1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Look what an essex girl did to my car

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by jonneymendoza, 27 April 2009.

1. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    Happened yesterday. Some stupid girl who was in a rush crashed into me while i was approaching a bloody round about. Great stuff. Woman was clueless. She said she could see my break light :FAIL: :LMAO:

fucking stupid bitch ruined my fucking day. My first ever accident as well :(

[​IMG]

2. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    I take it that should be couldn't Jonney...

Roundabouts are the worst for shunts,is it just bumper damage...

3. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    Did you ask her out?

4. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    Tell me more, Tell me more.....

....was it love at first sight?!.....

5. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    my wife was with me:LOL:

im a married man matey ;) I've got her details if you wanna give her a call though or wish to pop round her house if you want ;)

Anyways, the bumper is fucked and my boot wont shut properly meaning any one can open it and hop inside if they want but the car is still drivable.

6. Radiation

Radiation Golden Boot Winner

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    Seeing as you were at a roundabout what does her not seeing your break lights have to do with the accident?

I take it she's part of the 'roundabouts mean I have right of way over everyone else' gang?

7. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    exactly, plus this roundabout was in a tesco extra car park :LOL: single lane sort of thing:FAIL:

8. pboreham

pboreham Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    Tis a scratch! A flesh wound!

I've had a few prangs, here's my top 2...

1) Around 1992, I had just driven the 45 minute journey to work and was waiting to turn right into the carpark. As I pulled up, another car was waiting to come out of the carpark, so I stopped and flashed him out.

Stupid twat didnt even look and just pulled out. Coming the other way was a car full of blokes off on holiday - doing about 50mph in a 30. They had to swerve to miss the car coming out the car park and that put them head on into me... :( Total write off - I was smashed back into the van behind me.

The twat coming out the car park drove off in his BMW and I dont know if anyone caught up with him. I got breathalised of course and cautioned for dangerous driving! :LOL: a charge later dropped of course...

2) Feb 2005, my nice new shiny 207. Driving to work again (no wonder I work from home now!) roads were really slippy, so I was doing under 30mph. On an industrial estate minding my own business, coming towards me, a petrol lorry. He decides that he wont wait and turns right to another road, right across my path. Even going slow, I had no choice but to slam on the brakes, no chance of stopping and I slid head first into the side of the lorry.

Went partially under him... and write off again. Luckily the unit opposite has their CCTV pointing out to the road, so it was all captured in full glory! I've still got the footage somewhere - I'll dig it out if I can find it.

So JM, dont worry about it - nobody got hurt and it should be covered by your insurance. Pain in the ass, but thats the risk of driving my friend!

9. Nick Cave

10 July 2004
    Wrexham AFC
    Why would you be charged...?

10. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    did you get injured? got a compensation for any injuries you had?

11. pboreham

pboreham Kick. Snare. Hat. Ride.

5 August 2002
    C*lchester
    Southend Utd
    No idea! I got a letter from the CPS saying I was being charged for 'Dangerous Driving' even though I was stationary. I guess it was because I flashed the guy out the side road - something I havent done since! But like I said, it was ridiculous and rightly dropped before it went anywhere.

For the first one I get a fair chunk of compensation I think - around £3000 - and I had a few days off work. Funnily it didnt hurt the first day, but when I woke up the second day I could barely move, just everything ached and it just (literally) made me laugh all day and it hurt so much! :LOL:

The second time I didnt persue any compensation - which I should have to be fair, but couldnt be arsed (the first time, my ex-wife did all the chasing of solicitors etc).

12. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    I had one where I was on the M25/A2 roundabout and I was in lane 1 and this lorry was in lane 2, (it's a 3 lane roundabout). All of a sudden the lorry just pulls over right into my drivers door! I was like whoah, wtf! I couldn't swerve over because there was just a brick wall there, so just sounded the horn and then he stopped. It was a Renault Clio, and I think it had to have a whole new door and back panel. It was clearly his fault and insurance paid everything.

13. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    update: i have arranged them to pick up my car to get sent here http://www.ryestreetgroup.co.uk/index.asp?id=78&query=6 and i also asked what the current status is of my claim and said all is well and that the woman has admitted that she was at fault.

Does this effect my no claim bonus? am i still on a clean slate on my record? im worried that now i have a record of this, if ever i renew or get another car insurance, i would have to pay ridiculous amounts because of this?

Whats going to happen to her? is she going to pay for my repair with her own money? will she get points put on her licence?

14. BobbyBox

BobbyBox WING NUT!

10 October 2003
    Arsenal
    her insurance should pay for it? but not sure about the points?

I think it does effect your no claims, but not sure to what extent?

I really don't know why I am answering your questions as I have never had a crash *touches wood* So don't listen to me......someone else answer Jonney :DD

15. Nick Cave

10 July 2004
    Wrexham AFC
    Your no claims will not be affected as it was her fault...
    Your bump will be logged on insurance records but will not affect you, anyway my mate wrote off two cars in less than 8 months and his insurance went up £300 only. Yours wont go up...

If she has insurance and goes through that nothing will happen, you only get points if the police are involved and/or you are charged... ;)
    It may not feel like it but this is a minor ding Jonney they happen a 1000 times a day, it's why you have insurance...

Last edited: 27 April 2009
  16. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    cool thanks nick. im just all new to this man and was worried stiff over it :S i was on the phone to the insurer yesterday for over an hour! i even had to call up my parents for advice has i didn't have a clue on how to deal with this.

all I know is that you have to take the persons details and call up the insurer, that's it. don't know how the claims work etc. I think they should really incorporate the basic common knowledge on how to deal with claims and its possible outcomes on the theory test of driving.

ahh well, at least i have experience in it though. what have i learned in terms of the actual incident? it doesn't matter how well you drive, you can still be involved in an accident

17. Nick Cave

10 July 2004
    Wrexham AFC
    No probs jonney I've had a couple of dings in my time, a guy on the wrong side of the road rounding a bend even an idiot that reversed into me in the middle of a busy city centre with me blowing my horn and flashing my lights at him.

As you said you can take all the precautions you can and drive to the letter of the law and still get hit, with so many drivers on our roads now it's almost inevitable...

18. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Joka.

19. jaygrim

jaygrim TheAllSeeingEye

26 July 2005
    Everywhere.
    Man Utd
    Jonney i would smash into you if i see you driving one of those cars.

20. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    haha. what car do you drive?

21. Radiation

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
  22. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    :LMAO:

23. Rob92

Rob92 Guest

Here's another video:
    YouTube - Women Drivers Compilation (

I don't drive yet, but when i'm out and see somebody do something stupid while driving then I think to myself "It must be a woman driver" and most of the time it's right :LOL:.

24. mjsmith2k

mjsmith2k Come on you Reds!

5 November 2005
    Nottingham
    Forest, Bulls, Patriots
    Yeah claim off her insurance as it was her fault. It's always the person behind that should be paying attention to the person in front. Even if you slammed your breaks on and she hit into the back of you it's still her fault as she should have allowed enough distance between you and her.

Get as much as you can out of her the stupid bint. Tip: NEVER offer your details first....

Even if it's your fault ;)

25. mjsmith2k

mjsmith2k Come on you Reds!

5 November 2005
    Nottingham
    Forest, Bulls, Patriots
    Brilliant vid Rob! I love how that guy went and parked the car for her.

26. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    i diddnt give her my details lol but i think my wife did though. Those youtube vids are hilarous :LOL:

27. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    here in my state, regardless of what happens, if your hit from behind, ITS ALWAYS the person who hits you at fault....

28. marukomu

marukomu Ecchi otoko

26 November 2005
    Okayama, Japan
    Man Utd, Stockport County
    Why would someone want to get inside your boot?

29. Radiation

6 February 2006
    Widnes
    Newcastle United
    So they can climb over the seats and steal the car?

30. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    i think marukomu was joking. at least i hope he was :LOL: