MGS 5? Kojima's next project revealed soon.

That'll mean it's announced before E3 then? E3 aint till June this year?

It most likely is Metal Gear Solid 5 for the PlayStation 3.

It wouldnt be a now Zone Of Enders game? I thought I read Kojima always wanted to go back to that franchise. MGS5 could well be possible as I heard Kojima mentioned you would be playing as the new Ninja type Raiden.

Perhaps it could be ZOE but all the signs are pointing towards MGS5. At GDC his keynote revolved around the 'next MGS' and how his studio are becoming western orientated. Plus the teaser site keeps on popping up with the number 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be. MGS? Maybe he is going to reveal each later every week until E3!

I really hope it isn't another MGS game. The fourth installment, though technically proficient, was absolutely boring and ridiculous in term of script, dialogues and cinematics. MGS1 & MGS3 are still, and by far, the best of the series to me and I wouldn't like to see another title putting the now already absurd story any further.

Gameplay was quite good but not outstanding and overall it felt really an uninspired work, compared to its predecesors.

Really, the last two hours of MGS4 were full of badly written plots and kid stuff. Everything Otacon-related was, in Drogba's words, such a ~@#ing disgrace.

And the gameplay was lacking a lot of details and touches that previous games had.

So, I wouldn't like to see a MGS5 because I fear it would turn even worst and I couldn't cope with two of my most beloved series of all times being a flop (PES and MGS).

That said, I think Kojima needs a new franchise to investigate new things. He can be very creative and I feel he's now somewhat constraint by the huge success of MGS and risks going down and loose the touch quickly if he continues to watch his own belly.

He's been wanting to do a WW2 game for YEARS so i was hoping that would be his next project but the 5 makes me guess MGS5 with Raiden as the lead character or if it's an S then it could be MGS4 Substance or some other directors cut style game.

I really hope it isn't another MGS game. The fourth installment, though technically proficient, was absolutely boring and ridiculous in term of script, dialogues and cinematics.
We seem to be alone in thinking that, but I totally agree anyway.

The WW2 game he wants to make that Rad mentioned sounds like a better idea. I'd like to see him working on something "real" instead of giant missile-launching robots. I think he could do something amazing.

I kind of agree with both Drekkard and Chris but I think that the MGS series is still brilliant. However I believe its too early to announce a new MGS title considering the last one came out less then a year ago.

Yeah exactly, the opening cutscene hasn't finished yet.

An analysis of the site’s code revealed the following information:

<meta name=”keywords” content=”Hideo Kojima, MGS,*METAL GEAR*, NEXT, game, konami, kojima game, KJP, Kojima Production “>

Get ready for the big reveal, tonight on the website at 9pm EST.

The code is now

5 E 3 e

or

S E 3 e

So E3 and then the 5 is probably MGS5.

Last edited:
Thank fuck I didnt wait for that then. ATM it's just a weather report for the summer so far!

Normally I would get annoyed at the constant countdowns and announcements of an announcement and the teasers of the teasers but since its Kojima I know its going to be good. (Unless it turns out to be MGS Touch 2 for the iPhone!)

I don't like this kind of advertising. It's not a fair practice as I see it. If they have something to announce, announce it or tell straightforward when you will announce it. Besides, I don't think they need this sort of practices as they already have a solid fan base.

Having a counter of a counter is like having a loader of a loader, a total lack of respect for the user.

I am probably the biggest fan of the MGS series. But I am not so excited about a fifth installment. Kojima has so much potential, I want to see him doing other projects.

He should make the next PES. Then it might actually turn out fking decent.

But then he'd give us cut scenes before the match of the players walking to the pitch, talking with each other that we couldn't skip and that would be an hour long each game.

:LOL:

Imagine the goal celebrations

A new hint btw, some say it's going to be the game from the easter egg from MGS3. You know the one we play in snake's dream. Lord Of Shadows.
WTF knows?!

I'm still betting on MGS5 though.

In Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater when Naked Snake was being interrogated in the jail. If you saved the game during this part when you loaded it up again you could play this small game.

Back
Top Bottom