Manchester United Thread

Zico said:
Puyol is Barca through and through mate and i would be very surprised if he decides to leave, but money talks nowadays. :mrgreen:

Nah he aint coming to OT the club has said no more transfers and if there are FFS we need a striker!!!!!!

Anyway like you said Zico Puyol is a Barca man ( who with a new coach and new players Barca are gonna storm the league IMO, well compared to last year anyway) so unless he's pushed he wont leave....

Nice pic FS not sure what the relevance is but its nice to know your thinking about us mate, i'll be thinking of your lot when Copenhagen knock em out tonite :mrgreen:

Ruud is set to break yet another league record tonite when he looks to score in his 11th consecutive game, he already holds The Prem record but tonight he could overtake John Aldridges post war top-flight record.

Aldridge is certain his achievement will be wiped from the history books at Old Trafford this evening.

Van Nistelrooy equalled the former Liverpool scorer's 10-match sequence, set 16 years ago, with his goal at Newcastle last Saturday.

Aldrige says it:

'Proves his class'

"I didn't think my 1987 record would ever get caught," Aldridge confessed.

"The way football has progressed I just expected that my achievement was safe. I just could not see anyone overtaking it.

"Scoring in 11 consecutive league matches at top level in this day and age is incredible but that just proves the class of Ruud van Nistelrooy.

"With all due respect to Wolves they have been labelled the whipping boys of the Premiership already. Their defence has got no confidence so it is not a case of if Ruud will beat my record as in which minute he'll do it.

"If I was having a bet on it I'd say he'd do it in the first 15 minutes! But to be honest, it wouldn't matter who United were playing tonight the way they are creating chances and the way van Nistelrooy is taking them I would still think he'd take my record.

"We were a class outfit in `87 and were very similar to United now in the way we created chance after chance. It was a joy for a striker to be presented with so many opportunities and I was the lucky one.

"Ruud has got so many great assets but the most important thing is that like all great goalscorers it is a natural thing for him in the box. You can't teach that talent. He just gets into that 'pomo' (position of maximum opportunity) position."

Here speaks an LFC Legend...

He's 2/1 on to score first tonight.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
loz said:
thank you, and no it doesnt talk about LFC :roll:

Yes he does the "we we're a class act in 87" think he was talking about LFC mate.....

alright if ya wana be pedantic about it referred to LFC, however he wasnt actually talking about them.

i think RVN should be odds on to do this tonight, btw. i can see him breaking Andy Coles record of most goals in a game, is it 5 against the tractor boys? Wolves are looking real dodgy in defence.

loz said:
alright if ya wana be pedantic about it referred to LFC, however he wasnt actually talking about them.

i think RVN should be odds on to do this tonight, btw. i can see him breaking Andy Coles record of most goals in a game, is it 5 against the tractor boys? Wolves are looking real dodgy in defence.

Ahh its all in jest ;) :)

But yeah he's 2/1 on to score first tonite. Of cousre I'd be happy first and foremost with the 3points but I fancy us to smash em, get a good goal diff now, cant help but think the tighter it gets between the clubs one of these seasons its gonna come to that.....

Im sure the ref will do everything in his power to help RVN achieve it. :mrgreen:

phrase said:
simply a hardworking,never quitting warrior on the field,a typical Man United player.

Em......Barthez? Phil Neville? :twisted:

I had the pleasure to see the Mancs over here against Juve, I have to say they were outstanding to watch. I didn't know football could be played on the level they were at. I hate them but it was beautiful to watch. If only I could see my Gunners, maybe next pre-season?

United 1 Wolves 0

Not one of our better performances, far from it in fact. I think Kleberson needs matches, Djemba is looking like a quality player while we had flashes of genius from Ronny.
However, I do feel we missed Rio and Silvestre on quite a lot of occasions. It was more of a blending in match than anything, and it was a perfect opportunity to do so. Good to see Big John getting the match winner as well. All in all, we can play a lot better, but nothing to worry about. 3 wins out of 3, excellent.

Not trying to be cocky here, but I can't help but think that us scoring 1 more goal than Utd could make a huge difference. At this stage it looks like Man U, Arsenal & Chelsea could win every game (longshot I know). I guess what I mean is that every goal is important. So Ruud didn't break John Aldridge's record then?

Thats the big difference between united and other teams. We can play complete s**t, but still get a result.

knh4 said:
Thats the big difference between united and other teams. We can play complete s**t, but still get a result.

i totally agree wit u knh4, no doubt about it, i havent seen such a horrid 90 mins, well the 10th min oshea mark was aiight, but other than dat, cmon!! we cudnt have possibly played a more boring match,

zico, i agree 100%!!! :mrgreen: sup wit those things!?! but putting dat aside, the lad has gotta learn to use his left foot, 2 chances dat cudnt made keano look like a wally, but cuz he wanted a gol wit his rite foot, missed badly

-azn

HEY HEY! IM BAK! U MISS ME??

