Manchester City Thread

Evening guys ;)

Not the best of games. We were shite second half but hey it was a win. Credit to your fans for having a good laugh with us. Atmosphere was emense today. You played your part in creating it too.

Hit him on the head!
Hit him on the head!
Hit him on the head with a baseball bat KEEGAN! KEEGAN!
:mrgreen:

just seen the goals what the hell was james doing?
and i didnt think there was anything wrong with Bartons dissalowed goal, good job the seasons over and were safe the games dont have the same meaning when its like this roll on he euro 2004 and a shock in the fa cup final would be nice! :mrgreen:

Tarnats on his way out saying keegan said hed get a contract if we stayed up. keegan also says we will hopefully have two new signings by the end of next week but doesnt mention any names! i just hope they are not another set of 30+ timewasters we will see!

I'd have kept Tarnat, he a good player, I bet he gets snapped up by a Prem side anyway. Danny Tiatto can go for me though, but thats two left backs gone, looks like Distin will move back there then.

yeah i could see that new centre back and move distin to left he always worries me anyway when he starts gallavanting upfront and i think the youngster jordan will get a few games in next season at left back!

Rob said:
I'd have kept Tarnat, he a good player, I bet he gets snapped up by a Prem side anyway. Danny Tiatto can go for me though, but thats two left backs gone, looks like Distin will move back there then.

he's got a sweet left foot but i reckon Tarnats best years are behind him, city need to get abit of youth in the side IMO.

reckon you should keep macca though, you never know when your cleaner might nned a new mop head

with youth comes enthusiasm which is seriously lacking in some of the older players, but if we are to get two new players and we have no money like kk said they are bound to be over 30 bosmans!!!

well the two players were supposed to be signing next week these two names seemed to be the candidates, Danny Mills(dont know what middlesbrough have to say about that) and Christian Karembeu! thankfully keegan has denied today the karenbeu story saying that its just paper talk thank god this guys 34 now! kk also says he holds a slim hope of signing van buyton two other premiership clubs are after him and he would cost quite a bit which we dont have, kk said "I am totally impressed by him. I think he is an ideal number five. He has a good head on him and has leadership qualities.

"But at this moment in time he will not be coming here. We know he is worth money and we don't have any.

"It looks like we will lose him and I know that there are two other English clubs interested in him. I haven't totally given up hope as he is an outstanding player"

it has also been revealed that goal keeping coach Peter Bonetti and goalkepper Arni Arason will leave the club after our final game

WTF man city 5-1 everton, amazing what we can do when theres nothing to play for and the pressure is off!

i dont wanna sound as if im taking the piss or anything, but seriously what is it with keegan and ex liverpool players, on bbcsport its saying leeds have rejected a bid for dominic matteo from city

i dont wanna sound as if im taking the piss or anything, but seriously what is it with keegan and ex liverpool players, on bbcsport its saying leeds have rejected a bid for dominic matteo from city

but you are taking the piss! ;) and you missed the fact that he is over 30 :mrgreen: please kk ffs no more! :x

Well what is going? on still no new cb and then we lose one of our young prospects stephen elliot to sunderland! at least we should get a new rb in either reizinger or mills either of them will do me oer sun! ;) So will dvb come doubtfull! although i would love to see him in a city shirt again i think blackburn or someone with a bit of cash will beat us to it. Congratulation to our own Captain America Claudio Reyna and him reaching a 100 caps great achievment whatever country you play for!

jamie_mack said:
Congratulation to our own Captain America Claudio Reyna and him reaching a 100 caps great achievment whatever country you play for!

You bitch! :mrgreen: He was busy spanking Honduras 4-0 last night, but he'll thank you when he has a moment.

ps - get your ass over to the Affairs thread and give us an update, beyoch!

Why not bring the old thread back! looks like were getting Vassel 2.5m cant grumble, 25yr old England Interanational with much needed pace for that price cant be bad! Still think we need a creative midfielder in the centre but with Bartons future in the balance until wednesday we will have to wait and see. Glad to see sicknote Sinclair back and fit and playing!

lmao - its baaaack.

jamie. . whatever happened to the Adultery thread. What happened with that woman?!

Barton in a bar fight? Adultery thread? "That" women?
What the hell is wrong with Man City and its fans?

Boro said:
Hit him on the head!
Hit him on the head!
Hit him on the head with a baseball bat KEEGAN! KEEGAN!
:mrgreen:
An example of a crazy City fan. ;) :lol:

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
"Manchester City completed an awesome double in 1937-38," says Ian Kay. "Not only did they become the only team ever to be relegated with a positive goal difference, they also became the only team ever to be relegated the year after being champions. As if that wasn't enough, they went down after falling five places on the last day of the season - and despite being top scorers in the whole division."
You just gotta love City for that achievement.

jamie_mack said:
Ellis said:
Alex will NEVER be replaced. I mean considering he is imortal why replace him?!

Viva las Fergus!!
here a reason diego forlan!!!! ;)
If only he knew...

