Maradona new Argentina coach

Julio Grondona is the man who runs the AFA as if it were his own personal posession.

He snubbed Bianchi a great coach and Ramon Diaz was not considered.

Maradona failed in charge of second division sides in Argentina . This is a big mistake.

It would have been ideal to appoint Bianchi, get Tocalli back in with the youth appoint Bianchis choice of assistant probably Ischia and bring in another younger coach ie Russo/Simeone to continue the line of sucession.

And perhaps Batigol as a forwards coach.

As it is Maradonas old friends are now all coaches Hector Enrique, Julio Olarticochea ,Pedro Troglio ie the band of 86 & 90.

This is not a holiday camp its the head coaching spot of one of the best teams in the world with arugably some of the best midfield and attacking talent out there and some very good defenders who are not being picked ie Garay, Gonzalo .

This decision can only be proven by time namely after September 2010 but in my own vew its a big mistake.

And most of the Argentinian public who know football think so too.

If Diego fails Grondona can blame him and keep himself secure as head of the AFA . If not his decision was genius.

Does this also mean Aguero is now guaranteed a starting spot every game ? Maradona is a nasty an ie with respect with some comments on Messi now Aguero is his son in law.

What hope do Higuain or Cavenaghi have two outstanding strikers ? The latter is in direct line of Batigol- Crespo - Cavegol.

Already it appears the madman favours Papa over Monzon who is the better player and Angeleri over Gonzalo,Garay and Fazio. :SHOCK:

I should change my username to Albi2014 as theres no way of winning with him in charge.

To be fair, i think anu coach would give Aguero an automatic starter's position in his current form.
Besides that: if the Argentinian squadwill be successfull under Maradonna it wil be despite him...

No doubt it will make good publicity, but the guy failed at much lower level. Given quality players should be able to perform at this level off their own backs maybe he can motivate them but tactically...?

it's a bad move IMHO...

I think Maradona will be a success. He brings charisma and motivation, and might surprise us all. Much like Jurgen Klinsman with Germany in 2006.

As a big fan of Argentinian football and their natioanl team, i hope future will prove you right Stef...but i doubt it.
Klinsman is a nice low profile, down to earth guy...Maradonna is completely the opposite...and hoestly i don't see any charisma in Maradonna...maybe young Argentinian football players will see him as charismatic...

Think he'll do well, as long as they bring in a Loew-type figure to do be the brains behind the team.

Mascherano for captaincy.

This will either be a stroke of genius or a complete disaster. El Diego is still a deity in his homeland so perhaps all the players he picks will be so in awe and eager to impress that they play out of their skins. On the other hand, he has no pedigree as a manager and this is one of the biggest jobs in world football. A bit like making Bobby Charlton England manager.

I heard he might drop Cambiasso and Zanetti. :CONFUSE:

Cambiasso and Zanetti are too old for Argentina, it is time to make other great young players ...

Diego :APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

maradona.jpg

:))

Il Capitano does need replacing. We cannot rely on him and in recent games he has tired badly.

Monzon deserves a chance he is a great attacking fullback. Maidana can do a job down the other flank.

I just hope they pick the right players ie Higuain, Cavegol, Zarate , Denis are all in form and Lavezzi & pick the best young defenders Gonzalo, Garay & Fazio.

I do hope Aimar stays injury free to get a chane because he ,Messi & Tevez link up very well.

I suppose if Bilardo is allowed to coach tactics and Diegol is left to the motivatonal side of things it could work.

As for these jibes about his past. He fell in with the wrong crowd and went off the rails. Its nothing to be proud about but there are plenty of other footballers esp. in England involved in sexual assaults, recreational drug abuse and addiction to leave Dios an easy target.

By far the greatest player ever to walk on a pitch. Messi can never be in his class.He was a once in a hundred years player.

Il Capitano does need replacing. We cannot rely on him and in recent games he has tired badly.

Monzon deserves a chance he is a great attacking fullback. Maidana can do a job down the other flank.

I just hope they pick the right players ie Higuain, Cavegol, Zarate , Denis are all in form and Lavezzi & pick the best young defenders Gonzalo, Garay & Fazio.

I do hope Aimar stays injury free to get a chane because he ,Messi & Tevez link up very well.

I suppose if Bilardo is allowed to coach tactics and Diegol is left to the motivatonal side of things it could work.

As for these jibes about his past. He fell in with the wrong crowd and went off the rails. Its nothing to be proud about but there are plenty of other footballers esp. in England involved in sexual assaults, recreational drug abuse and addiction to leave Dios an easy target.

