Manchester City Thread

Seems like Pearcy had an issue with the lack of support on saturday, surely the best supporters in the world are not cheering on the team, maybe it was the few thousand empty seats that made the diff...

Few seats we were nearly 6000 down on Saturday! I know it was only WBA but yes it could of made the difference... but then again spending a bit of money on some creativity woudnt go a miss either...!

JamieMack - when you fools gonna start throwing that ca$h around?? Who you got lined up other than that Qatari winger and Stelios?

What is your most dire need?

jamie_mack said:
Few seats we were nearly 6000 down on Saturday! I know it was only WBA but yes it could of made the difference... but then again spending a bit of money on some creativity woudnt go a miss either...!

this is why im baffled why he wants Stelios, the board should have increased the offer for Malbranque IMO.

jamie_mack said:
Its only because Distin and Dunne were out! but a good substitute never the less! Am i right in saying hes back in the US squad after missing the gold cup!? As for Stellio's he no different from tricky Trevor Sinclair! how can we possibly go from bidding for Malbranque to Stelio's!?
yes, we have a qualifier tommorow night vs t and t, claudio is sure to be starting...

Where to start indeed!!! In reality are defence is sound nothing to worry about there! Midfield, jurys still out on Musampa! Barton & Reyana make a great central combo although lacking a bit in the creative & goalscoring departments but if Barton keeps progressing like he is (and stays out of trouble)i think well be ok there!Cole & Vassel showed some promise on Saturday but Vassell is well out of shape!

Replacing SWP whats needed with quality player, from what i hear Malbranque offer was accepted only for him to turn us down, bit im sure a few more £££ in his wage packet would sort that out! ! We have signed this Hussain lad till january but i havnt seen anything of him and we have the legend(has been) that is Guardiola on a trial! We were linked with Solano last week but that seems to have gone quiet after we made a bid for Stelio's.

Good solid performance yesterday Cole & assel looked good again and the Reyan/Barton midfield again looked very assured, Cant believe were 10 prem games unbeaton and with Sunderland and portsmouth to come look like we could have a good solid start!

Are we living in a weird third dimension? City top of the league?? Congrats mate....enjoy it while it lasts........Cole and Vassell are looking good aren't they? Lets hope they don't disappear when it gets cold.

jamie_mack said:
We Are Top Of The League!
We Are Top Of The League!

For a few more hours anyway! :)

on my work today I noticed the amount of traffic round the city stadium, it was really bad, queues everywhere overweight guys and girls with taches in their city tops looking excited...

I had to stop and ask what all the fuss was about, it turns out that city fans could go down to the stadium and get their photo taken with a copy of this mornings Premier League table.

Congrats jamie, Reyna was linking up well with barton, barton is starting to impress, i thought he sucked last year... Im still not sure what all the fuss is about Dunne, i think he blows...

Sucking and blowing?

Are these blow football players you're referring to? I imagine players that suck aren't very good at blow footy. ;)

Its good to see Spurs and City fighting for the TItle this season ;)

You have got a better run of teams then us now so you could put a bit of a gap now. hopefully beat Rovers tonight then the Chels on sat to keep the pressure up :mrgreen:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
on my work today I noticed the amount of traffic round the city stadium, it was really bad, queues everywhere overweight guys and girls with taches in their city tops looking excited...

I had to stop and ask what all the fuss was about, it turns out that city fans could go down to the stadium and get their photo taken with a copy of this mornings Premier League table.

The sad thing is last week they were all life log United fans! :)

well at least raise a smile...!

(sorry guys now i get the touchy replys! i meant it the text of glory hunters not in the sence of Man Yoo fans leaving because of Glazer!!!) 8)

Last edited:
Hahah i was never touchy!

Chelsea are on a 2 nill lead so enjoy the rest of the 45 mins of being top :p

Well todays rumours are linking Liverool with a move for our Skipper Distin! After tuning down Villas bid earlier in the summer i think the board will hold firm especially as we sold swp...! Im still concened about our lack of squad depth, cmon Mr Pearce dont throw his good start away!

jamie_mack said:
(sorry guys now i get the touchy replys! i meant it the text of glory hunters not in the sence of Man Yoo fans leaving because of Glazer!!!) 8)

lol thats even worse than your first effort, give it up lad trust me you've got nothing on Us.

I think Distin will be off if its up to him, cant blame him, the 24 hours at the top of the league have given him the taste for success!