Fookin sh*te!!

Thats the worst we've played since.....since about the exact same time last season....

I had a feeling that after Wolves terrible start them coming to OT for the frst time in nearly two decades was the perfect time to give their fans something to shout about, it could've well been an upset.....

After a sh*t day at work you look forward to go and watch some good attacking football, that was Sir Matts philosophy, Fergie should've been reminded about that before his team selection :l

No Giggs, Scholes, Rio, Silvestre, and you could tell, Keane didnt do too bad in defence but a better team wouldve had punished us. Having two players in the middle of the park that have never played together didnt help either but the whole team looked jaded last night, just when we got a few passes together the final ball was terrible, Ruuds touch was crap Forlans even sh*tter, Ronaldo had the inevitable sh*te game after all the praise he received....

It was great to see Sheasy score though, we all knew he would......eventually ;) :mrgreen:

So our best start to the season but playing pretty poor at the same time, but thats normal for us this stage of the season.

The Saints on Sunday, hopefully we can give the away fans more to cheer about than we got last night.

Ronaldo looks the biggest waste of space ever, can he control the fooking ball. :mrgreen:

Zico said:
Ronaldo looks the biggest waste of space ever, can he control the fooking ball. :mrgreen:

You must be one of those fans (and its always the armchair and plastic fans :roll: ) that jump on a players back straight away, did you think Henry was sh*t when he joined arsenal and hadnt scored in his first 10 games :roll:

Yes in his first full start he had a mare of a game, the whole team played sh*t though but as he's 18 FFS the supporters wont be jumping on his back....

Forlan was the biggest culprit, he should stick to fookin tennis....

Zico said:

I know this is possibly very minor, but before they went onto the pitch, Ronaldo was told to take something off (I think it was a ring) and his face afterwards was a picture - he looked like he was going to cry. That might have affected him.

I don't think he's the worlds greatest footballer on the evidence of a few stepovers against Mike Whitlow, but he will be a talent 2 or 3 years down the line. My only worry is the mancs seem to be rushing him in far too early - and making him wear the no. 7 shirt was bang out of order too imo.

T Butcher fan said:
Zico said:

I know this is possibly very minor, but before they went onto the pitch, Ronaldo was told to take something off (I think it was a ring) and his face afterwards was a picture - he looked like he was going to cry. That might have affected him.

I don't think he's the worlds greatest footballer on the evidence of a few stepovers against Mike Whitlow, but he will be a talent 2 or 3 years down the line. My only worry is the mancs seem to be rushing him in far too early - and making him wear the no. 7 shirt was bang out of order too imo.

You make some very good points there TB. I really think Ronaldo should get rid of that straw on his head as he looks like a fooking Clown. :mrgreen:

T Butcher fan said:
My only worry is the mancs seem to be rushing him in far too early - and making him wear the no. 7 shirt was bang out of order too imo.

Worry??

FFS He's hardly being rushed he made over 20app in Sporting Lisbons 1st team and has been called up to his national team.

He'll be given loads of time but he's still gotta play for him to get used to the team...

I think Fergie knows what he's doing :roll:

lol at the "bang out of order" comment, WTF you talking about, Beckham was abit of kid and a no-name when he got the shirt so whats the diff :roll:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
T Butcher fan said:
My only worry is the mancs seem to be rushing him in far too early - and making him wear the no. 7 shirt was bang out of order too imo.

Worry??

FFS He's hardly being rushed he made over 20app in Sporting Lisbons 1st team and has been called up to his national team.

He'll be given loads of time but he's still gotta play for him to get used to the team...

lol at the "bang out of order" comment, WTF you talking about, Beckham was abit of kid and a no-name when he got the shirt so whats the diff :roll:

Touchy this morning, aren't we vannnizzle? :roll:

He made 20 appearances for Sporting - then you bought him for 12 million - already a lot of pressure on a young kid. (The most expensive teenager in the world probably)

Then, when he asks for something innocuous like the 28 shirt - you insist on him wearing the 7 shirt, leading to comparisons instantly, with the departed David Beckham (Same position on the wing remember, not like when Beckham took it from Cantona). Couple that with playing for the second biggest club in the world, and you have A LOT of pressure.

That is what I'm worried (albeit barely) about.

T Butcher fan said:

He made 20 appearances for Sporting - then you bought him for 12 million - already a lot of pressure on a young kid. (The most expensive teenager in the world probably)

Then, when he asks for something innocuous like the 28 shirt - you insist on him wearing the 7 shirt, leading to comparisons instantly, with the departed David Beckham (Same position on the wing remember, not like when Beckham took it from Cantona). Couple that with playing for the second biggest club in the world, and you have A LOT of pressure.

