Mass Effect 3 (PC/360/PS3)

Re: Mass Effect 3

Great news. Will be getting Mass Effect 2 on PS3 on January 21st also as I never got to play the 2nd one.

I just hope they don't strip the game of any more features.

I loved ME1, but for me ME2 was dumbed down too much and the inventory sucked. They made it too easy. It was still a good game though.

I just hope they don't strip the game of any more features.

I loved ME1, but for me ME2 was dumbed down too much and the inventory sucked. They made it too easy. It was still a good game though.

While inventory management, getting to missions, and acquiring top weapons and armor were much easier in ME2, the combat was far more difficult. ME1's combat on insanity difficulty was incredibly easy; multiple class layouts could make their character invincible. In ME2, at least there was a legit chance of death on some of the harder missions.

ME2 actually required at least some tactical approach to combat, unlike ME1.

Mass_Effect_3.jpg

Have mine preordered for PS3 with Tesco for £32. Can't bloody wait for this.. possibly my most anticipated game for a while. What versions have you guys ordered?

Some of the promotional videos have been absolutely amazing:

YouTube - Mass Effect 3: Fight (Live-Action TV Trailer)

YouTube - Mass Effect 3: Take Earth Back Trailer

That link just takes me to the games section Placebo!

I think I'm drawn to this game mainly for its story. I'm quite a story-driven gamer that needs strong narrative... this is also quite clear with my TV show watching choice.

I'm also very eager to play this game, loved the first and second and can't wait too see how the story (and my character) unfolds.

Can't wait for this. I came very late to Mass Effect, finished ME1 in November and started ME2 just this week. I can't put it down. It does feel less 'RPG' like than the first but it's still great fun. ME3 should indeed be great!

That was a nightmare for me to preorder the CE. It got cancelled once 2 months ago and another time 2 days ago.
I got the uk versions of ME and ME2 and I could not risk to lose my saves and DLC.
I had to preorder the game in the train with my phone at Amazon!!!
What a relief.

I enjoyed the story of the game... the rest of the game not so much.

It was basically something like 10 main missions that advance the story and that are great fun. Then a boat load of side missions that means fluff all, a bunch of recruit your squad mission and the inevitable 'I'll join you but only if you do me the following favours'. It felt so poorly designed how EVERYONE who joined you had 3 side missions to build their trust, it just felt so basic and artificial.

Take away the choices and the ability to keep your save files from game to game and this wouldn't even register on my interest scale.

I just finished ME2 and loaded up the single player ME3 demo for the first time (I'd avoided the demo until I'd completed ME2). Seems just more of the same which is to be expected, but with some nice additions. The action seems to be a lot more integrated into set pieces than before, very much like the Unchartered game's on PS3. And the graphics are stunning for a 360 game, they're up there with Battlefield 3 (on consoles).

I can't wait for this, or to see how my choices panned out from ME2, particularly with my specific choice to hand over a certain something to Cerberus at the end of ME2...

Ordered my PC copy last night, got it for £22.86 off a CD key website and should get my Origin code today or tomorrow. Looking forward to it as the first two ME games are some of my all time favourite games.

Ordered my PC copy last night, got it for £22.86 off a CD key website and should get my Origin code today or tomorrow. Looking forward to it as the first two ME games are some of my all time favourite games.

I've thought about pre-ordering to get some bonus stuff but the DLC being offered by shops is pretty rubbish. Most are offering a particular type of gun, which to be honest, doesn't interest me at all. I never found a huge amount of difference between the assault rifles in ME2 so that's not a draw for me at all.

The ME3 Collectors' Edition does look amazing, but it's far too expensive weighing in at over £70.

Still no controller support for the PC version, which I find pretty irritating. Mass Effect is a very cinematic game, so I prefer to sit back on the sofa when playing it.

And my Xbox sounds like it's about to take off every time I turn it on at the moment (Despite my opening it up and cleaning out any dust), so using that is out of the question.

The lack of 360 pad support is completely ridiculous. Citing "lack of time" is a bit silly considering Bioware are such a big company and they had time enough to make DLC but not add basic pad functionality.

I've got a desk so I can use mouse and keyboard but I'd MUCH prefer to use a controller. I hated Skyrim with KB&B but it was great with a pad.

Still no controller support for the PC version, which I find pretty irritating. Mass Effect is a very cinematic game, so I prefer to sit back on the sofa when playing it.

And my Xbox sounds like it's about to take off every time I turn it on at the moment (Despite my opening it up and cleaning out any dust), so using that is out of the question.

Me too, my xbox is so loud I can hear it vibrating against the TV unit from downstairs!

Stick a pair of headphones, and I can enjoy the awesome sound in these games without hearing a peep from my console :P

Does anyone know how the multiplayer side of this works?

I downloaded the trailer off the PS store but it other than showing some action it doesn't make it clear if its competitive mp, co op missions or horde or all 3.

Horde style with some objectifs every 2-3 waves.
These special waves earn you money to spend on special packs to get better equipments. You earn XP by killing ennemies.

As you level up, you get special point to spend on your powers in the class you want in order to survive 10 waves in various difficulties (bronze, silver and gold). And trust me you will die a lot at first: even in bronze the IA is very good and can be unforgivable. Silver can be done with friends. And Gold is hardcore (tons of enemis, with shields, barriers, etc....).

If one guy goes down, the whole team can fall apart in just 2 seconds. Stay close to your friends and help them when possible. It is very addictive imo.

I didn't get round to play the first two, but after reading the reviews I am tempted to buy this. Is it possible to jump straight into this or do I need to play the part 1 and part 2.

You could play ME2 without having played the first game, I imagine you can do the same here. But you'd be REALLY missing out.

I'd suggest getting ME1 first. If you don't like it, you wont have lost out on much. It's an amazing game in its own right and it'll set up the story for the rest of the games.

I'd strongly recommend buying the first two games first, you could get away without it but you'll be missing out on alot, particularly seeing how your choices from ME1 and 2 affect the plot in ME3, as well as how your character evolves too. Plus they're cheap now, I got ME1 and 2 for a combined total of £17. Not bad for over 60 hours of gameplay spanning both games.

I'd strongly recommend buying the first two games first, you could get away without it but you'll be missing out on alot, particularly seeing how your choices from ME1 and 2 affect the plot in ME3, as well as how your character evolves too. Plus they're cheap now, I got ME1 and 2 for a combined total of £17. Not bad for over 60 hours of gameplay spanning both games.

I sold my 360 before backing up my saved game but I've just been pointed to masseffectsaves.com and so I'll just grab a saved game similar to how I finished the previous ME games and I should be able to carry on.

Thanks guys, looks like i'll be picking up ME1 and ME2 tonight. That should keep me going for a month or so at least.

Think I'm gonna do the same, played 2/3 of the first and about a 1/4 of the second, but was busy with work and they sort of fell by the wayside. Would be great to experience the whole trilogy now.

Back
Top Bottom