Looking for some advice on recording PES 2009 footage

bonusbertie

Non-League
10 December 2006
One of my biggest pleasures in life was recording goals/highlight etc in Pro Evo and editing them together.

It was pretty straightforward with Fraps, hit F9 and away you go.

Then came PES 2008 and I had problems. When I hit F9 nothing would happen for about 2 mins, then the footage would start recoding as normal. Hitting F9 to stop recording would have similar delay issues. Pretty useless when trying to record goals!

Anyway, PES 2008 was meh, so it wasn't any big drama.

BUT - PES 2009 is here, and I've got that lovin' feeling back. I'm desperate to start recoding again. However, I am still getting the exact same issues (with the delay on recording with Fraps.)

I play on 1920 x 1080. Fraps say this should be fine.

I've downloaded several versions of Fraps. Ones that say you can record in higher resolutions. No difference. I'm on version 2.9.4 now.

I've dropped the res to even 1024 x 768, Still the same.

I've changed settings in the FPS section (where you can choose to record at say 29 fps.) That has no positive effect either.

I'm using a DVI to HDMI cable onto a 43" plasma. Can't see why that would be an issue?

Other games work perfectly fine with no delay - why only Pro Evo 2008 and 2009?

I'd really appreciate a bit of handholding here. I wouldn't say I'm an expert but I know my way around a PC and this has gotten me completely stumped.

There's a gazillion goals and highlights videos out there. And I want to be one of them! I used to pride myself in having high quality pro evo videos with good resolutions and smooth video capture.

Can someone advise me how to capture my former glories?

Thanks

HT

8800 GTS 716MB
1GB PC2300
4400+ X2

Thanks mate, I'll try this and let you know how I get on.

I'd still like some help with FRAPS if possible though..

Cheers:))

Hi mate, i have version 2.9.5 and work fine with both game.
I use 1920x1200 too.
Try to change record button from f9 to tab. F9 is already in use, i think. :))

Thanks buddy, I'll try this and come back to you.:))

Tried the TAB button matey. Still the same 1 or 2 min delay between hitting the damn thing and the recording starting.

I'm on 2.9.4 though, so I'll go and "purchase" the latest one:COP:

Try in windowed mode, worked for me...
v2.9.4 build 7037

Progress! It works in Windowed mode!

Next problem. Windowed mode reduces me to recording in 1024 x 768 (16.9) as to do any higher (my normal resolution) means the window is much too big for my screen.

Do you have a workaround for that?

But I really appreciate the progress mate!:APPLAUD:

Back
Top Bottom