By far the greatest player ever to walk on a pitch. Messi can never be in his class.He was a once in a hundred years player.

your kidding right? recreational drug use? the guys is a fucking addict plain and simple, he was far from recreational. by far the greatest player, man your drinking the kool-aid, maradonna was fantastic in spurts, but sucked for long stretches of time in his career. He fell in with the mafia, yeah i would say thats the wrong crowd. Great great great talent who could have been greater had he not been an addict, you have to feel sorry for him in some respect but he did it over and over again.

Even if this was true, this means nothing in his new function...he's a coach now...

The concensus is that he was.From Zidane to van Basten to older players like di Stefano and Tostao all agree. FIFAs player of the century by the public across the world,desite FIFA's attempt to rig it in favour of their man Pele.

Of course Gerd it means nothing as a coach. Often the best coaches are those who had a mediocre career or whose playing careers were cut short by injury and feel they have something to prove. have my misgivings but we'll see what happens.

He could be a brilliant sucess or appalling failure. Either way Grondona gets off scot free.

As for the above comment I'll ignore it. :ZZZ:

Fantastic in spurts ? Superb at Argentinos Juniors, Boca , Barca , Napoli and one world cup and struggling with injury another world cup final.

Of course the haters will start to spit venom. The man is a reformed character and deserves support not criticism.

And if anyone says other players are saints they are missing the point.

As a big fan of Argentinian football and their natioanl team, i hope future will prove you right Stef...but i doubt it.
Klinsman is a nice low profile, down to earth guy...Maradonna is completely the opposite...and hoestly i don't see any charisma in Maradonna...maybe young Argentinian football players will see him as charismatic...
Don't worry about that.

Maradonna was 10 times the player Klinsman was!

Maradonna was 10 times the player Klinsman was!

In terms of technique, vision - pure skill - definitely yes. But Klinsmann was ten times the deadly striker Maradona was.
Nonsense to compare two world class players of totally different positions. Just as silly as comparing their achievements as coaches.

Maradona was a hundred times the player Jose Mourinho was, so he makes the better coach?

Of course he was a legendary player, but all I've seen or heard of him later on were scandals about drug abuse, gaining and losing weight like a bulimic and shooting at FIFA execs.

Then again: He will get an already classy team with plenty of future prospects and experienced players to choose from. Nothing can possibly go SO WRONG with the likes of Messi, Aguero, Tevez and company. ;)

Mascheranao has turned down the captaincy.

Bizarre. Okay he isn't the most charasmatic or vocal, but he leads by example on the pitch, thats all the counts.

Apparently Peter Benitez is trying to get Masche to change his mind over it.

Masche for his part said he felt there are others better qualified for the role and thought it might detract from his own game into which he puts one hundred percent.

You have been linked with Cavenaghi. Top class striker links beautifully with the midfield (River coaching).

Hows Gerardo Bruna getting on ? Would like some information please. Cheers. :))

I would have gone for Ramon Diaz myself, if the AFA had appointed him I think Argentina would have won WC2010.

Argentina are the only nation in the world who could put out 3 different teams and each one would have a chance of winning the world cup, such is the strength in depth of the squad. Even in goal you've got the likes of Orion, Carizzo and Nicolas Navarro.

Apparently Peter Benitez is trying to get Masche to change his mind over it.

Masche for his part said he felt there are others better qualified for the role and thought it might detract from his own game into which he puts one hundred percent.

You have been linked with Cavenaghi. Top class striker links beautifully with the midfield (River coaching).

Hows Gerardo Bruna getting on ? Would like some information please. Cheers. :))

Bruna was part of the reserve squad that won the double last season. (and have suprinsingly been poor this year) He hasn't stood out as much as players like Nemeth or Pacheco however. Not the person to ask though as I don't get to watch alot of reserve games.

Thanks for the information. I'll go hunt more on the Liverpool boards.

Edmundo. Bianchi or Diaz would have been best but they were never really in the frame with Grondona and his sons ruling the roost.

Argentina could certainyly field two sides. The talent available upfront and in midfield is breathtakign and theer are kids like Icardi , Zuculini , Salvio , Meza , Viatri etc coming through.

Defence is a bit weaker but there are yongsters whjo need to be played.

Diego has arrived here today to see Carlitos and then Dimi in Munich.

He has already managed to badmouth Brown and Batista . :CONFUSE: Bilardo is involved somehow too. Its a mess. :BLEH:

Diego turned up at Melwood the other day for a meeting with Benitez and Mascherano. No futher details. They were the last to leave the training session. Maybe Mash has been persuaded.

Although Diego joined in on training and the lads got his autograph etc.

Back
Top Bottom