15 March 2003
France
Ligue 1

Ligue 1 "Official Thread"

logo_ligue_1_nouveau.png

Last edited:
Re: Ligue 1 Orange "Official Thread" 2005/2006

Ligue 1 first game

PSG : 4 (Kalou 5', Cissé 37', Rothen 48', Landrin 81')
Metz : 1 (Ahn 69')

PSG back with a great team, very good start by Kalou, Dhorasso and Rothen

Re: Ligue 1 Orange "Official New Thread" 2005/2006

Yeah, watched the game, PSG look threatening this season. Three debutants scored, nice for them :)

ehhh guys.. we already had a Le Championat thread dont you see?? and it had few replies and good talking as well as season preview and our thoughts.!!!

PLF said:
ehhh guys.. we already had a Le Championat thread dont you see?? and it had few replies and good talking as well as season preview and our thoughts.!!!

Yes i know PLF, i make a new one (05/06) with the classement in first page etc..

okay I see you wanted to put 05/06 in title but couldn't edit first post because it wasn't your post ;)

umm... we should take some of those posts and put here though.. oh well when i have more time i'll do my own at least.

take care

inter_211 said:
Whaat team do you support thomaas ????

I like Marseille, maybe it's not the same level of Lyon or Monaco.
I'm for the best football this year :)

Last edited:

Interesting game today, Marseille v Bordeaux. 3-1 I reckon, l'OMs game against Lazio this past Wednesday probably did them good, fitness- and moralewise. Oruma and Niang suspended though, I think Mendoza will replace Niang. Dunno how Bordeaux will do with their new manager but they lost to Inter 1-2 last week in a friendly, which is OK!

Ok great to see more interest in a league that is generally so under-rated by people and deserves it this year by Zlatan also here ;) ahd Thomas and Pk ;) and hopefully more will join us and become intersted as season goes on as well.

Anyways here's a post of mine a few days ago... about just some of my thoughts from other thread "Le Championnat". I reckon in terms of player acquisition, Toulouse has had best summer by totally bringing in players of HIGH quality which they only had 2-3 of last season but now look like a place that is ready to fight for Europe this season in terms of players and squad strength but as we all know players dont ultimately determine your success or otherwise PSG, Marseille would do better each year than they have previously and there's many other factors involved like manager, pressure from supporters and it'd be nice to see if after all these good acquisitions and not losing anybody key except Stephane Dalmat.. Toulouse will be able to cope with extra pressure that is on club now after good transfers.

Okay here's post from few days ago:
-----------------------
"Wow guys excited as hell about new season as always!

Read the preview and overall i'm impressed.. they seem to know what they're talking about most of the time and I only don't agree with few things.

I think Sochaux are in big trouble this season.. could even finish worse than 13th that Soccernet suggests and find themselves in relegation battle after a bad summer for them.

Key players: Jeremy Mathieu, Wilson Oruma, Santos, Monsareau have all left and these 4 were basically the backside of this team and what made them a better than avg team cuz all are high quality but still Sochaux still have magic of dribbling/skills of Joaod Zairi and youngster Jeremy Menez and Illan up front but will it be enough after getting rid of your best defender, 2 midfielder and striker and replacing with nowhere near same quality players??? Also losing a coach that I don't rate so highly but think is descent.. in Guy Lacombe??

I think this is gonna be a troubled season for Sochuax and defintely a bottom half finish but we'll see I guess... Philip Brunel (Ex-Lille captain) is a good signing but he's not Jeremy Mathieu and Jeremy is a godsend.. that man is as versatile as it gets and can be playing in many top teams in world right now as he's blessed with same determination/stamina/work rate/teamwork of Gerrard and never stops running and he does have a vicious left foot and descent enough skills to be a competitive DMF for any team and can also fill in as LB or LM or OM and CM.

Also St. Etienne under Ellie Baup I think won't do worse than last season and finish 10th.. I think they'll be in top 8 somewhere and Frederic Piquionne who possesses impressive skills/technique for such big man is now a permanent member of St. Etienne squad and not just on loan

Sable, Zokora, and all other key players remain with few additions as well so i think it'll be another successful season for France's most successul side historically!