Beetlebum said:
jamie_mack said:
Bolton 3-1 Leeds 55mins change the thread title rob! were safe! :D :D
It's hard to see smithy crying...i feel very sorry for him, he'd deserve a great team...
And he got one alright! :mrgreen:

I love this thread. :mrgreen:

Wolmisted said:
Why Joey Barton was expelled of the asian tour?.

He allegedly hit a 15 year old! Although he denies it:-
"There was no fight between me and Richard (Dunne) but there was, however, a verbal exchange with a group of supporters," Barton told the Manchester Evening News.

"I was struck by a supporter, which I reacted badly to, but I stress that I didn't throw a punch at the supporter or Richard.

"I apologise to everyone I have offended, especially to my team-mates, my manager, the staff and all the supporters of my football club.

"I have let everyone down. I regret the incident but it was not the mass brawl that some people have made it out to be."

Barton admits quitting the game crossed his mind in the aftermath of his latest indiscretion, but revealed talks with team-mates led him to reconsider.

"After it first happened I thought about the upset that will cause my family and friends, not to mention all the bad publicity for the club and I was thinking `is it all worth it?'," he continued. "But I went to speak to Dunnie and I also spoke to the captain (Sylvain Distin), as well as other lads like Robbie Fowler and Ben Thatcher. They told me that I had acted irresponsibly but now was the time to show that I can act like a man."

ghazi said:
jamie. . whatever happened to the Adultery thread. What happened with that woman?!

No way do you remember that Ill find the thread and tell you all about it when i get home from work!
normal-smile.gif

RuneEdge said:
Barton in a bar fight? Adultery thread? "That" women?
What the hell is wrong with Man City and its fans?

About sums us up!
smily227.gif

Darius Vassell cannot hide his delight at making the move to Manchester City.
The deal to bring the 25-year-old striker to Eastlands on a four-year contract was completed this morning, and before heading off to start training with his new team-mates, Darius was obviously pleased that everything had been tied up.

"In the last couple of weeks I found out there was a little bit of interest, and I got quite excited and fortunately today I've made a dream come true.

"I thought the time was right for me to make a fresh start and I have always wanted to go to a big club when that time came along, and with City coming in for me there was only one decision for me to make."

Darius played against City as recently as early May, when the Blues came away from Villa Park with a 2-1 victory, and the striker was impressed by what he saw that day.

"They scored against us straight away and I thought 'Oh-oh!'. They had been doing well in the Premiership for a while, and if you look at where they finished and where they could have finished if they had scored the penalty at he end, it was a fantastic achievement. Hopeully we can build on that this season."

As well as being impressed by the City team he faced that day, Darius says that what manager Stuart Pearce has achieved off the pitch was a factor in his decision to make the trip up the M6, after playing for Villa for the whole of his professional career so far.

"I played against him a couple of times, his record speaks for itself. When I found out he was interested in me it was a great confidence booster when I was at a bit of a low, having been injured for a while. I met him a couple of days ago and I really like the ideas that he has got for the team, and I can't wait to be a part of it."

Darius will also see some familiar faces when he arrives at the Carrington training ground, having been in the England set-up alongside the likes of David James, Robbie Fowler and Danny Mills on many occasions, especially the World Cup in 2002. This, he feels, will be a great benefit as he settles in to his new surroundings.

"It's always a great help, I've never been in this situation before and coming to a new club you think about what players you know, or what do you know about the other players.

"I've actually experienced spending a bit of time with these guys in the World Cup, I'm sure they'll look after me. I've already met Robbie, he's a great lad, and I can't wait to come here and start training and start learning."

Welcome aboard Darius and for 2m your more than welcome!

Barton receives club fine

Manchester City have fined Joey Barton eight weeks' wages after finding the midfielder guilty of gross misconduct.
Barton has been hit with the punishment after being sent home from the team's tour of Thailand last week following an incident with an Everton fan.

The 22-year-old was involved in an altercation at the team's hotel while City were playing in the Premier League Asia Trophy.

City boss Stuart Pearce immediately dispatched Barton back to England and there were rumours the player could be sacked.

But City have decided a fine is sufficient punishment for Barton, who has apologised for the unsavoury incident.

"I understand the distress I have caused to everybody concerned and want to apologise for my actions," Barton told the club's official website.

"I am grateful for the support I have received from the club and my friends and family."

The fine of eight weeks' wages includes two weeks carried over from a fine imposed on Barton after an incident at the club's Christmas party last year.

Barton has also been ordered to undertake a programme of rehabilitation, with City confirming the player has accepted his punishment.

Club spokesman Paul Tyrrell said: "Joey has expressed his deep and sincere remorse over the incident and is keen to make amends to this football club and our fans, who expect the highest standard of behaviour from our players. "He has apologised to those involved and has accepted his fine unquestioningly."

jamie_mack said:
Welcome aboard Darius and for 2m your more than welcome!

lol you serious, the guy is bobbins have you seen his record its about 35 goals in 164 games...

that us shite at best.

He's no different to huckerby IMO.

Back
Top Bottom