Mclaren and square pegs in round holes

I didn’t realize that Doyle was Irish- fair enough. Is he from Ireland or was his grandmother etc….that happens quite a lot. I say that as someone with an Irish father who could technically play for England or Ireland.

100% Irish, born in Adamstown, County Wexford (near where McShane was born). He'd lived in Cork most of his life before the transfer to Reading.

There aren't too many 2nd and 3rd generation playing for the national team any more. Think it's just Kevin Kilbane.. Even Steve Finnan was born in Ireland but moved to Essex when he was 4.

100% Irish, born in Adamstown, County Wexford (near where McShane was born). He'd lived in Cork most of his life before the transfer to Reading.

There aren't too many 2nd and 3rd generation playing for the national team any more. Think it's just Kevin Kilbane.. Even Steve Finnan was born in Ireland but moved to Essex when he was 4.

Fair doos.

To be Fair Steve Finnan is about as Irish as a ten gallon hat though and I say that having lived in Ireland as a kid.

@vanzandt:

your the perfect example for people who totally overrate england. England won 1966 the worldcup. an then ? England was in no finals neither in a worldcup final or a euro final.

and germany?

1954 World Cup winners
1966 World Cup Finalists
1972 Europ. Champions
1974 World Champions
1976 Europ. Finalists
1980 Europ. Finalists
1982 World Cup Finalists
1986 World Cup Finalists
1990 World Champions
1992 Europ. Finalists
1996 European Champions
2002 World Cup Finalist

-

You are rigth, we beat not the first english team,I regret that. You english guys are happy about the 5:1 in Munich at the world cup qualifiers 2002, but that game interested nobody here. it does not do pain to us. But the last game in wembley is our win. in the worldcup 2002 we go (ok, it was very lucky) to the finals. and you?

you say many of our players are crap... why play we more successful football then england? In the last42 years since your worldcup win against us?

i know youre not in in agreement with your coach. England had good players, but england have no team! TEAMGEIST - thats the german word you know. we win althoug with crap teams. you win not times with a good...

Germany is not in vain the top favorit to win the euro08 at the bettinzones (not german betting, international bettingzones).

you english guys not recognize what happend out of your isle. Germany plays a great euro08 qualifiyn.

your problem in england is, that you even shout and shout... "we are the favorits, we are good, we are worldclass.". NO england. Other Nations are worldclass, like france, italy, brazil or argentina.

You talk only and dont answer at the footballground.

wake up england! and sorry for my school english :D

are you saying the German public cared more about a meaningless friendly than an actual Euro Qualifier? :D

are you saying the German public cared more about a meaningless friendly than an actual Euro Qualifier? :D

Well, both games were pretty meaningless, if you ask me. But wasn't it a World Cup qualifier?! ;)
(In fact, hadn't this happen the team would've never thrashed Ukraine in the Play-Offs which was a remarkable event in the pre-stage of the World Cup concerning confidence and mentality. It was the right result at the right time. Thanks Michael Owen. :D)

Well, both games were pretty meaningless, if you ask me. But wasn't it a World Cup qualifier?! ;)
(In fact, hadn't this happen the team would've never thrashed Ukraine in the Play-Offs which was a remarkable event in the pre-stage of the World Cup concerning confidence and mentality. It was the right result at the right time. Thanks Michael Owen. :D)

Talk about using hindsight to fool yourself and lying to yourself about the importance and significance of the original fixture and how much it meant to both teams.

This is the kind of thing that really gets to me in these type of threads.

You see I spent 90% of my original mail critical of England and only 10% being critical of the German team, yet no one had a go at me for having a go at the England team only for having a go at the German team.

I was being realistic in hammering us for our drawbacks, but in being somewhat critical in the face of a German fan who was being prideful and boasting and delving into Schadenfreude...I was hammered.

