Mass Effect

So have played about 13 hours now and have just done the feros and nova.... missions. The mains mission are good but the side missions are boring the pants off of me. I mean every cave or compound is the same with the cover boxes placed differently. So my question to those who have finished them and the game: Are there any interesting ones? As atm Im getting so bored with them that its affecting how much I want to play the game.

Another thing I think is a shame is the size of the levels (story missions) compared to what is in them. I realise they have to have "epic" locations in scale as its space and all that, but they are generally so sparse of elements and people/enemies that it takes away from the intensity that they could have made. Also Im not too bothered about the story yet, so much so that Im becoming more and more renegade as the constant waffling on of people is getting on my tits :D So now I choose, shut up/shoot them/etc. Hope the main mission/story will get better as it is slowly going away from me as the top game I thought it is/was. Maybe its just inherent to RPG's that its more about wandering about, collecting and talking then about interesting level design.

I liked the main story, but also disliked the side stories. I finished the game, including side missions under 18 hours. I agree with tik, there wasnt enough depth in the level sizes themselves! This is probably so that they could make more games and make more money!

Roll on KOTOR3!

Well just finished the game, just under 17hours in total. Didnt bother with half the side missions as they just bored me. The main story seemed a bit short to me. Maybe I was expecting too much, but it came in at about 10/11 hours. Time isnt an issue, but it seemed too "rushed" near the end.

You spent so much time looking around trying to find out what was going on that when you reached the promethian lab that seemed like a halfway point, instead it was the 2nd to last level!

Good game though, although I am left feeling like I watched some b-movie sci-fi flick as it all just didnt come together as well as I was expecting. The story never really grabbed me, the levels were far to sparce (as I mention in my previous post), combat wasnt intense enough, atmosphere also was a bit lacking for me (due to level size and emptyness). Overal a good game, but not near Bioshock level of total quality.

Think I will give the sequal a miss, even though they have set it up nicely!

Glad I didn't buy this, no-one seems to be blown away by it. My brother is quite far in the game and can't be bothered to finish it.

I got a quesiton for those that are further away, I'm actually on that ship after the Eden Prime incident and I was wondering how was the different planet, do they look differently ? Do they have new species etc.. ?

I like the space feeling so far but eden prime was kinda bad for a planet call Eden Prime <.< I was hoping to see something liek the island in Uncharted but rather it was a Phantasy Star Online like planet. Hope there will be lots of difference between planet.

I was dissapointed, they all felt generic to me with just a different texture and "hazard rating". Also the caves and compounds all have the same floorplan, respectively, so once you've seen one of each you've seen them all. One of the reasons I stopped doing the side missions.

Mass Effect DLC to 'Bring Down the Sky' on March 10

BioWare has unveiled the first in a series of downloadable add-ons to its interstellar epic of planetary exploration and interspecies cavorting, Mass Effect. Warping onto the Xbox Live Marketplace on Monday, March 10th, "Bring Down the Sky" expands the game's rich universe by adding a new uncharted world and an alien race mentioned but never seen in the award-winning central campaign.

It seems an extremist group of Batarians, who sadly look nothing like the gigantic space bats we envisioned them to be, has taken control of a mobile asteroid station and set it on a collision course with a nearby colony. Since you'll have absolutely none of that, you'll download the adventure for 400 MS Points ($5) and put an end to the crisis within "approximately 90 minutes." If saving Terra Nova isn't reward enough, there are 50 Gamerscore points in it for you.

mass-effect-dlc-batarian-800px.jpg

For 90 minutes worth of gameplay I'm glad I sold the game six days after purchase (after completing it).

Its going to be bullshit. The game itself was meant to offer me over 20 hours, but about 14 of those hours were boring repetitive side missions. So basically this addon will be about 20 minutes of actual story.

I miss it to be honest, I thought it was a fantastic game and I've not played anything like it before (I've always thought they were geeky and boring).

There's three games I'm tempted to buy again, Rainbow Six Vegas, Test Drive Unlimited (because of the endless content) and Mass Effect (because I genuinely loved it). But I'd only buy them if I could get them for a fiver each. I'm already addicted to Burnout and FIFA, and I haven't touched Condemned (sequel out soon).

I recently bought R6 for a tenner, and am loving single player even though I finished it almost over a year ago. I can't play Mass Effect again, it was good, but I felt quite restricted with my actions.

I couldn't play it again from scratch either, no way - I've never, ever done that with a game and I never ever will. I think it's totally pointless.

If I buy a movie on DVD I only watch it once, either that or I watch it again in ten years (by which time the media is obsolete and it's a complete bitch finding something that will play it).

But I'd like to see the new content. I just wouldn't pay over a fiver to buy the game back because I know in my heart of hearts it's not worth it. I'm loving Burnout, it's been a long time since I've loved a game so much, and I'm loving the FIFA league as well. But I have to admit I do miss it.

I'd love to get into an MMORPG, something I could play every day, but they all seem crappy to me.

If you liked Mass Effect, you should try the Knights of the Old Republic series (assuming that you havent) for Xbox. I absolutely loved them and think they're way better than Mass Effect. Can't wait for the 3rd one for 360.

I've never played it but I'm assuming you'd have to know something about Star Wars - I know nothing about Star Wars. I will be buying the 360 one anyway, just to see what all the fuss is about.

If you liked Mass Effect, you should try the Knights of the Old Republic series (assuming that you havent) for Xbox. I absolutely loved them and think they're way better than Mass Effect. Can't wait for the 3rd one for 360.

One of the best games I've ever played (KOTOR1 that is, though KOTOR 2 wasn't as good it was still a very good game) and I don't know a thing about Star Wars either. Loved those games :)

If original Xbox titles had achievements I would be lapping them up*, but as they don't the only ones I'll ever be interested in are the Oddworld games - one of the best serieses of all time, IMHO.

*Yeah I know, kill me.

One of the best games I've ever played (KOTOR1 that is, though KOTOR 2 wasn't as good it was still a very good game) and I don't know a thing about Star Wars either. Loved those games :)

Its a fantastic game and i´m not a star wars fan either.

I'm playing this game atm, if you like sci-fi it's really coool I think, also not really a rpg, more like action game with rpg element.

Back
Top Bottom