If its up to him i know he'll be off!! he moved to us in the first place because we offered him more money even though Newcastle were in Europe at the time.

Distain i don't reckon will move anywhere - not now...not since he's seen A.C & Vassel up front making his job a little easier ;) In all seriousness, i don't think Pearcy will wanan comprehend having to draft Stephen Jordan at centre back everyweek and they'll be no chance to get a replacement.

News on the manchesteronline.com city page says SP's stepping up tranfer talk today with a number of people, so hopefully when i take my seat saturday they may parade someone? i can wish can't i ;)

My last match before i go to america for a few months tho, so they better win!

Yeah i read that all the rumours on the boards are were getting Bowyer! :shock: Good to see Pearce saying he expects Distin to sign a new deal not leave and how we hav made bids yesterday for two players, so hopefully we should hear something more today!

I think Onuoha will be in for Jordan at the weekend, hes a back up fullback at best! Other than that cant see any changes. If we get a result at weekend the Derby will be even bigger for us, it will probably shape our season...

I don't see any problems with Pompy tomorrow, they've had a pretty bad start as such and i reckon our midfield will overrun them 2morrow, as long as Barton brings his A-game, which i'm sure he will.

Tell you the truth though, even though Boywer's a thug - he's a solid player that has a nack of scoring and creating chances.

Claudio Reyna was prepared to sacrifice his World Cup spot to ensure he was fully fit to aid Manchester City's Premiership fight.

After two injury-plagued seasons since his switch from Sunderland, Reyna was determined to have a major impact for the Blues this term.

So, instead of ploughing on through the summer helping the United States lift the Gold Cup on home soil, the 32-year-old decided to take a complete break and report back for City duty on the first day of pre-season.

The move did not appear to meet with the wholehearted approval of USA coach Bruce Arena, who hinted Reyna had put his place in the national squad at risk by his self-imposed absence.

Fears about making the squad for Germany next summer must have intensified when Arena's team were crowned North and Central American champions following their penalty shoot-out triumph over surprise finalists Panama.

Fortunately for Reyna, Arena's disgruntlement had eased by the time he came to pick his squad for this month's World Cup win over Trinidad and Tobago.

The midfielder will again be skipper on September 3 when his country try to gain the point required to book their place in the finals against arch-rivals Mexico.

Reyna insists he never seriously thought his 107-cap international career would come to a premature conclusion - but he admits it was a chance he was prepared to take in an effort to prove his worth to City.

"At this stage of my career, it was more important for me to come back to City for the first day of pre-season," said the New Jersey-born player.

"Up to that point, I had played 10 games on the trot for the national team and the travelling takes its toll.

"I had to look at the season ahead, not just with City but also with the World Cup coming up next summer.

"I never really thought my place would be threatened but I told the coach if he did feel uncomfortable bringing me back in, it would not be a problem."

Reyna's approach appears to have worked as he has played a major role in City's excellent start to the season, which is just as well given their lack of midfield cover.

The strenuous efforts of manager Stuart Pearce to bring in new faces have so far been mainly met with frustration, Stelios Giannakopoulos snubbing a move to Eastlands by signing a new three-year contract with Bolton. Pearce has also failed with a bid to bring Fulham midfielder Steed Malbranque to the club.

If either Reyna or central midfield partner Joey Barton get injured, Pearce has only Antoine Sibierski and untested youngster Jonathan D'Laryea to call on as possible replacements.

Not that anyone in the Blues camp is getting too worked up about the situation just yet.

With seven points from their opening three games, City can approach Saturday's encounter with struggling Portsmouth in confident mood knowing victory will see them jump into second spot heading into the international break because the only two sides currently above them, Chelsea and Tottenham, meet at White Hart Lane.

The transformation from a club apparently heading nowhere under Kevin Keegan as recently as March is startling.

An 11-match unbeaten run is City's best in the top flight since 1977 and few would bet against Pearce's men making it 12 against Portsmouth, who have not beaten the Blues away from Fratton Park in more than 40 years.

"There is a higher expectation among the players now," admitted Reyna. "Everyone knows Chelsea, Manchester United and Arsenal are going to be at the top but when you look at the rest of the league, we are just as good as a lot of the other teams.

"There is not a big difference between getting into Europe and just being in mid-table and the more results we can grind out against the clubs around us, the higher we will eventually finish."

I think we are all reaping the rewards, us and the USA!

Back
Top Bottom