Touchy, so would you be after being subjected to what I suffered last night, fookin awful it was.......

Anyway no he's not the mst expensive kid ever, someone spent 22mil on some youngster, think it was Barca (now theres pressure). And No there is no comparison with Beckham (how can there be Ronaldo can use his left foot aswell ;) , no-ones made any comparisons with him all the comparisons are with Giggs and Best.

The Kid is under no pressure at all, he's come a year early we've got him for at least 5years, Fergie is proven at establishing young players so dont worry T.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
And No there is no comparison with Beckham

On the Premiership, after Ronaldo's first step over v Bolton. The commentator said 'Well, Beckham who!?' There are and will be comparisons.

As for Fergie's track record with kids, it is a bit special, but I think that something is different about Man Utd this year - I don't think you'll have as much time to 'groom' Ronaldo before he is expected to get results.

T Butcher fan said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
And No there is no comparison with Beckham

On the Premiership, after Ronaldo's first step over v Bolton. The commentator said 'Well, Beckham who!?' There are and will be comparisons.

As for Fergie's track record with kids, it is a bit special, but I think that something is different about Man Utd this year - I don't think you'll have as much time to 'groom' Ronaldo before he is expected to get results.

LOL!!!! Ive never seen Beckham do a step over in my life (he's always left that to phil neville :) ) so that shows what the commentator knows, I can imagine him saying that when Giggs equalled Beckhams free kick goal tally for last season, think he might have been refering to his ability to cross from either wing.

But anyway I reckon The Kid will do okay for us, obvious the ABU's are gonna jump on him everytime he has a sh*t game, but thats no suprise....

In Fergie We Trust

I think that is exactly what the commentator was referring too - The fact that Beckham never did that.

You're definitely a bit touchy on this subject Vannizzle!

Not in love with him, are you? ;)

T Butcher fan said:
You're definitely a bit touchy on this subject Vannizzle!

Like i said had a fookin awful night last night, from leaving work late and having to rush home, everything that could go wrong, went wrong. I had to give up my normal seat and sit beneath the away fans which tbh wasnt too bad at first cos I thought "they'll soon shut it when we're 3-0 up" then the team came out with some big players missing I started getting that feeling......

And unfortunately I was right....

Then cramped on the tram into the city center on the way home we had a couple of slight altercations with some gobby wolves fans...

I night I want to forget.....

T Butcher fan said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
T Butcher fan said:

Worry??

He's bount to be touchy as he knows the title is between Arsenal and Chelsea. :D

Milo` said:
Season ticket holder, Vann?

Yeah mate, tier 2 stretford end, but whenever someone else in the family wants to go to a match. I have to give up my seat and sit in another seat which is usually in another stand, I usually get stuck near the players wives/girlfriends/hangers on which I can stomach to some degree even though they are miserable bastards and dont even go to watch the match, but yesterday I got stuck near the away fans, which wound me up to no end.....

Never again!!!!

quite edgy, dat convo between TB and Vann, haha ;) , we can all b a lil protective at times, just to mention vann, we didnt start rio nor did we start silvestre cuz they were sick/injured respectively... newayz, i agree wit both TB and vann, but everyone star needs to have his time wit his fellow footballers, b4 he can truly have his stardom, becks came up thru the united reserve team program, and ronaldo thru the training grounds in portugal, there is a, albeit small, change between the football they play in portugal and here in OT, and the rest of england...

in other news, im relle concerned about this: Scholes goin under the knife for a hernia problem!??!?! :shock: :( :shock: :(

-azn

footieBalla said:
quite edgy, dat convo between TB and Vann, haha ;)

I didn't think that was edgy! (at least I wasn't being). I love sitting near the away fans - that's where all the banter is!

footieBalla said:
quite edgy, dat convo between TB and Vann, haha ;) , we can all b a lil protective at times, just to mention vann, we didnt start rio nor did we start silvestre cuz they were sick/injured respectively... newayz, i agree wit both TB and vann, but everyone star needs to have his time wit his fellow footballers, b4 he can truly have his stardom, becks came up thru the united reserve team program, and ronaldo thru the training grounds in portugal, there is a, albeit small, change between the football they play in portugal and here in OT, and the rest of england...

in other news, im relle concerned about this: Scholes goin under the knife for a hernia problem!??!?! :shock: :( :shock: :(

-azn

thats another thing when you go to a game by the time you get in ya seat you havent a clue who is playing and if they are not why not, I didnt know Silvestre was sick....

Dont worry bout Scholesy he'll be alright, Fergie is timing it right before the England games so he'll get two weeks off to recover...

Back
Top Bottom