Ligue 1

Re: Ligue 1 Orange & French Clubs "Official New Thread" 2005/2006

Fred to Lyon is great! almost all of the brazilians in Lyon has done well! I hope they can go as far as last year in the champions league.

inter_211 said:
Looking forward to see Fred play, they say he's more like Adriano ? or what i heard is wrong ?
No he's not.
He's Fred! Different from Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldinho or Ronaldo.

I gave good desceription of what he is on my thread a few pages back. I'll try to look for the post.

For one thing Fred is very good with weaker foot as well while Adriano is very much one-footed.

Today Lyon vs Monaco
I beleive gonna be a great match !

inter_211 said:
Today Lyon vs Monaco
I beleive gonna be a great match !

Lyon make a turnover (Because CL vs Real Madrid, i hope see Fred tonight :)

Lyon : 2 (Fred 6', 50')
Monaco : 1 (Gigliotti 79')

Fred start !! 2 goals
Great game by Juninho and Ben Arfa too ! :applause:

ThomasGOAL said:
i hope see Fred tonight :)
You got a good look at him yet?? ;)

Yeah i loved it. Didn't watch first 30 mins or so and missed Fred's debut goal under 5 mins ;) but all I've said about him so far in my thread and stats given to him seem to be spot on and he confirms it everytime I see him play.

He seemed to be enjoying himself as well on the bench and getting along great with not just other BRazilians of Lyon but everybody. It's great to see Fred in there now and just one more reason Ligue 1 is my fav league now for past 2 years after EPL.

Tomorrow Bordeaux vs. Lens!! Bring it on!!!!!! 8)

Watched France Foot and it's a good review of the weekend Ligue 1 football matches, obviously i don't underatand what they are saying but the fooball does the talking.

I also stay up and watch the latest match of the day on Channel 4...good result for Marseille....nice to hear Oruma will be playing for the Nigerian national team again.

Normal victory ! :roll:

LYON : 3 (Carew 21', Juninho 26', Wiltord 31')
REAL MADRID : 0

Amazing FreeKick by JUNINHO AGAIN !!! 35 metres !!!!
And Incredible game by Cris and Coupet !

Hehe last night I told people, that Lyon will beat Real by at least 3 goals and it comes true and also makes me some money ;) i'm so happy.

To me Lyon is indeed stronger than Madrid and way more balanced all over the pitch in terms of good players and not just good attacking ones. Even in temrs of depth, Lyon has capable playes on bench and I'd say so far the money spent has been greatly used ;). Lyon is much stronger than last year even because money they get from Essien has been rightly used in getting few classy players from different positions and making sure the team has enough quality/depth to go through tough CL and Ligue 1 rounds along with other competitions like French cup.

Long live Lyon and keep makin me $$$ guys! :mrgreen:

The little French team lose at the 92'

BENFICA : 1 (Miccoli 92')
LILLE : 0

Very poor game by the both teams, Lille lose so many action in attack but Benfica play all game with the ball possesion so normal.
But Tony Silva the Lille GK is real great !

Last edited:

ThomasGOAL said:
The little French team lose at the 92'

BENFICA : 1 (Miccoli 92')

Very poor game by the both teams, Lille lose so many action in attack but Benfica play all game with the ball possesion so normal.
But Tony Silva the Lille GK is real great !

Ahahahah, did you seen the game? I think no...

If wasn't Sylva, Lille propably would be crushed by Miccoli, but in 2nd Half you've reason the game was crap and Benfica deserves the vitory.

1st place in CL. 8)

Pelintra said:
Ahahahah, did you seen the game? I think no...

If wasn't Sylva, Lille propably would be crushed by Miccoli, but in 2nd Half you've reason the game was crap and Benfica deserves the vitory.

1st place in CL. 8)

LOL so why you says i don't see the game ? you says like me :lmao:

err... only the 2nd half... D'oh

Tonight's Results
Week 7
Bordeaux 1 - 1 Lyon
Smicer (7')
Wiltord (64')

Le Mans 2 - 1 FC Sochaux
Hautcoeur (30')
De Melo (69') Superb Overhead Goal :king:
Ilan (62')

Lille 4 - 0 Nice
Makoun (5')
Acimovic (76')
Odemwingie (79')
Gygax (82')

FC Nantes 2 - 0 Toulouse
Diallo (17' , 32')

A.S Nancy 1 - 1 Metz
Andre Luiz (1')
Renouard (74')

Tomorrow's fixtures
Auxerre - Ajaccio
Marseille - Troyes
A.S Monaco - Rennes
Strasbourg - Lens
Saint-Etienne - Paris S.G.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Les Verts in action tomorrow against PSG in what will be defintely an exciting and intimidating atmosphere as always.

And a great match it was as I suspected with a predictable outcome.

Les Verts celebrate a 3-0 victory over the Parisians in a match which they dominated in posession, good scoring chances and great football and performance from each individual player around.

It's great to see St. Etienne back among the elites and hopefully this year they can do what Rennes or hopefully what Lille did last year though to be honest challenging for the title is a bit beyond them but with this fanbase and a little bit of ambition from chairman, they've got the base for a great team that can fight for Europe already and next or season after that if they continue to keep their best players and improve the squad in other areas they can be challenging for the title.

They have good players everywhere really with Piquionne and Feindounu and Sable really their star ones for me but they have very hard-working effective players in other parts of first eleven as well in David Hellebuyck and central partnership of Vincent Hognon and Zaoumana Camara.

Of course it doesn't hurt to have a great goalkeeper behind them as well in the ever so popular Jeremy Janot ;).

St. Etienne have not conceded at Stade Geoffroy Guichard for 25 hours now or since last November.