So as I see it England fans rightly hammer themselves for the drawbacks of their team and do the opposite of hyping the team as so often accused....but so far both the German fans who have commented on the world cup qualifyer in Munchen at its significance have totally deluded themselves and lied about its meaning. Also I have seen German fans very critical of the England team and of any critisism that has come there way, but not realistically acknowledged any of their own drawbacks.

So an English bloke 90% critical of the England team and 10% critical of the German team is hammered by German fans who can only say 100% negative things of the English team and nothin at all bad about the German team.

Does this not seem deluded to you?

I mean I readily acknowledge that Germany clearly by far and away has the better record in football historically. I said as much in one of my first players, I can and easily do that and acknowledge the truth.

Yet I have not seen any German fans acknowledge anything wrong with the German team, only good things and critisism of the England team and I see no acknowledgement of blatant truths in favour of England (it's not as though there are many).

I mean there are not many points at all that show the England football team in a better light than the Germany football team historically....

One of the few that England does have is denied as being of significnace.

We have very little to shout about but you cannot even acknowledge one of the few things that England do have, you cannot even admit this one basic truth.

P.S

I apologise to the couple of German fans who have not acted like this and been reasonable....

I am commenting on those that have been so one sided in their critisism and praise and cannot acknowledge undeniable truths despite how small they are.

It is much easier to exist in harmonny when people do not act prideful and with Schadenfreude, can take victory and enjoy it without that and when people can acknowledge both the good and the bad of their teams and not deny certain truths.

Oh yes and this outdated myth of the English hyping their team and being prideful as a mass, and for this to be thought and stated even if the person you are speaking to doesn't express such....that really needs to be put to bed because it is well like I say a myth, has no truth to it and if it is adopted as a position going into a conversation it is racially stereotyping. It has been a long time since I have heard anything other than a pervading pessimism in England about the national team....at least back to 1990. In any regard if you come in and start talking to an English man and tell him he is hyping England, tell him he thinks they are world beaters- when he hasn't said anything like that. What is different from that and going into a thread by presuming that all Germans are ironic or all Swedes are sarcastic etc? Its rubbish and it shouldn't happen.

Last edited:
yeah, i mean really, what an embarrassing statement. klose is not even the best striker in the country...vanzandt clearly knows nothing about german football.

Yet more criticism of me for the fact that I criticized the German team.

I have still to receive any criticism for the fact that I have been far more critical of England.

Once again this is a totally unfair criticism of what I did not say.

Why?

Because of one word………….Context.

The context was in the CURRENT German national team and NOT the Bundesliga.

I said that Klose was the one world class player in reference to the CURRENT German national team.

You can agree or disagree but please do not start telling me that he is not the best striker in the Bundesliga as that is irrelevant.

P.S

I suppose you could argue Lahm being world class.

Metzelder and Mertesacker are VERY good but I would not go as far as to say world class. Just as I would say that Ferdinand is not world class. For me world class means the very best few in that position and I would rate the likes of Terry, Nesta above them and many more besides.

This is all a load of crap any way though why don’t all just admit it.

The only reason I have come in for a barrage of criticism is because I was critical of the German national team and people have not liked that. Conversely No one has paid the least negative attention to my criticism of the England national team.

So what is the message?

I guess it is I can be critical of the England national team but not critical of the German national team. I can think that they are both crap, but I can only say that one of them is crap unless I want to be attacked.

Nice.

vanzandt, what is wrong with you?
The 5:1 doesn't bug me at all, and it didn't back then. That's a fact. As simple as that. Because I don't care about rivalries in football. We lost 5:1 to Romania once, did it matter, nope. It was a deserved thrashing, and that's it.

You're trying to tell me what I(!) believe? :D

And one more thing, since I do read you're posts very carefully:

I DID NOT EVER CRITICIZE THE ENGLISH SQUAD.
I don't care about it much, to be honest, that's up to you folks.
And this "oNe" guy shouldn't have been taken seriously at all, if you ask me.

Last edited:
vanzandt, what is wrong with you?
The 5:1 doesn't bug me at all, and it didn't back then. That's a fact. As simple as that. Because I don't care about rivalries in football. We lost 5:1 to Romania once, did it matter, nope. It was a deserved thrashing, and that's it.

