Living abroad for a year

lo zio, you haven't confirmed my theory that in the north of italy people drive completely against the rules, while in the south it's much worse... ;)

I admire Italy, but my experience driving by Sicily and south Italy 20 years ago was nightmarish. At least the first 24 hours. Later on I decided to do like the natives and ignore traffic lights and do whatever I wished and things got easier quickly. :COAT:

lol yeah, driving in italy takes some time getting used to. the thing is, when it comes to driving, us italians (and southern italians especially) consider laws as "mild suggestions". :P
they say italians don't have many professional racing drivers because we already have "enough fun" on the streets of our cities.
on the bright side, driving in italy does wonders for your reflexes!!!

besides, i gotta tell u it's also quite difficult for us to adapt to other countries, when it comes to driving. u can't possibly imagine how many tickets for reckless driving i got during my time in spain.
however (to my huge disappointment) italy is slowly becoming more "civilized", when it comes to driving. today i even have to wear a helmet when i ride my bike... what has the world come to!!?! :P

Last edited:
This is a very interesting thread to read - some of the locations seem wonderful! :)

Unfortunately I don't have any constructive suggestions or enough experience of different places to recommend one. I have been on holiday to many parts of Europe but I know that living somewhere is very different to spending 2-4 weeks there.

Not sure if it's your type of thing, but within a couple of hours of Barcelona is a theme park called PortAventura which I'd probably rate as the best theme park I've been to.

so, any update on your plan buddy? did u already decide where to "set up camp"?
anywyay, whatever u decide, since i just came back from a 2 days bachelor party trip in prague, let me repitch the suggestion i gave u months ago.
do not leave europe without spending a couple of days (and nights) in prague (possibly without your girl). trust me, u won't regret it.... praga is one of the most beautiful cities in europe by day, and one of the wildest by night.:DD

Last edited:
Prague its just crazy , my friends bro live there and we been on there for a weekend , its so crazy , night life its just amazing . you right Ben , Prague isn't a place you go with girl/wife a lot of sexy chicks on there and a lot of stuff happen during nights out :LOL:

its almost same as going to Romania or Bullgaria just Prague its more wild ;)

After the og Hostel movie I prefer to stay far away from hot Eastern European girls.

Americans :RANT::RANT:

and this crapy movies , My friend (on Atlanta GA , he's Albanian from Kosovo) dated an American girl , they both like each other , girl was so hot and had really great day , had so much fun , they both like each other , telling her how albanians welcome americans and are thankful for what they have done and bla bla bla , went to a movie and guess what , it was movie TAKEN , Albanian kidanping girls and selling them , drugs and a lot of shit stuff ,
after than night she never answer phone or never call back :LMAO:

I date one girl we went to watch movie TAKEN 2 (8 October 2012) , but I told her story before and told her about movie so we didnt have problems haha

she's coming to see me on august 11 here on Kosovo and she'll be flying by Slovenia and she'll be sleeping there on a hotel for a night and I'm telling her that movie Hostel was made on Slovenia (since she dont know much about western europe) and also telling her that I'm gonna sell her when she came here :TWIST:

After the og Hostel movie I prefer to stay far away from hot Eastern European girls.

lol. those who make movies in US have no clue about Eastern Europe. I don´t consider Prague eastern europe at all tbh. And if i could chainge my soroundings, i wouldn´t chainge with them for a second. Only bad thing here is people don´t have a lot of jobs. But i wouldn´t want to live anywhere else and i mean it. Maybe go out for holiday, but i have been in UK and other places and i wouldn´t want to live there.

Back
Top Bottom