lbpboxartbigger.jpg

Trailer

YouTube - LittleBigPlanet 2 Announcement Trailer

Screenshots and scans
http://www.play3-live.com/news-ps3-lbp-2-affolle-les-paparazzis-20427.html
http://www.littlebigland.com/lbp-2-scans-are-here/

Last edited:
Re: Little Big Planet 2 (PS3)

Not just fun for kids, I love the first game and this looks incredible!

Interesting. Let's see what's there. Retro-compatibility was a must, so it's great it's there.

wow! this will be amazing! can´t wait for it! :D

Sounds absolutely fantastic!

Looks amazing.

I tried a few times to make a meaningful level in LBP but it just felt like a daunting task, this looks a lot more accessible.

Alex Evans - "dnt make levels, make games"

Amazing

" As examples, the game 100% encourages the player to create game types and wants you to make a shooter, a racer, puzzle games, Space Invaders clones, even RPGs"

I bought the first one which still to me is groundbreaking, this one looks even better.. Not just for kids but everyone one really amazing game! Cant wait! :)

Sony will invite gamers into a LittleBigPlanet 2 beta this week, allowing them to play the PS3-exclusive ahead of its release "for a few weeks".

Invites will be sent to those "who've been really active in LittleBigPlanet," beta coordinator LiquidRunner wrote in the official European PlayStation forum.

"So if you have been a busy Sackboy or girl then an invite might be coming your way. This decision has now been made; unfortunately we are not able to recruit any further Beta Testers at present."

Probably best you keep an eye on your inbox, then.

LittleBigPlanet 2 is scheduled for release in the UK on 12th November.

Only played a few user created levels and 1 in game level.

The pre made level
The jump pads and grappling hooks are used a lot. and you can tell that the ideas they use in this level will be repeated a LOT by users. Jumping up on a jump pad, shooting your grappling hook and then being hit in the side with a jump pad that's attached to a moving wall is great. You get bounced and sent swinging like tarzan around the map. I kept dying at one point because I couldn't make a jump and kept being zapped to death so when 'retry' came up I just quit.

The few user created maps I've tried were good. Though so far there aren't many that use all of the new features. Maps that do have new bits though...

1 - Sixaxis motion control
I think the map was called red ball or something and basically you tilt your pad to move the ball around the level. Nothing special but it's nice.

2. Tank commander.
It's a fake top down view. The game is still side on but it's been drawn out so it looks like you're viewing it from above. you drive your tank around the map shooting at other tanks, tower defences and moving around the obstacles. It's good fun but the tank drives way too slow. would be great fun if you could play it 4 way competitive with the last man alive winning.

3. Little Big Micro Machines
Basically another fake top down view and its a micro machines style top down racer game.

4. Explosion test map
FOOKING AWESOME looking explosions that rocked the screen, sent out smoke and fire and caused the level to fall apart. It's not really a level... just a great looking explosion.

5. Tetris Rave
Pointless map which is a disco.rave scene... it has tetris style shaped hung from the ceiling and has NPC characters walking around left to right.

The rest I checked out were LBP1 style maps that people have just copied over using their lbp1 save files. Like music shit where you sit on a moving platform and scroll to the right. Nothing new.

Sony will invite gamers into a LittleBigPlanet 2 beta this week, allowing them to play the PS3-exclusive ahead of its release "for a few weeks".

Invites will be sent to those "who've been really active in LittleBigPlanet," beta coordinator LiquidRunner wrote in the official European PlayStation forum.

"So if you have been a busy Sackboy or girl then an invite might be coming your way. This decision has now been made; unfortunately we are not able to recruit any further Beta Testers at present."

Probably best you keep an eye on your inbox, then.

LittleBigPlanet 2 is scheduled for release in the UK on 12th November.

I've just realized I got my beta code and I hardly played this thing....

Ugggh. More of this dreck.

Again, I applaud the creativity and effort... but as far as looking like a game I would enjoy, it does not.

With my VG playing time being more limited, this game looks like a waste of time. LBP 1 was a total bust for me, just like XNA. Complete mediocrity.

I have it to play coop with my wife. She adores it and I have a lovely time with her playing it. But nothing else out of that.

Media Molecule’s confirmed that it has delayed LittleBigPlanet 2 from it’s original November release to January 2011.

The developer said it had “agreed to allow ourselves a bit more time to deliver the experience that our great fans and community deserve,” adding it was “truly sorry.”

SCEE’s told VG247 this morning that the delay is “disappointing,” but that it’s “key” to replicate the quality MM achieved with the original LBP.

“It is obviously disappointing that LBP2 will not be available until January, but as one of the most innovative and fun franchises ever seen on PlayStation platforms, we believe that it is key that the quality of the game lives up to the reputation established by Media Molecule with the multi mullion selling, award winning original,” a Sony rep told us.

“LBP2 is an incredibly ambitious and exciting game and we have no doubt that it will raise the bar even further when it launches in January.”

The news after Sony gave VG247 a no comment yesterday on the rumour of the game being delayed, following a report from French site PS3Gen.

The DIY title was originally due to launch in the US on November 16, with no UK date announced before today’s delay.

The game, which this time allows you to develop your own games, is currently in a closed beta.

The full statement from the LBP website from Media Molcule is below.

“LittleBigPlanet 2 is a crazy dream, a dream to allow players to make whatever kind of game they want, but also to play though a great adventure of drama and excitement, power-ups, and cinematics. But like all of the most ambitious ideas, it can be a considerable challenge to turn these dreams in fun games. We’ve all been working like powered-up space ninjas and we’re almost there, but because we love what we’ve made, and we love our little sack-friends, and most of all we love all our fans out there, we couldn’t let you all get together until we knew we were giving you the best experience imaginable. Which is why we’ve taken the hard decision to delay the worldwide release of LittleBigPlanet 2, originally slated for later this year to January 2011.

“We know this will come as disappointing news for all you LittleBigPlanet fans, and believe us, we are disappointed too. We are a tight-knit team and we take enormous pride in our work, so to raise the bar we’ve set with the original LittleBigPlanet, a game that has been so embraced by all, we’ve agreed to allow ourselves a bit more time to deliver the experience that our great fans and community deserve. We are truly sorry, but hope you understand that we have to build the best possible game, as it is the foundation of our community.
On the upside, we are going to find a way to give more of you a taste of LBP2 prior to launch, so stay tuned.
Thanks for your continued love and support, it won’t be long – we promise.
Lots of love from all at Mm.”

One less game to buy in Q4, that's fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom