L'oreal & PES5 - Going on line - because it's worth it?

Is she worth it?!

• Total voters
So I get's the cable from whence to put in the back????

:roll:

(yes I am THAT dumb)

Stringer Bell said:
Sorry forgot to say you need a Ethernet cable to plug from your Modem to the PS2.

Is that a regular cable available from all good Matlans??? :D

The Original Spikester said:
Depends on whether you mean http://www.matalan.co.uk/ or http://www.maplin.co.uk ;)

One shop is very useful and can provide the necessary cable but the other is not as good at providing hardware peripherals ;)

But don't get the first ethernet cable you see. It's got to be a certain type that sends signal both ways or something like that?

you actually need a broadband modem that can take an ethernet connection (most are usb now) or failing that you need a router.

make sure when you get the cable its not a crossover ethernet

The Original Spikester said:

If you have a router modem you need a straight ethernet cable, just plugs straight into your router/modem and the other end in your ps2. If you're using ICS (internet connection sharing) where you have a usb modem. You'll need to plug the cable into your NIC (network card) at the back of your pc usually. But for this option you'll need a crossover ethernet cable. But depending on how far your pc and ps2 are you may need a very long cable. Luckily they are quite cheap though ;)

oh yeah forgot about the ICS option.

so do you have any idea how you would want yours setup? we can give you advice then and tell ya what you need.

Zygalski said:
Depends on whether you mean http://www.matalan.co.uk/ or http://www.maplin.co.uk ;)

One shop is very useful and can provide the necessary cable but the other is not as good at providing hardware peripherals ;)

But don't get the first ethernet cable you see. It's got to be a certain type that sends signal both ways or something like that?

Okay thanks for that!

Holiday camps eh? Reminds me.... Must get the burd to dress up as Gladis Pew and play my xylaphone tonight ;)

mattster12 said:
If you have a router modem you need a straight ethernet cable, just plugs straight into your router/modem and the other end in your ps2. If you're using ICS (internet connection sharing) where you have a usb modem. You'll need to plug the cable into your NIC (network card) at the back of your pc usually. But for this option you'll need a crossover ethernet cable. But depending on how far your pc and ps2 are you may need a very long cable. Luckily they are quite cheap though ;)

ARGH! Techno babble, me most confused now :(

I have a crappy PC at home - been too lazy to set up, so should I use that? Not going to use my lodger's, as he's a prize nob and he'll cane my phone bill, besides he's leaving at the end of the month - HURRAH!

I used to play on xbox live. Can I just take the cable that went into the back of the xbox and plug it into the PS2 network adaptor?

Yep cos thats what I did, mine's just a straight ethernet cable going from my router to my ps2. ;)

@Spikester - Well your gonna need a pc with a network card, then you can either plug your router/modem into that and then connect your ps2 to the router. Or you'll need to plug a crossover cable into it and set up ICS with your usb modem ;)

mattster12 said:
@Spikester - Well your gonna need a pc with a network card, then you can either plug your router/modem into that and then connect your ps2 to the router. Or you'll need to plug a crossover cable into it and set up ICS with your usb modem ;)

Right so does that mean 13.576863? :(

Or set up me PC and run it through that? Hmmm, time to call my mates who work in IT :)

Well your gonna have to run it through your pc so yeh set that up and make sure it has a network card. Then either buy a router/modem and a straight ethernet cable. Or a use the ICS option with the usb modem that your isp usually supplies you with.

mattster12 said:
Well your gonna have to run it through your pc so yeh set that up and make sure it has a network card. Then either buy a router/modem and a straight ethernet cable. Or a use the ICS option with the usb modem that your isp usually supplies you with.

Cheers Wobbley Picture Dude (me like, are they yours?). Mate said he'd help me out, he also said that I'd kiss good bye to my social life :cool:

HURRAH \\:o/

I've finally got a phone line, now all I need to do is remember my number and get broadband and I'm there, not bad for me only 5 months to get my finger out ;)

I bet I can't get Spikester as a nickname though :(

Professor Nutmeg said:
I personally can't be arsed to go online. If i did, i imagine i'd be greeted by multitudes of kids with their running Ronaldinhos, no doubt.

Totally agree buddy!

Clockender said:
I have played about 40 games, with only 1 so bad it was unplayable (well he did have a red connection and I was desperate for a match!).

Thicky Alert - but where do you find this information about red and green connections before a game? I haven't played for a while because the last 2 opponents I played had dreadful connections. Put me right off!

I've voted No, simply because I thought if all you were going to do was play PES then it wouldn't be worth it (eg. The cult of Ronaldinho).

I do think online is worth doing for lot's of other games though.

Couldn't wait to get online, got online and found nobody would challenge me or accept my challenge. The few times I get someone to play are great, apart from the cheats who pause the game for three hours to force you to quit. What is wrong with the world?

My dad had a go (he's 60, he can hardly see the buttons for fuck's sake) and the guy he was playing had his selector on Empoli. My dad was on Chelsea, waiting for him to continue, before realising he wanted to play with two crap teams as opposed to two brilliant teams (which is GREAT, EXACTLY what we prefer!!). So he changed to Bolton. As soon as he changed to Bolton, the other fella chose Real Madrid and pressed go in about half a second.

What is the point? I didn't realise there were so many c*nts in the world until I tried playing this online.

If they can find a way to stop cheating in PES6 (and somewhere where you can get REGULAR games as opposed to two a week) then I'd be over the moon. Until then though, it's too depressing to "play".

Back
Top Bottom