Manchester City Thread

Discussion in 'Club Threads' started by Rob, 20 April 2004.

1. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Manchester United
    Should have just held on to Anelka.

2. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    Your telling me! weve sold out best two players in the last 6 months and have feck all to show for it!Vassel is definitly a rich mans Huckerby but if it was him or some of the other strikers we were linked with like Bent form Everton I'd take Vassel everytime!

3. ghazi

ghazi Guest

JM - other than Vasell, what have y'all done with the SWP money?

4. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    No doubt it's gone towards some of the 60 million squid they have of debt. :shock:

5. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    Injury woe for City star

Race Murder: Footballer Makes TV Appeal

All go go go in the blue half of manchester today! 60m debt ha! should be about 30m at the most now! and 15m of that is off the chairman, and with the big wage takers gone i.e Anelka 50k Bosvelt 30k Macmanineverplayagameandusedcityforapayday 40k off the books we should save ourselves a packet! Pearce has said he looking for another midfielder in a defensive role! TBH i think we need a bit more creativity in the midlle! i wouldnt mind Casterlan as a replacement for SWP we seem to be linked to him everyday and the latest is a move for Graverson!

6. Vannizzlefashizzal

Vannizzlefashizzal TWENTYTIMES!!!!

31 October 2002
  7. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    Well we are a massive club! ;) Anyhow seems Pearce has failed in a 4m bid for Malbranque and if we dont improve our offer we could be in for Olivier Thomert from lens!

8. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    We have upped our offer for Malbranque to 5.5m! i would think that will be accepted!

9. curswine

curswine Premiership

3 May 2004
    Fleetwood
    [​IMG]

10. Vannizzlefashizzal

31 October 2002
    he's a crackin little player, him threading passes thru for the forwards could be effective, just cant see him wanting to leave Fulham to go to city.....

11. Tyler

Tyler Premiership

22 January 2003
    I think it's been a decent summer so far

We were always going to lose SwP and £21m is plenty
    A. Cole will hopefully get us a few goals
    Vassell is a bargain at 2m in my opinion. If he can get some confidence he'll be a regular England Striker

I'd love to have got Malbranque but don't want to be ripped off £5.5m is a good deal for Fulham.

AND Man U are looking in right mess! ;)

12. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    Welcome Tyler good to see a fellow blue on here! Looks like you were right Van the swine snubbed us! Id have loved to see him in a city shirt! Either way Pearce has impressed me with his transfer targets so far, although Andy Cole has to score in the derby to be anywhere near accepted in my book!

13. Vannizzlefashizzal

31 October 2002
    lol you wish you cheeky little bertie!

we'll be ripping you a new one come derby day!

14. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Manchester United
    lol. Fighting words from a city fan?
    Do you want to get shot down?

15. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    All is not well on the injury front we are now missing Dunne, Thatcher, Fowler, Sibierski, Weaver, Distin and with Onuoha well off the pase yesterday im slighly worried about the opener and yes the derby! with it being early this Season. Just read that Chelsea have turned a loan bid down from us for Huth which means Distin lloks like being out for a while aswell. The thought of going into the derby without Dunne & Distin at the back..:|

16. Tyler

Tyler Premiership

22 January 2003
    If united buy Ballack and Owen I'd be worried but they're short of challenging as it stands

We're looking thin though. 99% we're losing to WBA, bloody Robbo...

17. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Manchester United
    Why are you all worried? Have you all forgotten about your new center forward, David James?

18. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
  19. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Star Man: Richard Dunne
    Despite all the hype surrounding Wright-Phillips, the Republic of Ireland international was City' player of the season.
    One to Watch: Nedum Onuoha
    A fine athlete who has already played all across the defence in his brief career.
    Manager: Stuart Pearce
    His first full season as a manager and he should be expected to build on his reputation after an impressive start.
    INS: Kiki Musampa (Atletico Madrid, loan), Darius Vassell (Aston Villa), Andy Cole (Fulham)
    OUTS: Steve McManaman (released), Christian Negouai (Standard Liege), Paul Bosvelt (Heerenveen), Jon Macken (Crystal Palace), Kevin Ellegaard (released), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Chelsea)
    Best signing: Andy Cole
    Sky Bet Odds: 500/1
    Likely top scorer: Andy Cole.
    Possible best XI:
    Live Sky dates: Birmingham City (20.08-PP), Everton (01.10-PP), West Ham (16.10), Aston Villa (31.10)

20. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Manchester United
    I bet you found that whilst looking for the new Liverpool kit.

21. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Found what?
    Oh no, not this picture viewing problem again.

22. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Manchester United
    Its a pic of the Man City kit.

23. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    Our terrible third kit! Cant believe weve took Guardiola on trial! i thought when keegan had gone it would be the end of the OAP club!

24. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    I think its an imageshack problem, can anyone help

25. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Manchester United
    Well the last place you want to ask is in a Man City thread. ;)

26. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Image is alright for me. Just a quick question, what do you guys REALLY think about Andrew (ha! it's Andy) Cole?

27. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    He played well on Saturday showed some nice touches, but once a red always a red he got a better reception that i thought he would! A hattrick in the derby would go someway towards him being accepted!:) I see weve made a bid for Stelious, please no Mr Pearce....!

28. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    They made a good point on Talksport the other day that if you go to Greece there are hundreds of Stelios's at half the price or less.

I hate it when us big clubs can't be bothered to bring players on all the time through the ranks and they'd rather go and pay millions for some bloke who may not even be suited to English football (not true in Stelios's case but still......).

29. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    how do you feel about My captain america now being man city's captain(claudio), I had to do a double take when I saw claudio on the tele with the captains armband..
    nice job claudio!!!

30. Mack

Mack Champions League

8 August 2003
    Manchester
    MCFC
    Its only because Distin and Dunne were out! but a good substitute never the less! Am i right in saying hes back in the US squad after missing the gold cup!? As for Stellio's he no different from tricky Trevor Sinclair! how can we possibly go from bidding for Malbranque to Stelio's!?