Ends: September 7th
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 5-8 GMT & 5-8 PST
Includes GAP & SCEE Beta Community
Objectives: Base game system and level tuning, server load & patch testing

Official Public Beta
Starts: September 17th
Ends: Additional phases of the Beta TBA
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday, 5-8 GMT & 5-8 PST
Includes SCEE lottery winners / Active forum members / Qore annual subscribers (subscribed by 17 September) / select media

Will expand Beta user base starting mid-October, details TBA soon
Objectives: Progression & Shadow War tuning, matchmaking, gameplay, and community feature refinement, server load testing

Re: MAG (Massive Action Game), PS3

MAG BETA CODE GIVEAWAY ON TWITTER! (US Codes so dnt forget to change your location on twitter)

http://twitter.com/SonyPlayStation/statuses/3736767637

Contest Instructions:

* Follow us on Twitter!
* The PlayStation Twitter account will tweet out 4 MAG-related questions throughout the day (9/3/2009). That’s TODAY.
* The first 6 people to @reply the @SonyPlayStation account with the correct answer for each question will win a MAG beta code.
* There will be 6 winners for each question – 24 winners total.
* PlayStation will direct message the codes to the winners by the end of the day.

Some download, this! 300MB to start, then a 33MB patch, then an update of 2661.35MB! :SHOCK:

The 2 gig update has just fucked my ps3. At 40% the console turned off and now I've got a red light of death and my lovefilm disc is stuck inside. What a shitter.

Bloody hell mate!

I thought it was a yellow LOD on PS3's?

That's a hard drive problem right? If you have a spare laptop drive, stick that in just to get the ps3 turning on again and hit the eject button to get your disc out.

I read about that and tried but I can't unscrew the HDD because it's a refurb and whoever had it before me has fucked the screw up. So because of that my ONLY option is to send it to sony and pay £120 for a replacement and they'll fish the disc out and send it back within 6 weeks. Thank god its a lovefilm disc and not a blockbusters.

There must be a way of getting the drive out if the screw is stripped, surely?

I read about that and tried but I can't unscrew the HDD because it's a refurb and whoever had it before me has fucked the screw up. So because of that my ONLY option is to send it to sony and pay £120 for a replacement and they'll fish the disc out and send it back within 6 weeks. Thank god its a lovefilm disc and not a blockbusters.

There must be a way of getting the drive out if the screw is stripped, surely?

Get some pliers to it. We have a security light at the front of our house with screws that can only be opened with a special key, and we have to call an 'engineer' out to get it open. Screw that, get the handy pliers out and with a bit of perseverance it unscrews.

£120? Jesus Christ, daylight robbery there. There's plenty of console repair shops around who'll fix that problem for you and they're generally around £70-80 to repair it and they offer 3-6month warranties. There's this place who deal with people in your location (Widnes, judging by your details on the left) http://www.expressconsolerepairs.co.uk/pages/ps3.html, might be worth giving them a ring as it doesn't sound like a massive fault.

What will you do without your PS3? ;)

Last edited:

jesus, MAG fucked up your ps3 within weeks of fifa 10 coming out!! i would be pissed and probably bin it instead of paying £120!!

i much rather buy a 360 arcade with a 3 year warranty.

I really do suck at FPS games :LOL:

1 kill for me, 12 deaths, I'm shit :(

SMOOOOOTH gameplay, the smoothest online game I've played with no lag whatsoever, seamless.

Kinda hectic, I still hate having to wait to respawn, weapons seem okay, maps are a good size and enjoyable. I'll probably put some hours into this :)

jesus, MAG fucked up your ps3 within weeks of fifa 10 coming out!! i would be pissed and probably bin it instead of paying £120!!

i much rather buy a 360 arcade with a 3 year warranty.

Could always sell it for spare parts and get a PS3 slim jim - but that doesn't solve getting the disc out :(.