You're trying to tell me what I(!) believe? :D

And one more thing, since I do read you're posts very carefully:

I DID NOT EVER CRITICIZE THE ENGLISH SQUAD.
I don't care about it much, to be honest, that's up to you folks.
And this "oNe" guy shouldn't have been taken seriously at all, if you ask me.

Saying that it doesn't bug you for the team you follow to get beat 5-1 in a crucial qualifyer is simply not credible. No football fan following the team they support would say that. So I might be telling you what you believe, but I am doing so on the most solid of ground. Either you are not a proper football fan that follows the German team or you were very much bugged by that loss.

I would say it is the latter as I would not accuse you of not being a proper fan.

Also I don't think I said that you critisized the England team, I don't think I said that to you at all.

My point, a VERY valid one, was that nobody had a go at me for critisizing the England team, but people have very much had a go at me for critisizing the German team.

As for One- do not try to justify what he said or in any way or give him some kind of get out of jail free card for his terrible postings by suggesting he was not being serious. The posts that I responded to were awful- end of story.

As for One- do not try to justify what he said or in any way or give him some kind of get out of jail free card for his terrible postings by suggesting he was not being serious. The posts that I responded to were awful- end of story.

He obviously came here just to insult you and the English folks. I'm just saying it would be wiser not to argue with trolls then to feed them with getting back at 'em.

ninja is back ,that cheekey bastard.

I presume this is in reference to me because I saw a mail about me in another thread which said;

I like vanzandt he`s sharp! is he alucard? ninja breakz? who is he? one thing for sure he`s honest as the sun :)

So I presume you are calling me a cheeky bastard and think I am someone else?

If that is true then you are the cheeky bastard baecause I have never registered with this site under any other name prior.

The person you have mentioned is not me- end of.

Just did a search and he was someone who was banned who was a Man Utd fan....I if you hadn't worked it out am an Evertonian.

Last edited:
I presume this is in reference to me because I saw a mail about me in another thread which said;

If that is true then you are the cheeky bastard baecause I have never registered with this site under any other name prior.

Just did a search and he was someone who was banned who was a Man Utd fan....I if you hadn't worked it out am an Evertonian.

then your his long lost brother

If Vanzandt was either ninja or Alucard, it would be Alucard. I think they are quite similar but van is nowhere near as offensive.
You could always tell ninja by his spelling mistakes. Do you remember his pneumatic alphabet too?
I thought Vanzandt was Alucard at first as he seemed to be posting in the man utd thread more than any other but I think that's just because it's the most active thread.

Jesus Christ, Alucard. Please stop making a fool out of yourself here as this is getting really embarrassing. If it's not you, you're at least living in the same house and share the same connection. So say hello to your roommate and give him some warm slaps as you obviously contracted his disease of talking bullshit all day long.

I have been called a cheeky bastard by someone accusing me one being one person, talked over by another person referring to me as someone else and now I have some administrator telling me I am making a fool of myself?

You lot are taking the micky and acting like a load of conspiricy nutters.

I have had enough unfair critisism throughout this thread on the basis of the subject matter and the football thread without this rubbish. Most of the critisim that has been aimed at me relates to what I didn't say, but what people though I had said or presumed I thought etc..this is just the ultimate extention of that.

As for Mr Admin...go and check my connection because you are talking out of your arse, I do not share a connection with anyone and the connection is NOT the same as anyone elses.

What exactly have I said that people deem so offensive?

What have I said that deserves all this?

You lot have got it so wrong it is unreal. I registered the other day/ex number of weeks back and that is it.

P.S

I guess I need not say anything offensive if you can just say I am someone else who has been offensive in the past and paint me to be someone else I am not without any evidence. Whatever I say you will just say the opposite.

This is the ultimate way of shatting on someone on a website isn't it- say someone is someone else and they can't do anything about it.

Well done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom