Votes: 31 36.9%
  • Kaka

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Carragher

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Crespo

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
Polish hero Dudek - now it's his time to lough at you funny "no DUDEK in FCL" guys. Gerrard was the field hero, Jurek the goal hero. His dancing was funny as hell.

DB10 said:
Did you notice the Grobbeler esc moves Dudeck did during the penalties? thought that was well funny :mrgreen:

Carragher told him that he should do what Grobbeler did to unsettle them.

Carragher, gotta be! A really close call because Stevie G played all over the midfield, as well as right back for large parts of the 2nd half and extra time. He was clearly dead on his feet by the final whistle, real commitment.

But Carra gets the nod for me, someone else has already mentioned it but he was carried off with cramp in extra time, only to run back on the pitch and make a last ditch, full-stretch slide tackle to deny Sheva! Unbelievable. Has anyone improved more in one season?

I did not vote...the best player on the pitch was either Kaka (first half) or Gerard (second half). The match winner clearly was Dudek so maybe he should get it, but to be honest (and being GK the previous century) i never saw a worse GK than Dudek in a final...
When he was at Feyenoord i found him one of the best GK's of the world, but now he's a shadow of his former self....

Dudek, because he's normally a match loser so to transform to be a match winnner is a big step up in class...

I think Kaka is man of the match.Espically first half he played very well.

Crespo for me, because its been long since ive seen such a nonchalant and skillfull goal. reminded me of way back when i was a real madrid supporter because for that kind of football; Raul, Mijatovic and Suker were also capable of making such galary-play goals on a high level.

Also, i could never decide between carragher, kaka, dudek and gerard, they where are all outstanding, so i rather give the title towards the maker of the most arrogant goal, i loved it :)

SuperConCon said:
sheva... he basically won the game for liverpool, missing that horrendous goal and then missing the pk... and they wanted to say this player is better than ronaldinho...

You can't just diss Shevvy (who has been consistently amazing and he was injured for pretty much most of this year) just for those. The double save was beyond reasoning and anyone can miss such a crucial penalty. He terrorised our defence yesterday but I can only say it was destiny that got us through.

Edit: The same goes for Ancelotti (sp?) - I can't believe people are contemplating of sacking him. I was shocked reading the papers today...Since his appointment, he's been tremendous.

Last edited:
If the guys thought Ronaldinho was better than Sheva, then they would have voted for him...but they didnt so thats the end of my argument.

I just think Dudek had a bigger influence on the result than anyone else. Plus no one really expected him to be a match winner whereas guys like Kaka, Sheva, Stevie G and Carragher are supposed to be match winners anyway.
All those players were already great but Dudek BECAME a hero that night.

I voted for Dudek for his class saves, and the Grobblaer dance that had me screaming DESTINY at the top of my lungs. His double save on Sheva was amazing.

I wanna give a shout out to the quiet but crucial Hamann, who's presence shored up the middle of the back and allowed alonso and Gerrard to roam like wolves.

Steven Gerrard. . ..the best rightback in the biz!

ghazi said:
I wanna give a shout out to the quiet but crucial Hamann, who's presence shored up the middle of the back and allowed alonso and Gerrard to roam like wolves.

Truesay! The guy was so underated in the morning papers even though it was arguably down to him that the whole game was able to change to our advantage.

It'll be a priority of Rafa to find a suitable replacement for him this summer.

EDIT: Other than the lasp gasp save and his penalty saves for Dudek & the shot-of-the-line block by Traore, I gotta say that their performance was frightening everytime they got near the ball. Dudek was very lucky in two crucial occasions when he made some pretty random errors. Traore, well, bless him - he was really bricking it yesterday! His positioning sense was absolutely terrible

Last edited:
Were Liverpool fans scared when Milan attacked? I honestly felt that after the 3 goals by Liverpool, there was no serious/threatening Reds chances.

Milanista said:
Were Liverpool fans scared when Milan attacked? I honestly felt that after the 3 goals by Liverpool, there was no serious/threatening Reds chances.

Trust me, we were brickin it everytime the ball got near Traore. Don't get me wrong, he's really improved this year and put some good performances but I think the nerves got to him last night.

Dudek will forever remain a legend for his incredible double save & penalties but he was just random during 80% of the game.

Last edited:
rockykabir said:
Trust me, we were brickin it everytime the ball got near Traore. Don't get me wrong, he's really improved this year and put some good performances but I think the nerves got to him last night.

Dudek will forever remain a legend for his incredible double save & penalties but he was just random during 80% of the game.

Tru dat, Rocky. Before the game i told all who wouyld listten that Traore was gonna be our weaklink. I would pick any player on that team to play in his position. The man continues to make mistakes and never seems confident on the ball. Awful passes, poor defensive positioning, and treasonous anitcipation of attacking player movemetns. . the man is a liability. . . of course i loved him on that clearance! lol.

(CAN YOU BELIVE THIS ROCKY???!!!!! ) :applause:

ghazi said:
(CAN YOU BELIVE THIS ROCKY???!!!!! ) :applause:

Bloody 'ell no way!! I woke up today thinking it was all a dream -

First thing, was straight to the local newsagents & I brought all the newspapers - even the random foreign ones I didn't understand! - just to get into my head that we won the European Cup....I thought I'll never see this day.... :cry:

DB10 said:
Did you notice the Grobbeler esc moves Dudeck did during the penalties? thought that was well funny :mrgreen:
you may want to see this post ;)

I also voted for keeper from obvious reasons ;P although Kaka was classy in first half (his passes couldn't be more accurate), Gerard was invicible in first half but excellent in second

Last edited by a moderator:
Dudek with that double save right at the end.

Dudek did a little Grobbelar dance for the cameras when he got off the plane for the trophy parade.
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom