LOST (C4/E4 Episodes - Season 2 Only)

Re: LOST (C4/E4 Episodes - Season 1 Only)

fd1972uk said:
:mrgreen: hehe.........not just me, DB thought so too. So I blame him. :mrgreen:

FD
I old enough and ugly enough to hold my hand up for that one! whoops sorry chaps.great episode last nite (wed) - I initially thought Sayid had pumped Ethan full of lead.db

I wasn't too sure myself, think my first thought was of Sawyer. Looking forward to Wednesday for more action..........and Kate........hehe.FD

Think that's 16 down, so guess there's around 9 episodes left of the 1st series. Not much has really been given, so guess the last 4 or 5 episodes are when some things may come to light.

So who's up next for a storyline. I'll go for the guy with the fluffy hair, has to be now. :mrgreen:

FD

Is being "lost" some sort of "afterlife judgement" or something. All the characters have a predominantly shady past and a story to tell. Being "on the island" is making them confront their pasts. Out of place polar bears, voices in the jungle (could this be a notion of temptation in the wilderness perhaps?) is not of this earth. And how about the French woman who's been there all this time and hasn't moved on. Is she in some sort of afterlife limbo?

Hmmmm... :-k

That's my thinking too, it's simply impossible that they all survived the crash without serious injury (they're all more or less fine!). Me thinks they're already dead.

Well personally I think your both talking out your arse!

:mrgreen: Nah, could be. Jesus, no need to go all Sherlock on us. :mrgreen: ;)

FD

Bit of a "sixth sense" perhaps. None of the actual survivng passengers have actually died yet, have they? Or have i missed someone? Charlie miraculously came back to life after his hanging. Just makes me wonder.

Well there was that women who drowned, the marshall, the bloke in ep1 who got sucked into the engine and scott/steve :)

The thing is though chaps, Ethan wasn't on board the plane at all was he?

db

Possibly mate, like Hurley said he knows how it'll end, him & charlie being chased throuigh the jungle!

i feel a bit sorry for the big guy, he's had to wait ages for his backstory

db

Yeah, just wonder what his dark side is, as seems everyone has one there.

Probably something like bullying or something at school and exacts some revenge or maybe just eats them. :mrgreen:

FD

Professor Nutmeg said:
Is being "lost" some sort of "afterlife judgement" or something. All the characters have a predominantly shady past and a story to tell. Being "on the island" is making them confront their pasts. Out of place polar bears, voices in the jungle (could this be a notion of temptation in the wilderness perhaps?) is not of this earth. And how about the French woman who's been there all this time and hasn't moved on. Is she in some sort of afterlife limbo?

Hmmmm... :-k

You can't apply human values to animals, how could an animal "sin"?

Perhaps you misunderstood me. I wasn't implying animals as sinners. If you're referring to the polar bears, when i said they're being "out of place" as not of this earth, it was to suggest the island and it's environment/ambience is not of this earth. ie an alternative space/dimension. It's the humans who have the past (sin) and they're in this foreign land. Hope that clears it up. :)

The afterlife idea intrigues me, or at least the in limbo judgement bit. Could be a very good explanation to the whole thing... however im wondering how it ties in with the australian dude telling Claire she has to be on that flight (or whatever he said to her).

Are we 16 episodes in already? Christ! The story telling side of it is great, my only complaint so far is not much has actually happened in terms of majorly moving the story on (bar Ethan).

Anyhow - love it so far!

Intellectually challenged said:
The afterlife idea intrigues me, or at least the in limbo judgement bit. Could be a very good explanation to the whole thing... however im wondering how it ties in with the australian dude telling Claire she has to be on that flight (or whatever he said to her).

Well, the psychic forsore the plane crash. This way, if they are indeed dead and in an afterlife, the baby won't be born and brought up my anyone. Remember the psychic was adamant that only she had to bring up the child and nobody else. For some reason that was very important.

Maybe that's what he saw in his vision, because he saw her baby with whoever is on the Island.

Still think there's something bizarre about how she just appeared.

It's quite fun, watching other programmes and seeing some of the lost characters, was watching Spiderman 2 last night and noticed the Japanese bloke in it, he was some sort of scientist that was checking the controls at Dr Octopuss's demo. :mrgreen:

FD

omg just wait till u guys get to Season 2 :D even better then the first :)

Season 1 was amazing tho and i agree on the already dead thing :)

Professor Nutmeg said:
Well, the psychic forsore the plane crash. This way, if they are indeed dead and in an afterlife, the baby won't be born and brought up my anyone. Remember the psychic was adamant that only she had to bring up the child and nobody else. For some reason that was very important.

Hmmm true, hadnt thought of that. Definatly a front runner of a suggestion anyway, i havent heard many other viable ones!

Professor Nutmeg said:
Perhaps you misunderstood me. I wasn't implying animals as sinners. If you're referring to the polar bears, when i said they're being "out of place" as not of this earth, it was to suggest the island and it's environment/ambience is not of this earth. ie an alternative space/dimension. It's the humans who have the past (sin) and they're in this foreign land. Hope that clears it up. :)

Clear as mud! ;)

cracking episode tonight chaps. The relationship between Sun & Jin is far more complex than i'd imagined and he seems to be a far more honourable man than I had thought after his 1st flashback.

Locke's briefiest of appearances stole the show once again.

db

:mrgreen: LOL............prof. you ain't letting this go.

As you said, maybe it is something like that as you say, with all of them having the chance to start a new life, not sure about the sin thing, as Locke, the Japanese girl (maybe lieing about her English, seems a bit strong), Jack, the pregnant girl, don't know anything about the big guy yet? Michael. There aren't any sinners there.

There's also the subject of the other people.

FD

DB - I ain't actually saw that ad. I did remember a friend say something about an ad for Lost with them dancing and I was wondering what he was slabbering about, so guess this is it.

As you said, it does kinda give you an insight into stuff, although one thing that is kinda taking me away from Prof's thoughts as it finished with the pregnant girl sitting by the engine. Would this mean that it was her or more probably her baby's doing (or the reason anyway) that it has went down.

FD

Hi FD,

thats a good observation mate, i'm sure there must be more to that flashback with the psychic.

I like the way Locke & Walt are sort of the conductors/puppet masters controlling the others in the ad.

db

Well Locke knows way to much and the boy never loses in that game thing and remember that bird dying, so both are gifted in ways.

FD

Hi Fd,

i read on a forum that someone was looking at the back of the Lost DVD and it shows Locke, Sayid, Sawyer, Walt & Boone all facing the camera whilst the others are looking away from it - intriguing no ?!?

db

I think they throw things like that in just to throw you, what I want to know is how does Locke know exactly what to say to people to solve thier problems?

He's done it to a lot of the people so far.

The whole afterlife thing is a bit far fetched for me, there are people there who , so far, haven't done anything wrong.

Jin's wife, Walt, Michael (unless I missed something) and I'm sure there are others.

Back
Top Bottom