All in all I've said they have a good chance for a fight in Europe because they've got descent squad only player that in my opinion isn't AS great as other parts of the first eleven is the right back spot which currently Fousseni Diawara operates in. He's nothing special but everywhere else they've got players of descent skill or hardworking and effective.

Didier Deschamps quits Monaco :roll:

Didier Deschamps has quit as coach of Monaco.

The Principality outfit slumped to a 2-0 home defeat to Rennes on Sunday and that proved to be the last straw for the former France international.

Deschamps has been at loggerheads with Monaco president Michel Pastor in recent weeks and their relationship finally came to an end on Sunday evening.

Pastor accepted Deschamps's offer of resignation and now the search is on for a new Stade Louis II coach.

The news of Deschamps's departure brings to an end one of the most successful eras in Monaco's history.

Most notably Deschamps guided Monaco to the UEFA Champions League final in 2004 but they lost out to Jose Mourinho's Porto.

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?...=Deschamps+quits+Monaco&channel=football_home

Well the guy did great for Monaco except in few recent weeks and that was partly because they didn't acquire as many and the quality of players he wanted with only major recruitments being Camel Meriem and Tarik Moualida (who i dont rate much). Gerard and some loans like Kapo.

Either way I think they put too much pressure on him and ever since he said Monaco is not a great club people got even more pissed since club was not doing well and also to hear that but nonetheless I think he did great over there and had they not put this much pressure, he'd get out of this slump and do alright. After all every team goes through a bad form but if you sack your manger who's done wonders in past few years then you're probably doing the wrong thing unless you can bring in Paul Le Guen ;)

PLF said:
And a great match it was as I suspected with a predictable outcome.

Les Verts celebrate a 3-0 victory over the Parisians in a match which they dominated in posession, good scoring chances and great football and performance from each individual player around.

It's great to see St. Etienne back among the elites and hopefully this year they can do what Rennes or hopefully what Lille did last year though to be honest challenging for the title is a bit beyond them but with this fanbase and a little bit of ambition from chairman, they've got the base for a great team that can fight for Europe already and next or season after that if they continue to keep their best players and improve the squad in other areas they can be challenging for the title.

They have good players everywhere really with Piquionne and Feindounu and Sable really their star ones for me but they have very hard-working effective players in other parts of first eleven as well in David Hellebuyck and central partnership of Vincent Hognon and Zaoumana Camara.

Of course it doesn't hurt to have a great goalkeeper behind them as well in the ever so popular Jeremy Janot ;).

St. Etienne have not conceded at Stade Geoffroy Guichard for 25 hours now or since last November.

All in all I've said they have a good chance for a fight in Europe because they've got descent squad only player that in my opinion isn't AS great as other parts of the first eleven is the right back spot which currently Fousseni Diawara operates in. He's nothing special but everywhere else they've got players of descent skill or hardworking and effective.

Hi Mate

I saw the second half of this - got up at 5am (not deliberately i might add, the ill effects of a curry from Sunday!)

anyway...

Was v impressed by Les Verts, the way they continually harried the PSG players all over the pitch making them make mistakes etc.. and they finished clinically and could of had a few more.

My little fav Feinduno was also is great form with some chinking runs - and i see Mazure wasn't even playing or got substituted earlier on ?

When do they face Lyon ? that'll be a great game

db

That'll indeed be a great match and one I'll be looking forward to the most.

I know PSG play Lyon on Wednesday but I can't say i'm looking forward to that nearly as much as Les Verts vs. The mighty Lyon in what is not only 2 of the most impressive French teams who play similar attractive football but also a derby so it should be great ;)

And yes Feindunou had some great runs in this game and the header that got him his goal was also brilliant for not such a tall guy between 2 PSG defenders! :D

yes Feinduno play very great sunday, it's a up and down player, few times very bad and like sunday amazing.

The 2 September in friendly, St.Etienne beat Barca 2 - 1 with Ronaldinho :D

I had to stay up until 4:20am to see the St. Ettienne Vs. PSG match and it was well worth it.

ThomasGOAL when will the french cup matches start? There doing a few league cup matches here in England this week

Stringer Bell said:
ThomasGOAL when will the french cup matches start? There doing a few league cup matches here in England this week

about the "Coupe de la Ligue" the competion start for the few of Clubs of National division the 20 september, i think Ligue 1 and 2 start in the next round and i don't have the date.

and for the "Coupe de France":
The Ligue 2 start on the 7 round, 19 november 2005
The Ligue 1 clubs start on Coupe de France the 7 & 8 January
http://www.fff.fr/cfra/calendrier/700.shtml

List of possible next Monaco coach :

Guy Lacombe
Raynald Denoueix
Paul Le Guen
Gernot Rohr
José Antonio Camacho
Javier Irureta
Vicente Del Bosque
Vahid Halilhodzic
Ramon Diaz
Luiz Felipe Scolari
Ruud Gullit

source : lequipe.fr

Currently watching Monaco vs. Nice HT 0-0!

Guy Lacombe wouldn't be a bad choice and it wouldn't be too out of their reach either me thinks ;)

ROSENBORG : 0
LYON : 1 (Cris 45+1')

Another good result by Lyon, very hard to win at Rosenborg, great game by Tiago, Malouda and Cris on the Lyon side.

OM vs PSG "le Classique" tonight with the Barthez comeback ! :D

Marseille win !!! Amazing Franck Ribery :shock:

Olympique de Marseille : 1 (Cana 79')
Paris Saint-Germain : 0

PS: Cana is ex PSG player, and play 48' for PSG in the start of the season :lol:

ALLEZ L'OM !!!

MANCHESTER UNITED : 0

LYON : 2 (JUNINHO 4', GOVOU 89')
OLYMPIAKOS : 1 (Kafes 84')

Back
Top Bottom