1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Mafia 3 [PC/PS4/XB1]

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by bsmaff, 19 April 2016.

1. bsmaff

bsmaff Champions League

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Mafia III is an upcoming action-adventure video game developed by Hangar 13 and published by 2K Games, scheduled to be released for Microsoft Windows, OS X, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One on October 7, 2016. It is the third installment in the Mafia series, and the debut title for Hangar 13.

Announced ages ago but now given a release date of 7th October.

Loved the original and Mafia 2 was also pretty good although not on the same level as the original.

There is a pretty good write up on IGN about the game now and a few gameplay videos popping up.

IGN write up:-
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/04/...ver-new-orleans-one-crime-at-a-time?read?read

2. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    It's not by the original devs so shouldn't have the same name IMO. No different from that bastardised Operation Flashpoint the cuntsacks at Codemasters released after they crapped on Bohemia.

3. fd1972uk

fd1972uk ---------------------

9 January 2002
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    I'm looking forward to this, I agree the first was way better than the 2nd, although it was still okay.

Do like a good gangster game.

FD

4. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Trailer impressed me, visuals look really good, hope it wasn't Ubisoft'd.

5. Lami

Lami Niche Football Staff

28 May 2007
    Sydney
    Man Utd, Vecchia Signora
    :LOL: @ title.

6. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
  7. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Nice thanks for that Thomas, saw the trailer and thought it looked very impressive but needed to see some actual gameplay.

8. quiet_riot

quiet_riot Welcome To Manchester

21 January 2007
    Manchester
    MCFC
    Intrigued, but looks like just another GTA clone

9. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    Why's that a bad thing? Sleeping Dogs was a GTA clone, it was a brilliant game, The Saboteur was a GTA clone, it was a brilliant game, Red Dead Redemption was a GTA clone, it was a brilliant game...

10. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
  11. cosmo

cosmo Non-League

15 September 2015
    ARG, NL
    around 40 trackers blocked on that link
    ign, more business than gaming related

12. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    The IGN one? Well you can download the video itself from the mega link I posted :)

13. quiet_riot

21 January 2007
    Manchester
    MCFC
    Because occasionally, I want something different than an open world go-here-do-that and in between do what you want game.

14. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    There's loads of those! In fact there are far more games that aren't GTA clones than there are that are, by a distance :)

15. elfie

elfie Championship

10 November 2003
    Holland
    Ajax
    Loooks very good. Like the city, the cars. Don't mind more games like this at all. Music is really nice too, fits the era exactly.

Now if only Rockstar made Dead Red Redemption 2......

16. Ozkar

Ozkar Championship

16 August 2005
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Arsenal FC
    Sami 1999 likes this.
  17. Marching On Together

Marching On Together Non-League

1 October 2012
    Rotherham
    Leeds United
    This was a game I really wanted to pick up on release, however with the review copies not being dispatched before release, I am going to sit tight and wait for feedback.

Anyone on here taken the plunge? Care to share your initial thoughts?

18. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
  19. bsmaff

bsmaff Champions League

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    Key arrived for me yesterday will certainly give it a go at some point this weekend.

So the PC version is a very very lazy port then.

UPDATE 3:-
    We currently have a patch running here at the studio that includes 30, 60, and unlimited frames-per-second options in the video menu, among other improvements for the PC version of Mafia III. We’re verifying the patch now to ensure everything is working as expected. If everything goes well, we expect the update to go live this weekend. We will be keeping the PC community up-to-date on the status of the patch throughout the weekend and thank you for all the feedback!

20. elfie

elfie Championship

10 November 2003
    Holland
    Ajax
    It's on my to buy list. Have been reading some very very early reviews. A lot of them are saying that the gameplay is very repetitive. Setting and atmosphere is great, driving is good, shooting is good, music is great.
    But most say that they feel gameplay will become boring soon.

Not my opinion mind you, but I will be reading some more reviews before buying it. If more of them are like above then I will wait till the game is on sale.

21. bsmaff

bsmaff Champions League

11 August 2003
    Welwyn Garden
    Exeter City
    PC Gamers are stating the game runs very badly and graphically looks like a PS2/PS3 game, which is probably extreme.

I wonder if they do a Batman Arkham Knight and pull the game for being really poor and un-optimised on PC, as seems everyone is asking for refunds on Steam.

22. quiet_riot

21 January 2007
    Manchester
    MCFC
    My wife has bought it for me - arrived today, will report back tomorrow.

23. TroyDeeneyScoredAPenal!

TroyDeeneyScoredAPenal! League 1

16 September 2016
    Watford
    Watford
    This looks really good!

As for GTA Clones I have generally liked games like Sleeping Dogs and Saints Row (although later games got more ridiculous).

24. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Dunno know what to think of it at the moment looks nice but viewing distance is bout five feet. Also the rear view mirror view is also terrible, you can only see the road and cars. Dont think it can cope with the building's.

25. quiet_riot

21 January 2007
    Manchester
    MCFC
    First impressions:

Massively average. Very very poor man's GTA. Graphics pretty poor, flat textures, crap damage models to vehicles. Draw distance shite, can see stuff popping up in front of you.
    Story decent idea, characters bland.

EDIT: Soundtrack best part.

26. Ozkar

Ozkar Championship

16 August 2005
    Sweden, Stockholm
    Arsenal FC
    Returned my Steam copy day one. Playing it on PS4 now and enjoying it so far. But yeah, graphics are a bit of a let down.

27. Final Pass

Final Pass League 1

23 August 2016
    I want this but will wait on reviews.

28. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
  29. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    Another one added to the "it'll probably be playable on PS4 Pro but avoid it until then" list...

30. quiet_riot

21 January 2007
    Manchester
    MCFC
    Mirrors in this game are comedy gold.