Look what an essex girl did to my car

jonneymendoza

Legend
1 January 2004
Arsenal
Happened yesterday. Some stupid girl who was in a rush crashed into me while i was approaching a bloody round about. Great stuff. Woman was clueless. She said she could see my break light :FAIL: :LMAO:

fucking stupid bitch ruined my fucking day. My first ever accident as well :(

Did you ask her out?
my wife was with me:LOL:

im a married man matey ;) I've got her details if you wanna give her a call though or wish to pop round her house if you want ;)

Anyways, the bumper is fucked and my boot wont shut properly meaning any one can open it and hop inside if they want but the car is still drivable.

Seeing as you were at a roundabout what does her not seeing your break lights have to do with the accident?

I take it she's part of the 'roundabouts mean I have right of way over everyone else' gang?

Seeing as you were at a roundabout what does her not seeing your break lights have to do with the accident?

I take it she's part of the 'roundabouts mean I have right of way over everyone else' gang?
exactly, plus this roundabout was in a tesco extra car park :LOL: single lane sort of thing:FAIL:

Tis a scratch! A flesh wound!

I've had a few prangs, here's my top 2...

1) Around 1992, I had just driven the 45 minute journey to work and was waiting to turn right into the carpark. As I pulled up, another car was waiting to come out of the carpark, so I stopped and flashed him out.

Stupid twat didnt even look and just pulled out. Coming the other way was a car full of blokes off on holiday - doing about 50mph in a 30. They had to swerve to miss the car coming out the car park and that put them head on into me... :( Total write off - I was smashed back into the van behind me.

The twat coming out the car park drove off in his BMW and I dont know if anyone caught up with him. I got breathalised of course and cautioned for dangerous driving! :LOL: a charge later dropped of course...

2) Feb 2005, my nice new shiny 207. Driving to work again (no wonder I work from home now!) roads were really slippy, so I was doing under 30mph. On an industrial estate minding my own business, coming towards me, a petrol lorry. He decides that he wont wait and turns right to another road, right across my path. Even going slow, I had no choice but to slam on the brakes, no chance of stopping and I slid head first into the side of the lorry.

Went partially under him... and write off again. Luckily the unit opposite has their CCTV pointing out to the road, so it was all captured in full glory! I've still got the footage somewhere - I'll dig it out if I can find it.

So JM, dont worry about it - nobody got hurt and it should be covered by your insurance. Pain in the ass, but thats the risk of driving my friend!

1) Around 1992, I had just driven the 45 minute journey to work and was waiting to turn right into the carpark. As I pulled up, another car was waiting to come out of the carpark, so I stopped and flashed him out.

Stupid twat didnt even look and just pulled out. Coming the other way was a car full of blokes off on holiday - doing about 50mph in a 30. They had to swerve to miss the car coming out the car park and that put them head on into me... :( Total write off - I was smashed back into the van behind me.

The twat coming out the car park drove off in his BMW and I dont know if anyone caught up with him. I got breathalised of course and cautioned for dangerous driving! :LOL: a charge later dropped of course...
!

Why would you be charged...?

2) Feb 2005, my nice new shiny 207. Driving to work again (no wonder I work from home now!) roads were really slippy, so I was doing under 30mph. On an industrial estate minding my own business, coming towards me, a petrol lorry. He decides that he wont wait and turns right to another road, right across my path. Even going slow, I had no choice but to slam on the brakes, no chance of stopping and I slid head first into the side of the lorry.

Went partially under him... and write off again. Luckily the unit opposite has their CCTV pointing out to the road, so it was all captured in full glory! I've still got the footage somewhere - I'll dig it out if I can find it.

So JM, dont worry about it - nobody got hurt and it should be covered by your insurance. Pain in the ass, but thats the risk of driving my friend!
did you get injured? got a compensation for any injuries you had?

Why would you be charged...?

No idea! I got a letter from the CPS saying I was being charged for 'Dangerous Driving' even though I was stationary. I guess it was because I flashed the guy out the side road - something I havent done since! But like I said, it was ridiculous and rightly dropped before it went anywhere.

did you get injured? got a compensation for any injuries you had?

