1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Man OF The Match ( Liverpool v Milan )

Discussion in 'Football' started by mrdjkola, 25 May 2005.

Man OF the MATCH ... ?

1. Sheva

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. Dudek

25 vote(s)
    29.8%
  3. Gerrard

31 vote(s)
    36.9%
  4. Kaka

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Carragher

19 vote(s)
    22.6%
  6. Crespo

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  1. mrdjkola

mrdjkola Guest

Well, match is over, liverpool is the champion , but i think this great match deserves a poll on who was the man of the match, please pick a player who you think gave his best effort in Istanbul.

2. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Gerrard. He wasnt too solid in the first half, but in the 2nd half he scored the goal and forced his team to wake up. He then lived off a cramp in extra time and played as a defender to face Serginho, which isnt easy considering the fact that hes amongst the fastest in Serie A.

3. Glavisted

Glavisted Guest

Steven Gerrard (Liverpool).

4. mrdjkola

mrdjkola Guest

Carragher had a blast in the extra time, what a defense , especially stopping sheva in several occasions

5. RaistlinFB

RaistlinFB Guest

I think Dudek is the man of the match.He saved a lot in critical times.

6. DB10

DB10 Non-League

25 May 2005
    Gerrad was imense but jamie Carrigher gets my vote(Did you see when he went off for cramp then came back on and straight away had to stretch and clear that pass? Feckin class)!!

7. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Dudek overall wasnt too impressive in the 90 minutes imo.

8. titeo

titeo Pro Evo 2008

3 January 2005
    USA
    Gerrard

His header turned his team heads and heart up. Which led them to victory.

9. RaistlinFB

RaistlinFB Guest

but at the extra time he stopped Sheva amazingly.Everybody saw penalties...

10. juveboy

juveboy Juve con te!

3 January 2003
    Torino
    Juventus
    My man of the match is between stevey G & Carragher

Last edited: 26 May 2005
  11. titeo

titeo Pro Evo 2008

3 January 2005
    USA
    Well, since this is a single vote only, I went with Stevie.

But if this was a two vote poll, then I would have voted for Dudek and Gerrard, because they were trully the men of the match.

Also, Maldini was pretty good too. He raised his team's spirit with the fastest CL Final goal. Give Maldini a hand would ya?

12. RaistlinFB

RaistlinFB Guest

Gerard was also super...

13. mrdjkola

mrdjkola Guest

this is a vote for man of the match in this final, not the fastest goal in the CL history

14. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    Dudek deserves Man Of The Match for his penalty saves alone.

15. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Gerrard but Maldini for overall contribution to football.

16. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003
    Carragher all over. That man deserves a fucking knighthood. Any kids in the game wanting to be a defender should watch him. Determination, Authority and fucking defensive class.

17. Ike

Ike permaninizated

18 March 2003
    Diddiiiiiiiiiiii!

ok, unbiased - Gerrard for sure, great performance both in front and at the back.

18. titeo

titeo Pro Evo 2008

3 January 2005
    USA
    I'm surprised there is only one vote for Dudek.

19. Stasman

Stasman League 2

17 May 2003
    All heroes... this is the best feeling in the world, what football is about! KINGS OF EUROPE!!!! :d :d :d

20. DB10

DB10 Non-League

25 May 2005
    Did you notice the Grobbeler esc moves Dudeck did during the penalties? thought that was well funny :mrgreen:

21. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    Could you be more humble?

C'mon guys. Vote for Dudek. Lets be fair, if it wasnt for him, you wouldnt even have won the match. I know Gerrard, Carragher, etc were great but they all did what is expected of them.

But in my eyes, Dudek is the one that became the real hero with his penalty saves. Everyone gave him stick but now he's going down in the history books of one of the biggest clubs in the world.
    I'm really proud of that guy.

22. Ernestito

Ernestito Q7

1 May 2003
    Berlin
    Besiktas
    hamann and gerrard

23. jonno33

jonno33 Guest

GERRARD!!!!!

24. rockykabir

rockykabir hello

30 March 2003
    London -> New York -> San Francisco
    Liverpool FC
    yikes! I'll take the benefit of the doubt that you meant that as an acronym for man of the match :D

Stevie was certainly immense but I think Didi's introduction was definitely the turning point of the game.

25. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    A real captain's performance from Gerrard in the 2nd half & ET, after a quiet first one.

26. footieBalla

footieBalla Guest

skank!

just kidding obviously, it makes more sense if it was man of the match, rocky

-fb

27. juveboy

juveboy Juve con te!

3 January 2003
    Torino
    Juventus

:lol:

28. EatonTJ

EatonTJ Why Today Doesn't Suck. Staff

11 April 2002
    I voted Dudek as he really stepped up under the pressure towards the end of the game. No one from Liverpool played especially well in the first half, and Dudek was the most impressive in the second half for me, making tremendous game saving blocks.

For Milan I thought no one played better than Kaka. I think Kaka getting marked out of the game in the second half is what stopped Milan's attacking threats.

29. SuperConCon

SuperConCon Guest

sheva... he basically won the game for liverpool, missing that horrendous goal and then missing the pk... and they wanted to say this player is better than ronaldinho...

30. Siroco

Siroco League 2

10 June 2003
    True, but he was impressive in those critical moments when he needed to be -- that Sheva save in the 117th and the PKs.