LOST (***SEASON 2 Spoilers Thread***)

You sure thats what he says?

"Where's the one, they couldn't spare?" is what i could make out of that.

Awesome first ep. Is that irish bloke one of the new additions to the cast for this season? i know there is supposed to be a man and that woman who jack meets in the airport before the flight, added to the cast.

Irish? I thought he was Scottish. But then the accents have never been Lost's strong point. :)

Great episode to start just picked it up brillianly, I take it the "button" is the execute one down the hatch....? Does it control the monster/Security system..?

The Scottish guy Desmond seems to be the big thing, notice everything was 70s stuff but yet he met him in the 80s (Jacks Mullet) how long has he been there?

The numbers came up again, they were the numbers that Desmond put into the keyboard and were on the vile he injected himslf with...

Oh and did anyone notice that the woman he saved is his future wife, and the guy who died Rutherford is Shannon Rutherford father...? And the quarantine sign was on the inside of the hatch meaning your safe in the hatch..? This show just gets better im totally hooked!

jamie_mack said:
Great episode to start just picked it up brillianly, I take it the "button" is the execute one down the hatch....? Does it control the monster/Security system..?

The Scottish guy Desmond seems to be the big thing, notice everything was 70s stuff but yet he met him in the 80s (Jacks Mullet) how long has he been there?

The numbers came up again, they were the numbers that Desmond put into the keyboard and were on the vile he injected himslf with...

Oh and did anyone notice that the woman he saved is his future wife, and the guy who died Rutherford is Shannon Rutherford father...? And the quarantine sign was on the inside of the hatch meaning your safe in the hatch..? This show just gets better im totally hooked!

Damn, your good at this Jamie. I didn't get half of that stuff!

There were a million tiny details in that first episode:

--The mural in the hatch -- you saw 108 written on the wall. The cursed numbers add up to 108.
(Tibetan monks believe there are 108 sins; there are 108 beads on prayer beads.
--There was a drawing of an eye followed by "m sick" -- I am sick.
-- the "steroid" vials contain the numbers
-- Desmond inputs the numbers in the computer
-- Rutherford's death is at 8:15
-- stationary bike is at 16
--We don't see Kate in the hatch but she's heard yelling "Jack! Jack!" in the background as he explores the hatch/geodome (confirmed by closed captioning)
-- Jack's flashback -- you see 15 on one seat and he hurts ankle on row 23
-- Jack asks Sara's fiance when they're to be married -- he answers 8 months
-- Desmond makes blends his shake -- 16 ounces
--Kate lowered into hatch, counting - stops at 4
-- Walt's comic book from season 1 contains what looks like a geodome - the hatch

That's just scratching the surface.

There are Lost-aholics out there that are analysing the episode frame by frame like it was some sacred artifact containing all the truths of the cosmos.

Siroco said:
=(Tibetan monks believe there are 108 sins; there are 108 beads on prayer beads.QUOTE]

Tibetan monks :lol: where did you get that from? I watched it twice but theres no way id no that!

jamie_mack said:
Siroco said:
=(Tibetan monks believe there are 108 sins; there are 108 beads on prayer beads.QUOTE]

Tibetan monks :lol: where did you get that from? I watched it twice but theres no way id no that!

Hey man, I majored in Tibetan studies at the University of Mongolia ;) -- lol, just quoting all the insanity behind all the numbers people are finding.

I also purposely didn't mention all the theories surrounding the John "Desmond" Bernal book where he writes about a biodome in space, called the "Island" where scientific corporations conduct experiments outside of normal civilization.

In otherwords, the producers gotta be loving all this shit.

Did anyone see the released comic book that Walt had? The comic was about these scientists living in a top secret base for 50 years. And they were researching an Alien who burried his spaceship deep into earth (ie the hatch?). Then the Alien made a transmission call using Hurley's numbers.

I'll post a link when i find it again.

I read somewhere though that the creator of the show defenitiely ruled out aliens as part of the story in the lost convention a few months ago. he was replying to people's theories which he heard himself. one of that being similar to what u just wrote milanista.

i've got a theory about Desmond. remember when boone died, him and locke found a plane. in it they found drugs hidden in virgin mary figurines. they where disguised as priests. now what if desmond was on that plane.

what if desmond is a spiritual healer? think about it...in the flashback he goes on about miracles when jack tell him how he couldnt fix sarah. desmond also then tells jack to "lift it up". lift it up is a term used when the a spiritual healer puts his hands on someone's head and pushes the person into the arms of otehr people behind the person being healed. then the others "lift" the person up. also if u notice there is a virgin mary statue in the hatch. desmond also stats he was goining be a doctor. most spiritual healers i know of use the term doctor. maybe he was goign on a trip around the world healing people.

Last edited:
The fact that he takes drugs and is in a 'quarantine' might make him more of a doctor. he said he was almost a doctor, so maybe hes a special scientist instead.... ffs gotta wait a week.

Milanista said:
The fact that he takes drugs and is in a 'quarantine' might make him more of a doctor. he said he was almost a doctor, so maybe hes a special scientist instead.... ffs gotta wait a week.

But that the thing the "Quarantine" sign was on the inside of the hatch meaning he wasnt in quarantine but the island was....

Im with you all on the shows length if the writers planned it to go on for say 3 seasons, i hope they stick to it and dont try and hammer it for money!

Did anyone notice that there were bunk beds in the hatch...this could mean that at some point in time desmond might have been sharing hatch with someone else.

yeh u're probably right. the creator said that the guys on the raft wount find their way back on the island til around ep8. i think they will be going back and forth between the raft and hatch until then.

That song is spooking in my head.AHH!

it was a brilliant episode.the whole story line and everything is perfectly construced, very very good atmosphere.

i love lost.

Well, we're not gonna find out about any of this hatch stuff tomorrow because, like Milanista predicted, the episode is about the raft and an underwater predator.

Here are two mind-blowing secrets revealed:

1. The mystery of Walt's backward speech has finally been unraveled, however. A group of audio engineers from three seperate laboratories around the world analysed the speech, and all three came to the same conclusion. Walt said: "George Bush hates black people." Man, we were really off on that one, eh?

2. Can someone who has the first show recorded confirm this: When Kate is being lowered down into the hatch, does she ask for a "safe-word"? You all realize the connotations here? Mouth-watering.

Apparently before Walt appeared and whispiered, Boone says something like "I got you crying, Shannon". Its been on several forums now..... island sickness?

Re: LOST (***Spoilers Thread***)

proxi said:
1st spoiler - and i'm only posting it here because some twat shouted it at me after i said i didnt want to know any spoilers!

There's incest ahoy apparently.

The blonde lass (not the one whos pregnant) and her brother....

Errrrrrr.....dosen't Boone die in Season 1 when he falls with the plane???
I have seen them all (including Season 2 Episode 1), have a missed something...soz if im being a n00b

Another amazing episode. I loved the way it seemed like a semi re-run of episode 1 in some parts but from a different person's perspective.

As usual some new questions have been raised. like that old clock and having to input the numbers to get it back to 108? i'm also surprised that the raft guys made it back to shore already. i was expecting the creators to drag it on for a couple more eps. also did anyone notice the symbol that keeps popping on in various locations in the hatch, was on the shark that attacked michael and sawyer!

roll on next wednesday!

Back
Top Bottom