Auxurre wont be the attractive, everybody's 2nd fav team in France either naymore I think due to Guy Roux's departure and arrival of Santini I think they'll become a mid-table club who'll finish around 10th spot from now on for a few years unless real changes start to happen.

Again PSG, Marseille both have quality squad to challenge for title but due to controversy, too much pressure, and not amazing coaches I don't think either will win title again despite huge expectations. Their squads are certainly good enough but I think this year Monaco under Deschamp's 3rd or 4th season I think dunno for sure might taste title and Lyon finish 2nd or 3rd! but it will be a tight and exciting race up until last few weeks like usual in France (except last year of course)"

inter_211 said:
Marseille vs Bordeaux is on now on TV5 orient
Yup that's what i'm watchin it on?? I thought it was canadian channel what the hell? :lol:

It's in French commentary but my love for the game will mean i'll sit through it and learn a bit of French i suppose :mrgreen:

pk9 said:
i hope channel 4 in the uk resume coverage of ligue 1

Yeah i usualy record it on the timer mode and watch it when i get home before they start EUROGOALS.....i swear you live in Holland!?

I want to see how well marsellie does this season...they've bought Oruma...who is a really good DMF player.

Last edited:

what time does eurogoals start ? GMT timing ?
its on Eurosport right ?

inter_211 said:
what time does eurogoals start ? GMT timing ?
its on Eurosport right ?

Yeah its on eurosport at 5pm every Mondays....but the show starts next month.

Wilson Oruma - Ex Sochaux is an OMF and a good one but nothing that special. their biggest and most talented signing is probably Franck Ribery who's left galatasaray after only 6 months there after his move in january transfer window from Metz and is now reunited with Jean Fernandez in Marseille. It'll be nice to see how they do with nice attacking midfielders like him, SAmir Nasri, Laurent Battles and Wilson Oruma.

1-0 for Bordeaux, with Déhu out, it looks very bad for Marseille.
Not a great game, let's hope for a higher level during the other games tonight.

PLF said:
Wilson Oruma - Ex Sochaux is an OMF and a good one but nothing that special. their biggest and most talented signing is probably Franck Ribery who's left galatasaray after only 6 months there after his move in january transfer window from Metz and is now reunited with Jean Fernandez in Marseille. It'll be nice to see how they do with nice attacking midfielders like him, SAmir Nasri, Laurent Battles and Wilson Oruma.

Swear he can play as DMF too...also Battles one of the most underated players....

He's an OMF in origin but sure players get converted to other positions or have to play deeper/more attacking role often nowadays so i'd say he's OMF/CM.. wouldn't say he's a DMF as that is someone who has more defensive duties than attacking and I haven't seen that with Oruma.

anyhoo.. good game for Bordeaux.. they were calm did their thing and after sending off it was always going to be tough.. coming back not to mention Marseille just didn't do enough.

But thank god Ligue 1 is here :), there's excitement around now for me and it's only gonna get better with other top leagues starting soon as well ;)

Yogui said:
1-0 for Bordeaux, with Déhu out, it looks very bad for Marseille.
Not a great game, let's hope for a higher level during the other games tonight.

Finish 0 - 2
Poor game, Marseille play very bad without Oruma and Niang :roll:

PLF said:
Ok great to see more interest in a league that is generally so under-rated by people and deserves it this year by Zlatan also here ;) ahd Thomas and Pk ;) and hopefully more will join us and become intersted as season goes on as well.

Anyways here's a post of mine a few days ago... about just some of my thoughts from other thread "Le Championnat". I reckon in terms of player acquisition, Toulouse has had best summer by totally bringing in players of HIGH quality which they only had 2-3 of last season but now look like a place that is ready to fight for Europe this season in terms of players and squad strength but as we all know players dont ultimately determine your success or otherwise PSG, Marseille would do better each year than they have previously and there's many other factors involved like manager, pressure from supporters and it'd be nice to see if after all these good acquisitions and not losing anybody key except Stephane Dalmat.. Toulouse will be able to cope with extra pressure that is on club now after good transfers.

Okay here's post from few days ago:
-----------------------
"Wow guys excited as hell about new season as always!

Read the preview and overall i'm impressed.. they seem to know what they're talking about most of the time and I only don't agree with few things.

I think Sochaux are in big trouble this season.. could even finish worse than 13th that Soccernet suggests and find themselves in relegation battle after a bad summer for them.

Key players: Jeremy Mathieu, Wilson Oruma, Santos, Monsareau have all left and these 4 were basically the backside of this team and what made them a better than avg team cuz all are high quality but still Sochaux still have magic of dribbling/skills of Joaod Zairi and youngster Jeremy Menez and Illan up front but will it be enough after getting rid of your best defender, 2 midfielder and striker and replacing with nowhere near same quality players??? Also losing a coach that I don't rate so highly but think is descent.. in Guy Lacombe??

I think this is gonna be a troubled season for Sochuax and defintely a bottom half finish but we'll see I guess... Philip Brunel (Ex-Lille captain) is a good signing but he's not Jeremy Mathieu and Jeremy is a godsend.. that man is as versatile as it gets and can be playing in many top teams in world right now as he's blessed with same determination/stamina/work rate/teamwork of Gerrard and never stops running and he does have a vicious left foot and descent enough skills to be a competitive DMF for any team and can also fill in as LB or LM or OM and CM.

Also St. Etienne under Ellie Baup I think won't do worse than last season and finish 10th.. I think they'll be in top 8 somewhere and Frederic Piquionne who possesses impressive skills/technique for such big man is now a permanent member of St. Etienne squad and not just on loan

Sable, Zokora, and all other key players remain with few additions as well so i think it'll be another successful season for France's most successul side historically!

Auxurre wont be the attractive, everybody's 2nd fav team in France either naymore I think due to Guy Roux's departure and arrival of Santini I think they'll become a mid-table club who'll finish around 10th spot from now on for a few years unless real changes start to happen.

Again PSG, Marseille both have quality squad to challenge for title but due to controversy, too much pressure, and not amazing coaches I don't think either will win title again despite huge expectations. Their squads are certainly good enough but I think this year Monaco under Deschamp's 3rd or 4th season I think dunno for sure might taste title and Lyon finish 2nd or 3rd! but it will be a tight and exciting race up until last few weeks like usual in France (except last year of course)"

Hehe yeah mate, there's probably more interest but half of us can't be arsed to type about it on forums :) But I've made the decision to finally do so heheh. I agree with you're views there except on Auxerre, I think they might get their act together. But they'll prolly end up 5-8th place in the end like always.

Carew will win the ligue des buts! :D

yup you might be right about Auxurre but I personally don't think they'll be as good as they've been in past 5-6 years or so which means a usual 7-4th place or so, I think they'll do slightly worse but you might be right defintely and they could be among those teams again this year. We'll have to wait and see :)

Nice assist from Daisuke MATSUI for LeMans.
First goal in Ligue1 for Carew.

2.1 for OL at 60e

Yup it was great match or at least I enjoyed it a lot. John Carew was brilliant again.

and that Tulio the tall brazilian looked like he's a very good header/jumper of the ball with great strength.

Anyways the match I would've picked to watch if I had choice would've been Toulouse vs. Sochaux

Like I said earlier Sochaux sold 2 of their biggest names, Santos and Jeremy Mathieu to Toulouse this summer as they look to fight for a European spot and kinda have switched places with Sochaux thanks to their ambitious chairman.

Anyways I heard it finished 1-0 for Toulouse but it'd be nice to see if either of the former players got that winning goal :mrgreen:

Santos scored lol, too bad for sochaux :)
Wasn't that great of a match. Nice-Troyes was very good, with some new brazilian player : Koné, doing Flip Flaps, almost got pass the whole defense by himself.
A great goal on freekick by Vahirua that touched the upper post, too bad Troyes scored afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom