy and power than Adriano next season as he scored more than DOUBLE than Adriano?

Seabass...............Over to you;)

Just hope that because owen and Ronnie are on the cover that most if not all the prem teams are licensed now!!!

Ha Michael Onoobs!!! Can't wait for Pes 2008 Micheal "Dwarf" Owen will be super human and will be able to jump 8 ft in the air and beat 5 players a time just like Adriano in Pes 6!

Hope not

Back
Top Bottom