Manchester City Thread

Beetlebum
We'll be back next year...

Only place your going next year is administration again! you have just lossed 17.5m nice! ;) and if you do go into administration again which is very likely you will also lose 10 points ;)

we're not safe yet, if we lose our next 2 and Leeds win both of theirs 19-0 they stay up!

LOL saw this on the Guardian web page, they have a section called The Knowledge where people ask footy trivia questions:

"Has any team ever gone down with a positive goal difference," asks David Lynch. "And has any team ever been promoted with a negative one?"
The answer is yes and (maybe) no. There are numerous examples of teams going down with a positive goal difference - and, as is usually the case, the biggest hard-luck story of them all comes from Maine Road.

"Manchester City completed an awesome double in 1937-38," says Ian Kay. "Not only did they become the only team ever to be relegated with a positive goal difference, they also became the only team ever to be relegated the year after being champions. As if that wasn't enough, they went down after falling five places on the last day of the season - and despite being top scorers in the whole division."

Quality!! Nothing has changed, same old city.

Looks like you got away with it this year, oh well administration and another relegation battle next year...

Enjoy ya summer Berties!!!

:D same old united fans! when i see or read things like this i just sit back relax and picture this

y.bmp

On a lighter not Van Buyton has now rejoined city and will train with the squad tomorrow he must be after a permenant tansfer! The reserves played boro last night with tiatto making a two footed horror tackle on one of middlesbroughs youngsters a huge scuffle broke out with tiatto and whelan getting sent off for city. The nine men held on to a good draw! ;)

He he,

Whenever I read anti ManU tings, I just lie back and think how much better we are than Man Shity...

Going down next year boyz :mrgreen: back home....

Ellis said:
He he,

Whenever I read anti ManU tings, I just lie back and think how much better we are than Man Shity...

Going down next year boyz :mrgreen: back home....

damm right, no matter what happens or if they beat us occasionally we're forever shitting on them from a great height...

this year is a perfect example as we march on to the FA Cup final, beating them on the way, and with 10 men....

:mrgreen:

Mack, we lost to York City a few seasons ago!!

Does that make them a better team than us? No

Does that make them a better team than you? Yes

Why? Because! ;)

so what have you won again? and wasnt the above score board from a match later than the fa cup tie as i said in your thread you lot are all about the past when we did that and won this. FACT we beat you in our last match 4-1

Yes you did, and all you have to do is look at the title of this thread to know what you class as a succesful season!!

I'll settle for the FA Cup after a below par season :mrgreen:

Ahh the title of da thread!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

He he

jamie_mack said:
so what have you won again? and wasnt the above score board from a match later than the fa cup tie as i said in your thread you lot are all about the past when we did that and won this. FACT we beat you in our last match 4-1

this is why city are the worst of worst...

we are playing in a final as a direct result of beating you (4-2 with 10 men)...

you are in the bottom six as a result of beatiing us...

saying a result this season is history is nothing short of pathetic but I spose you have to justify your existence in some way...

So by all means enjoy the 4-1 result, as you like to highlight its in the past, our Cup Final is very much in the future and we had to beat yous to get there....

I'm a City fan, and I have no problem admitting that Man Utd are a better football team than we are. But when 2 rival clubs are in the same division, and when one is the richest club ever, and the other is an unstable kind of seesaw type team, you are always gonna get "we beat you 4 - 1" or whatever.
I see Man City and Man Utd being closer in next 5 years or so though.

I just can't help but think if Utd went down to the 2nd division like City did, they wouldn't fill the stadium evey week like City did.

I'm sick of Alex Ferguson, being there now. He must be the longest running manager for a particular team in the world. I know City have had more than their fair share, but I think this season tells you it's time for a change. But who would replace Alex?

ok first thing first i have never said city are better than united im just pointing out the last time these two sides played city won 4-1 and im enjoying that fact! as for the cup you havnt won nothing yet!

Alex will NEVER be replaced. I mean considering he is imortal why replace him?!

Viva las Fergus!!

Rob said:
I'm a City fan, and I have no problem admitting that Man Utd are a better football team than we are. But when 2 rival clubs are in the same division, and when one is the richest club ever, and the other is an unstable kind of seesaw type team, you are always gonna get "we beat you 4 - 1" or whatever.
I see Man City and Man Utd being closer in next 5 years or so though.

I just can't help but think if Utd went down to the 2nd division like City did, they wouldn't fill the stadium evey week like City did.

I'm sick of Alex Ferguson, being there now. He must be the longest running manager for a particular team in the world. I know City have had more than their fair share, but I think this season tells you it's time for a change. But who would replace Alex?

Well when we did go to the 2nd div we averaged about 50k a home game according to the stats.

I'm sure you are sick of Fergie being there, in fact I bet everyone is, apart from us he's a living legend and sorry to say he aint going nowhere and theres more Trophies to come!!

jamie_mack said:
here a reason diego forlan!!!! ;)

I'd pay £7.5 million again just to see that ball go through Dudek's legs and D.I.E.G.O slot home!! :mrgreen:

D.I.E.G.O oh oh oh
D.I.E.G.O oh oh oh
HE CAME FROM URUGUAY..
AND MADE THE SCOUSERS CRY!!

Careful of the bickering fellas its going on in both threads now. Less of it and more talk about the individual clubs in the respective threads please. i know its only banter but it always starts out like that. You've managed pretty well lately and you'll earn a gold star if you keep up the good work ;)

Cheers - Boro

jamie_mack said:
and thats why you will never have 7.5m ;)

utd fans making statments like that just make my day :D

I know clutching at straws innit ;)

If I had £7.5 million I think I'd buy Middlesbrough!! Bit overpriced but hey its only a few quid...

Ellis said:
If I had £7.5 million I think I'd buy Middlesbrough!! Bit overpriced but hey its only a few quid...

Dont even think about continuing that joke mate :x

Middlesbrough 2-1 Manchester City ah well good second half performance but couldnt score the goals im just glad the season is nearly over and im sure Boro is happy!, on Friday KK went to see how much money he has to spend in the summer and he has also made remarks on how Bernstein told him last season that we would have money to spend and how kk had players like stam in his sight only to be told he then didnt have any money wtf is all that about? it says one thing bernstein wont be back!

money is KK answer to everything, the board backed him last year and since he's been at city he's had fortunes to spend and what good has it done...

Feck all!!

i do agree with we have done fuck all but all the same ive never seen a side of city with players of the quality of anelka in, saying that last summer he made some bad buys and didnt really spend that much!

jamie_mack said:
i do agree with we have done fuck all but all the same ive never seen a side of city with players of the quality of anelka in, saying that last summer he made some bad buys and didnt really spend that much!

gary owen was doin his nut on century, he doesnt seem impressed with Anelka.

i dont know what it is with some fans and anelka i think he is a quality player where would we be without his goals this season? in a worse position no doubt! im sure he will go in the summer though for one reason im sure he only signed a three year contract in which cas he will be free at the end of the season and i cant see the club letting him go for gratis!

Back
Top Bottom