Live - one half fine / next half laggy ??

Jert

Non-League
6 September 2003
Australia
Hi,

I recently purchased a copy of PES5 to play on "Live" with my xbox 360.
I have only played a few games so far but I have noticed a pattern emerging in relation to game quality... Basically one half of the game I am able to completely control my players wihout any lag or delay in commands... Then the half time whistle blows and during the next half my players become laggy and I cant control anything they do, as there is an approximate 2 second delay in commands. This appears to be in the reverse for my opponent. Eg, when I have lag my opponent is lag free - when my opponent is lag free then I have lag...

Is this the norm??? Is this the only way to play?? I am noticing a trend that simply follows the rule of who can score the most goals during there lag free half of football. And it sucks dog balls.

Any feedback appreciated.

That's how it works on PES5 online.
On PES4, it was one match hosted by one player so the other player had lag for the whole thing!

I hear the lag is much less on the PC version. I have stopped playing online if that's any use to you ;)

tell me about it, had that last night, laggy in first half , this dude was making the most of my laggy probably, but come second half i would kill them :lmao: this problem need to be fixed cos its annoying at times as i have to rely on a 0-0 first half and then hopefully win it in 2nd half

Jert said:
Hi,

I recently purchased a copy of PES5 to play on "Live" with my xbox 360.
I have only played a few games so far but I have noticed a pattern emerging in relation to game quality... Basically one half of the game I am able to completely control my players wihout any lag or delay in commands... Then the half time whistle blows and during the next half my players become laggy and I cant control anything they do, as there is an approximate 2 second delay in commands. This appears to be in the reverse for my opponent. Eg, when I have lag my opponent is lag free - when my opponent is lag free then I have lag...

Is this the norm??? Is this the only way to play?? I am noticing a trend that simply follows the rule of who can score the most goals during there lag free half of football. And it sucks dog balls.

Any feedback appreciated.

Well, that is it for me with this online sh*t. I can't believe how patetic it is. The online component is killing the game. The sad part is that this version has momentum built-in, so while you try your best to defend the first half, they can easily score 2 goals, and then 2nd half is just a pain to get back into the game. IT SUCKS. I was on a quest to be in the top 10 on the live, but now this is it. Who the hell did their live interface anyways, why would you want to ruin this game like that...

joez said:
Well, that is it for me with this online sh*t. I can't believe how patetic it is. The online component is killing the game. The sad part is that this version has momentum built-in, so while you try your best to defend the first half, they can easily score 2 goals, and then 2nd half is just a pain to get back into the game. IT SUCKS. I was on a quest to be in the top 10 on the live, but now this is it. Who the hell did their live interface anyways, why would you want to ruin this game like that...

I dunno if you tried playing pes4 online that was shocking. PES5 has improved quite considerably, and im glad they now allow both to host the game after each half. One way of getting around laggy games would be to make friends with those that have bad connections. So that you'll know you will always get a decent game. I believe my connection is fine, so if you fancy a game on live just add me. My live name = Thread name.

Back
Top Bottom