MGS 5? Kojima's next project revealed soon.

It most likely is Metal Gear Solid 5 for the PlayStation 3.
why another MGS game? let it die. the last one tied all the stories together. i see no reason for another game to be released. maybe a prequel but not a sequel thats for sure

Im sure it wont be with Solid Snake. His story has been put to rest now with MGS4. It might involve a new protagonist or perhaps Raiden. What I would personally like to see is a next gen remake of the MSX titles Metal Gear 1 & 2.

I had a similar idea for MG1 and 2. The most obscure part of the story is Solid Snake's beginnings.

Well if it is MGS it really can't be called MGS (Metal Gear Solid) since Snake (Solid Snake) won't surely be around.

I'm still betting on Metal Gear.

mgs5-boss.jpg

The countdown finishes right before the Sony E3 conference on June 2nd 2009. The latest Famitsu has an image of Raiden with a bandage too. Also there is a Kojima interview.

No chance in hell. Its either Big Boss, or Solidus Snake during his African campaign before he became President. From the Kojima interview all that you can really gather is that its a Metal Gear game but its got a brand new gameplay system and its set in different era's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a really, really simple rundown of the MGS series anywhere?

I've played nearly all of them (I skipped MGS3), yet I still have absolutely no idea what's going on with all of the clones etc... I've read a rundown somewhere before but I got lost about two paragraphs in. With them all being clones and looking the same I don't know the difference between Snake and Big Boss.

I think Kojima succeeded in MGS4 and made Raiden someone we'd want to play as now. So fingers crossed for some hack and slash action with him combined with some good old fashioned stealthy snake and then I'm guessing with this being set all over the world another story running where we play as Meryl's gang (possibility of online co op?)

I think Kojima succeeded in MGS4 and made Raiden someone we'd want to play as now. So fingers crossed for some hack and slash action with him combined with some good old fashioned stealthy snake and then I'm guessing with this being set all over the world another story running where we play as Meryl's gang (possibility of online co op?)

I like your theory. But knowing Kojima your probably a million miles off! :P

I'm guessing with the above pic, the previous photo wasn't Big Boss.

Or Kojima is jsut messing with our heads.

btw is it just me, but that pic doesn't feel like Raiden at all.

Raiden.jpg

Although I can see where the jaw came from, the eyes are all wrong.

Metal Gear Solid Rising is the name of the new game.

It features Raiden as the lead caracther, for the second time in an MGS game.
15484602.png

Maybe we get to play as Raiden is the first chapter this time? fingers crossed... :P

Last edited:
3 new Kojima Games Announced.

Metal Gear Peace Walker. A PSP game. Will be about Big Boss's operations in Central America in his attempt to create Outer Haven. What's the deal about multiple clones of Snake though. A Snake Army doesn't make sense. The Genome project from MGS1 and 2 was about that, no? They didn't have the technology to clone Big Boss multiple times successfully to create an army.

Metal Gear Solid Rising. I think the picture of Raiden and "Lightnng Bolt Action" pretty much explains it. I think it will be an action game featuring Raiden as the main character.

And a 3rd project called "Mask" that I have no info about.

TBH, I'm not that excited.

Back
Top Bottom