God forbid this experience turns him back to a 360 and with MAG (the thread we are in) Uncharted 2 and GT5 coming out, it's a no-brainer :P

Last edited:

It says 5pm-8pm and 12am-3am but I was on it lastt night at someting like 11pm and the servers were up, loads of Americans though so maybe I joined one of their servers? Even if I did, there wasn't any lag at all anyway :)

Might do, got Heroes to watch, plus the Liverpool game. If I see you online, I'll send you a message :TU:

A very, very kind soul offered me their beta code for this earlier today. Felt awful about it but they said they didn't have the time for it (especially since the servers open and close at certain times, bit weird). So thank you my anonymous hero! :)

With FPS games I'm fussy, so I wasn't expecting to like this after the videos I've seen. It looks a bit too "mad" for me, too much going on at once. Well, I've got to say...

I'm absolutely in love with it. And that is VERY RARE for me and an FPS game. This shits all over Killzone 2 as far as I'm concerned, the gameplay just works, there's no frills but it responds to your input and you've got 256 players on at the same time, what's not to love?

I love the gameplay, I love the mission objectives, I love how big the maps are, I love seeing people coming from all angles (ooh-er), I love that they've struck a balance between people dying too quickly and people taking half an hour to die (AKA the Halo method), I love the ranking up and the medals you can get, I love setting up the kit. I just think they've done a really solid job - the graphics are the only let-down. But I could really get into this.

The frame-rate could use a tweak but I'm guessing it's not going to happen, A) with all the videos so far showing a choppy frame-rate and B) because there's so many people in the game at the same time. The graphics aren't up to much and the HUD is very busy - I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing 90% of the time to be honest (nothing new there then). But apart from that I have no complaints.

All I want to know now is how many maps there will be in the final version etc. and then this is a day one purchase for me!

If you registered for the European MAG Beta but haven’t heard word yet, don’t worry, because Shijima, the European SOCOM & MAG Franchise Producer has confirmed that everyone will get access, and probably by mid-afternoon tomorrow. “I can confirm,” he says, “that everyone in all regions who registered but never received their code will be sent one over the course of tomorrow, probably by 2-3pm UK time. Furthermore, in an effort to try and do a Quantum Leap (put right what once went wrong), we will be sending out codes to the remaining 20,000-odd people who registered. So, if you managed to register on the site before the competition closed, I am told that you WILL get your code tomorrow.”

Played it again last night and did much better. My aim is still shit and it feels like I'm shooting everyone loads while they shoot me once or so, but I'm enjoying it a lot :)

Found I preferred running around blowing up buildings and structures for 35xp rather than killing everyone else (or trying to) for only 5xp :)

The size of the maps make it brilliant to play as a sniper as well, but there's enough cover to not make it too easy for a sniper and the assault guys can still run around.

Rad, when was that article? Would it be tomorrow meaning today or tomorrow?

A very, very kind soul offered me their beta code for this earlier today. Felt awful about it but they said they didn't have the time for it (especially since the servers open and close at certain times, bit weird). So thank you my anonymous hero! :)

With FPS games I'm fussy, so I wasn't expecting to like this after the videos I've seen. It looks a bit too "mad" for me, too much going on at once. Well, I've got to say...

I'm absolutely in love with it. And that is VERY RARE for me and an FPS game. This shits all over Killzone 2 as far as I'm concerned, the gameplay just works, there's no frills but it responds to your input and you've got 256 players on at the same time, what's not to love?

I love the gameplay, I love the mission objectives, I love how big the maps are, I love seeing people coming from all angles (ooh-er), I love that they've struck a balance between people dying too quickly and people taking half an hour to die (AKA the Halo method), I love the ranking up and the medals you can get, I love setting up the kit. I just think they've done a really solid job - the graphics are the only let-down. But I could really get into this.

The frame-rate could use a tweak but I'm guessing it's not going to happen, A) with all the videos so far showing a choppy frame-rate and B) because there's so many people in the game at the same time. The graphics aren't up to much and the HUD is very busy - I don't know what I'm supposed to be doing 90% of the time to be honest (nothing new there then). But apart from that I have no complaints.

All I want to know now is how many maps there will be in the final version etc. and then this is a day one purchase for me!

totaly agree:WORSHIP: this is a great game

Still nothing in my inbox about the BETA.

I definitely signed up, as I did it there and then and print screened the confirmation.

Gutted

Got it!!! Downloading now.

:D

EDIT: OK, so I've been downloading for over an hour now and I'm still at 2%. WTF.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom