Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Carragher

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Crespo

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
M

mrdjkola

Well, match is over, liverpool is the champion , but i think this great match deserves a poll on who was the man of the match, please pick a player who you think gave his best effort in Istanbul.

Gerrard. He wasnt too solid in the first half, but in the 2nd half he scored the goal and forced his team to wake up. He then lived off a cramp in extra time and played as a defender to face Serginho, which isnt easy considering the fact that hes amongst the fastest in Serie A.

Carragher had a blast in the extra time, what a defense , especially stopping sheva in several occasions

I think Dudek is the man of the match.He saved a lot in critical times.

Gerrad was imense but jamie Carrigher gets my vote(Did you see when he went off for cramp then came back on and straight away had to stretch and clear that pass? Feckin class)!!

Gerrard

His header turned his team heads and heart up. Which led them to victory.

but at the extra time he stopped Sheva amazingly.Everybody saw penalties...

Well, since this is a single vote only, I went with Stevie.

But if this was a two vote poll, then I would have voted for Dudek and Gerrard, because they were trully the men of the match.

Also, Maldini was pretty good too. He raised his team's spirit with the fastest CL Final goal. Give Maldini a hand would ya?

titeo said:
Well, since this is a single vote only, I went with Stevie.

But if this was a two vote poll, then I would have voted for Dudek and Gerrard, because they were trully the men of the match.

Also, Maldini was pretty good too. He raised his team's spirit with the fastest CL Final goal. Give Maldini a hand would ya?

this is a vote for man of the match in this final, not the fastest goal in the CL history

Carragher all over. That man deserves a fucking knighthood. Any kids in the game wanting to be a defender should watch him. Determination, Authority and fucking defensive class.

Diddiiiiiiiiiiii!

ok, unbiased - Gerrard for sure, great performance both in front and at the back.

All heroes... this is the best feeling in the world, what football is about! KINGS OF EUROPE!!!! :d :d :d

Did you notice the Grobbeler esc moves Dudeck did during the penalties? thought that was well funny :mrgreen:

crayon said:
Gerrard but Maldini for overall contribution to football.

Could you be more humble?

C'mon guys. Vote for Dudek. Lets be fair, if it wasnt for him, you wouldnt even have won the match. I know Gerrard, Carragher, etc were great but they all did what is expected of them.

But in my eyes, Dudek is the one that became the real hero with his penalty saves. Everyone gave him stick but now he's going down in the history books of one of the biggest clubs in the world.
I'm really proud of that guy.

A real captain's performance from Gerrard in the 2nd half & ET, after a quiet first one.

bobogol said:
My mom is between stevey G & Carragher

skank!

just kidding obviously, it makes more sense if it was man of the match, rocky

-fb

I voted Dudek as he really stepped up under the pressure towards the end of the game. No one from Liverpool played especially well in the first half, and Dudek was the most impressive in the second half for me, making tremendous game saving blocks.

For Milan I thought no one played better than Kaka. I think Kaka getting marked out of the game in the second half is what stopped Milan's attacking threats.

sheva... he basically won the game for liverpool, missing that horrendous goal and then missing the pk... and they wanted to say this player is better than ronaldinho...

Milanista said:
Dudek overall wasnt too impressive in the 90 minutes imo.

True, but he was impressive in those critical moments when he needed to be -- that Sheva save in the 117th and the PKs.

Back
Top Bottom