Metro Redux: 29th August PC/PS4/Xbone

I am thinking of buyin it. I don´t like multiplayer FPS but the ones with a nice story i enjoy, like wolfenstein (that i loved).

I'm getting this. It's a steal of a price and they've done a ton of work on this new version, not just a high res texture pack re release.

I followed both of them but never actually played them so this is perfect, probably getting the PC version as I think it'll be better visually (no idea if they get mods), but PS4 version for £25 is very tempting.

I've not played either as well. Heard a lot of good things but my pc wouldn't have ran them and I didn't have a 360 to try those versions. They put one on PS+ on PS3 a month or two ago that I was about to play but then they announced this.

The last gen versions were to my understanding poorly done, low budget for converting so a case of
Code:
if FPS<20 lower LOD/viewdistance/on screen enemies until FPS=20
so ended up looking nothing like the quality of the PC originals, next gen or current PC for the redux is seeing them in all their glory.

Playing the first game now. Not sure how I feel just yet. The animations are still a little stiff and "last gen" and it's still visually off in areas like faces. There are still annoying 'end of level/load the next section' parts that scream last gen.
But I can't really hold it against it too much as its a remake of a pretty oldish game now.

The story is interesting, though a little difficult to lose myself in as it kinda felt like a lot was thrown at me to digest at once. I've just been killing other humans minutes after being told that humankind is struggling to survive.... Felt a bit out of place and like I constantly felt like I was screwing up my save by accidentally picking an evil path. I don't think there are multiple paths or choices like fallout etc.

Controls feel off. I had to whack the sensitivity to maximum as it was far too slow but I'm still finding it difficult and stiff to aim. The 60fos makes it feel like it should be a twitch shooter but it plays like a 30fps shooter where theirs some weight there.

It's enjoyable though.

I also like that Stealth actually works, you can go round blowing out lights and sneaking last enemies who just can't see you.

And when you are seen the game isn't forgiving or stupid. I turned my torch on to illuminate where I was hiding and the ai saw my light and came over to see what it was. They then saw a guy id knocked out nearby and shouted for help and started to flush me out. I was sat waiting to blast them coming round the corner when I suddenly got bum rushed by two guys who had gone round to flank me.

I'm looking forward to finishing this and starting the second one as I expect that it the better of the two.

Was really enjoying this on PS4 until about 10 hours in and my save file corrupted. Not sure I feel like restarting dammit.

Hahaa, never mind, downloaded auto-save from online storage. Thank god for that service. Back to enjoying a quality experience.

I beat the first game yesterday. It was an okay experience, though it must be said that I am not a fan of first-person games (I find them to be claustrophobic, disorienting, clumsy, and basically imo the perspective doesn't do anything that third-person doesn't do better).

It started out great, with loads of potential. From the get-go I especially enjoyed the atmosphere, story, and pace of the game.

In the end it didn't quite fulfill that potential due to some iffy gameplay and level design, and I found myself losing interest in (and sense of) the story in the latter stages.

I hope to bang out the second game before Destiny is released this week (another game I'd be 100-times more enthusiastic for if it weren't first person).

Back
Top Bottom