Major Problems with Demo

DaWolf

League 2
26 August 2006
Germany
VfB Stuttgart
edit: next problem in post II

My PC is a Quad Core with 4 GB and Geforce 8800 gts. And I cant get PES 2009 Demo running the way it should be. Im playing on a 19" Widescreen TFT and here is the problem:

TFT at 60 Hz: Game is smooth but too slow, unplayable
TFT at 75 Hz: Game stutterns despite 60 fps

No problems with other games, just PES.

I have tried every cobination of Resolution, VSync, Frame Skipping, etc. etc. but I cant get rid of the stuttering.

If someones got an idea please tell me what to do because I dont want to buy it on 360 without the possibility to patch the game.

thx

Last edited:
Ok, I have solved my problem with the speed and stuttering just to come across the next one:

When I press a button (Gamepad and keyboard) the player reacts like half a second later. Its just not as fluid as it should be. Kind of like an online lag but more akward. The funny thing is, now I also have the same kind of problem on PES 5 which ran fine before... I dont know what causes this problem, anyone got an idea?

PS: Im playin with a PS2 Converter and I recently bought a new PS Gamepad. But if I disable it or disconnect it, the problem still remains even with the keyboard.

Try going into yor Nvidia control panel and then to manahe 3d settings ,go to the advanced part of that and look for an option called maximum pre-rendered frames,try lowering whatever that is set to ,it apperently can help with input lag,if that dont work im not sure how to help you out im afraid,i have the same setup as you but have the 8800gt and dont have any problems.

also try getting am xbox 360 pad,the ps2 pad is way overated and i also had input lag with it when i tried one (play.com converter).
Imho the 360 pad is second only to the gamecube pad for comfort and placement of buttons/control sticks.

also try getting am xbox 360 pad,the ps2 pad is way overated and i also had input lag with it when i tried one (play.com converter).
Imho the 360 pad is second only to the gamecube pad for comfort and placement of buttons/control sticks.

Hey Daftman, do you have the wireless receiver and wireless 360 controller? Seems to be the best wireless controller solution out there...

No ,but plan on getting one soon for the full game :),offline multiplayer is where the pes series has always shined brightest ,so will need one to trash my doods :)

thx for your tip. i think it had an effect but it didnt solve it completly. its weird that pes 5 now has the problem too, and even the keyboard. any other ideas?

Tested a few settings again and it seems like the input lag is almost gone when im playing with VSync turned off. But then I get a horizontal line while playing. any solutions?

Are you forcing vsync on through the nvidia control panel or in the setting.exe in the game itself?

tested both with the same results.

edit: no actually its a little better when vysnc is switched on via nvidia control panel but still not as smooth as my 360 demo.

Last edited:
I officially give up and buy the 360 Version. Thats kind of frustrating to have a problem that you cant get fixed hmpf

I officially give up and buy the 360 Version. Thats kind of frustrating to have a problem that you cant get fixed hmpf

nooo, don't do this.

sounds like thousands of programms running in the background.
pls post a screen of the running processes in your taskmanager.

also download "spybot search & destroy" --> http://www.safer-networking.org/de/index.html

and let run ist through.
i'm using a 8800gtx with the latest drivers and use a ps2-adapter, too.
another source for stuttering in pes is always the sound card/ driver.
try disabling your soundcard in the system-manager to see if the problem still exists then...
good luck

Back
Top Bottom