LOST (***SEASON 2 Spoilers Thread***)

yeah baggs, i spotted thay symbol on the shark too - caught it in the corner of my eye and had to rewind. i never noticed it anywhere else though...

also, this is obviously a boob - when sawyer and michael wake up in the morning, you can see a boat bobbing on the horizon behind sawyer!

also, milanista - can you explain what you mean by your last post?

I thought this episode was a bit rubbish, too much filler. Like the Michael flashbacks, we already knew most of what happened there. The scenes with Michael and Sawyer on the ocean weren't so great either. I hope episode 3 will be better.

highline- what i wrote is what i saw on another lost forum. People had said that they heard another whisper which was boone's right before walt says anything..... they said it might be the 'island sickness' that Desmond mentions.

FFS we still dont find out about Desmond and Jack, and why hes there. Does anyone know what Desmond asked Locke right after he said he was the one?

And btw was kinda sad - the flashbacks.

He said: "What did one snowman say to the other?"

Obviously whoever "he" is was supposed to know the answer to that. Some say "he" could be Walt, because it's a children's joke.

Did anyone notice what Michael gave Walt in the last flashback. it was a white polar teddy bear. very interesting. also that symbol on the shark and all over the place in the hatch has 'Dharma' written on it. dharma is a eastern religious term meaning something along the lines of living as one with nature. or something like that. from the previews it seems like then ext episode will uncover alot of stuff while also seeing the debuts of the new girl and the jungle guy.

Liked the way they put last night ep together, although i still cant believe we dont know more about Desmond and what he does ect.

I didnt see the symbol on the shark until i read the posts in here, i dont think they are exact matches but obviously belong to the same company that Desmond works for "DHARMA".

Now i hope im right in saying that Desmond is waiting for his relief which may never arrive, as i remember Danille saying she changed the message being broadcast "the numbers" to her rescue message.. Was the original message being broadcast for his replacemnt...? and thats why hes been down there so long...?

After all that we still dont really know anything more than we did last week!

jamie_mack said:
Now i hope im right in saying that Desmond is waiting for his relief which may never arrive, as i remember Danille saying she changed the message being broadcast "the numbers" to her rescue message.. Was the original message being broadcast for his replacemnt...? and thats why hes been down there so long...?

She changed that message way before Desmond arrived there. Desmond met Jack in 1997 so he can't have been there nearly is long as Danielle.

But I agree, he must be waiting for his relief.

How do you no jack met him in 1997? i assumed it was the late eighties early ninties from the hair cuts ect! and i dont remember any exact dates being give away in any of Jacks flashbacks...?

Last edited:
I saw it on another forum, I thought some date must have been mentioned in season 1, like the date of Sara's accident.

It makes sense if you look at Jack's age. He is at most about 40. From the time you start pre med, it will take you at least 12 years to become a surgeon. So even if Jack had just become a surgeon when he was operating on Sara (and met Desmond at the same time) he was at least 30 years old. So if you look at his current age on the island, it can't have been that long since he first met Desmond.

rockykabir said:
I had a sort-of mullet in 1997 (so did quite a few other people actually..:))

Must of been a London thing all Oasis and Blur hair cuts up here then! ;)

Anyhow after looking into it, its possible to become a surgeon in the US by the time you are 31. Channel 4 says Jack is 41/42 depending on the date of th crash itself so he could of met desomnd anytime from 1993...?

Although that itself leads us to another 100 questions, How the new washing machine ect? But if he was in there for a short time why didnt he take a cd player or other new things? I hope all ir revealed this week!

Milanista said:
The Appolo chocolate bars that Kate steals dont exist anymore, their production was stopped back in the mid 90's.

lol - while kate was eating it, i was thinking about how 'off' it must have been!

btw, did anyone else spot the boat on the horizon? play it back if you didn't because i'm pretty sure there is one there...

you're right vr6, just noticed the boat on the top left corner of the screen. had to re-play it twice to catch it as it's barely noticable but obviously a boob from the show's part.

Well now we know that the island is/was one large experimental and testing zone. i have a feeling the "others" where employees of this Dharma company and somehow contracted the sickness. i have a feeling that this security system is an experiment gone wrong.

i think i know how the plane crashed now. it went off course and as soon as it flew over the island it got pulled in by it's weird magnetisim. notice how jack's key gets pulled into the wall in the hatch. locke's compass never works the way its supposed to. also the orientation film says something about magnetism experiments on the island.

I dont know what the deal is with Desmond if he doesnt have a major role to play with the island his part and the flash backs were a complete waste of time.
It might have well just have ben anybody down there but their must be a link apart from the numbers to all these people

Did anyone elses sound in the third episode go totally out of sync with the picture?

Ah well. Another great episode. They explained alot of things, which has made me happy. I hate being kept in the dark!

EDIT:

Apparently there are versions of it with the sound out of sync with the picture floating about, so be careful which one you acquire

Last edited:
Baggs i hope your theory is wrong, or else I'll be very disappointed. But that doesnt explain why the numbers were cursed or why Walt was captured with powers. The whole dharma thing imo kinda ruined the episode... i didnt really enjoy this episode.

munkee said:
WTF jin can Speak English :D

Yeah what was that all about?! with no accent or anything as well(!). I always had this feeling that he understood what was going on - but it doesn't explain why in times of desperation he didn't blurt it out? oh well..

I'm just finding the people too cryptic now - why don't they answer the f@%$ing question already! But I get the feeling this episode is the stop gap between last week and next week's episode. But it was kinda anticlimatic when Locke was talking about the shifts *yawn*

RE: The theory about the plane crash - it may well probably be the reason for the crash but it'll be difficult to explain the way they survived, the curse of the numbers, wanting Walt etc... I guess we'll find out

embraceuk1 said:
Terms and conditions take you to walt disney site and the pic of the guy standing was in the episode too

Notice how they made the terms link green to blend into the BG, making it hard to see. Disney = ABC.

if you use xbmc , the moment locke is at his fathers house , Set audio delay to -0.2s and it fixs it to practically unnoticable.

Does anyone actually like jack? I think the mans a complete tw@t :/

Back
Top Bottom