For the first one I get a fair chunk of compensation I think - around £3000 - and I had a few days off work. Funnily it didnt hurt the first day, but when I woke up the second day I could barely move, just everything ached and it just (literally) made me laugh all day and it hurt so much! :LOL:

The second time I didnt persue any compensation - which I should have to be fair, but couldnt be arsed (the first time, my ex-wife did all the chasing of solicitors etc).

I had one where I was on the M25/A2 roundabout and I was in lane 1 and this lorry was in lane 2, (it's a 3 lane roundabout). All of a sudden the lorry just pulls over right into my drivers door! I was like whoah, wtf! I couldn't swerve over because there was just a brick wall there, so just sounded the horn and then he stopped. It was a Renault Clio, and I think it had to have a whole new door and back panel. It was clearly his fault and insurance paid everything.

update: i have arranged them to pick up my car to get sent here http://www.ryestreetgroup.co.uk/index.asp?id=78&query=6 and i also asked what the current status is of my claim and said all is well and that the woman has admitted that she was at fault.

Does this effect my no claim bonus? am i still on a clean slate on my record? im worried that now i have a record of this, if ever i renew or get another car insurance, i would have to pay ridiculous amounts because of this?

Whats going to happen to her? is she going to pay for my repair with her own money? will she get points put on her licence?

update: i have arranged them to pick up my car to get sent here http://www.ryestreetgroup.co.uk/index.asp?id=78&query=6 and i also asked what the current status is of my claim and said all is well and that the woman has admitted that she was at fault.

Does this effect my no claim bonus? am i still on a clean slate on my record? im worried that now i have a record of this, if ever i renew or get another car insurance, i would have to pay ridiculous amounts because of this?

Whats going to happen to her? is she going to pay for my repair with her own money? will she get points put on her licence?

her insurance should pay for it? but not sure about the points?

I think it does effect your no claims, but not sure to what extent?

I really don't know why I am answering your questions as I have never had a crash *touches wood* So don't listen to me......someone else answer Jonney :DD

Your no claims will not be affected as it was her fault...
Your bump will be logged on insurance records but will not affect you, anyway my mate wrote off two cars in less than 8 months and his insurance went up £300 only. Yours wont go up...

If she has insurance and goes through that nothing will happen, you only get points if the police are involved and/or you are charged... ;)
It may not feel like it but this is a minor ding Jonney they happen a 1000 times a day, it's why you have insurance...

Last edited:
cool thanks nick. im just all new to this man and was worried stiff over it :S i was on the phone to the insurer yesterday for over an hour! i even had to call up my parents for advice has i didn't have a clue on how to deal with this.

all I know is that you have to take the persons details and call up the insurer, that's it. don't know how the claims work etc. I think they should really incorporate the basic common knowledge on how to deal with claims and its possible outcomes on the theory test of driving.

ahh well, at least i have experience in it though. what have i learned in terms of the actual incident? it doesn't matter how well you drive, you can still be involved in an accident

No probs jonney I've had a couple of dings in my time, a guy on the wrong side of the road rounding a bend even an idiot that reversed into me in the middle of a busy city centre with me blowing my horn and flashing my lights at him.

As you said you can take all the precautions you can and drive to the letter of the law and still get hit, with so many drivers on our roads now it's almost inevitable...

Yeah claim off her insurance as it was her fault. It's always the person behind that should be paying attention to the person in front. Even if you slammed your breaks on and she hit into the back of you it's still her fault as she should have allowed enough distance between you and her.

Get as much as you can out of her the stupid bint. Tip: NEVER offer your details first....

Even if it's your fault ;)

Last edited:
Yeah claim off her insurance as it was her fault. It's always the person behind that should be paying attention to the person in front. Even if you slammed your breaks on and she hit into the back of you it's still her fault as she should have allowed enough distance between you and her.

Get as much as you can out of her the stupid bint. Tip: NEVER offer your details first....

Even if it's your fault ;)

i diddnt give her my details lol but i think my wife did though. Those youtube vids are hilarous :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom