Life After Football

Mack

Champions League
8 August 2003
Manchester
MCFC
Anyone watch it last night? Good documentry with Alan Hanson i suppose it showed a darkside to football, youve just got to feel for Neil Web!

I saw it quite a good, good bits with Neil Ruddock

Must sound pretty scary for the younger players on the show (Ferdinand and Lampard) on when asked have yu thought about retirement

yea wasn't bad, def felt for neil webb, having to get a job driving white vans after playing football, pretty grim. gazza needs to go into football rehab, he needs to get with tha guy thats treating ruddock and mutu. was weird seeing them muck about together.

yeah it was, but pretty cool, wonder how much English Mutu speaks???

i thought it was a very well presented and Gazza just doesnt seem to evolve does he? he's just a kid still isnt he!!

Damn! I forgot to watch this even after the reminder on MOTD.
You're right about Gazza, Loz. He just wont grow up. Is he still calling himself G8 or something?

Cracking documentary which shows it ain't easy no matter who you are....just that they are closeted in this fantasy world for a lot longer than most of us! I guess its only sad that players like Neil Webb end up driving white vans because we come to idolise these players, who are really normal people, and put them on this pedastal which is impossible to replicate once their time is up.

...........on the other hand, bet they're pretty good at PES/WE!:D

Yeah but it focused entirely on top flight players, who earn the most.

What about the lower league plodder who earnt jack shit in the first place?? Surely he is even worse off?

I couldn't really have any sympathy for any of them. They earnt millions from the game, were idolised by millions. Now Neil Webb is broke, so what? I am broke through WATCHING football and nobody gives a shit! Life is hard.

Neil Webb - Stop feeling sorry for yourself, accept you had a great career but you are now a hasbeen. Get over it.

Butatista, I didn't say I felt sorry for them....I don't. Actually pissed off that Ruddock pissed about in the pub whilst playing for Liverpool. Talk about taking the piss.

Back
Top Bottom