Level-Of-Detail (LOD) Mixer for PES5/PES4/WE8I PC

juce said:
strange... never seen it crash or lock up because of lodmixer.
You sure that was the reason? What did it happen with: pes5 or pes4 or we8i?

pes5..i have to tell you m epes didnt coem from the shop;) .can be it?

no, that shouldn't make any difference... It should work of for both original exe (from DVD) and the no-cd version

great we tool mate. took a game or two to get get used to the refined detail but my eyes are very happy now. all we need is wolfs lovely kits and balls and my pes5 heaven will be complete.

i´ve downloaded it and whe i try to set it up i get an exe unknown or not supported...

what is this?

renatus,
The message means that it either cannot find your executable file, or it doesn't recognize it as one of the supported versions. What game are you running? PES5? PES4? WE8I?

The lockups and crashes are caused by something in the option file that gets ameneded after you have LOD'ed the EXE.

(well..I'm summising that because if you delete the option file and restart it works and doesnt crash or lockup)

PS...I crashed 3 times online yesterday. Every time within 30 seconds of kickoff. Got done for a 3-0 defeat each time...which was nice..

#### OPINION CHANGE..... Nothing to do with the option file.....i think ....ah damnit ##

Last edited by a moderator:
Just noticed another abhoration.
The first letter on a few of the ingame menu items disappear.

I then usually crash after trying to select one.

Most recent crash was with 1,1,2,2,3

oh hang on... "Small update: now works with PES5/XBox"

Ah sod it.

1.1 crashes my game a lot. (PES5 PC)

I'll try 1.2

granulated said:
oh hang on... "Small update: now works with PES5/XBox"

Ah sod it.

1.1 crashes my game a lot. (PES5 PC)

I'll try 1.2

ah bugger it.

Exactly the same problems.

It either freezes at the formation page after a few seconds or crashes in-game at some point.

Judgong by how many peaople HAVEN'T had a lock-up or crash... maybe it's something to do with my drivers. (latest Nvidia)

More news...

It's only freezes for me in the formation page when I use 800-600

If I use 1024-768 it doesn't hang...still crashes in-game though.

###edit###

Scrub that. It DOES hang at 1024-768. Just not every time.

GOD DAMNIT !

Hangs are often attributed to a corrupt option file. Try backing up yours and run it with a fresh one to diagnose.

granulated said:
More news...

It's only freezes for me in the formation page when I use 800-600

If I use 1024-768 it doesn't hang...still crashes in-game though.

###edit###

Scrub that. It DOES hang at 1024-768. Just not every time.

GOD DAMNIT !

granulated,
either the options file is toast, or you have a corrupt 0_text.afs. The disappearing menus are a strong indication of that, i think. Try this: with LOD Mixer, put the detail level back to defaults - 1,2,3,4,5. Then try the game again. If you still get crashes, then it's not the lod modifications, because 1,2,3,4,5 effectively uninstalls any lod changes.

renatus,
can you post a couple of screenshots of LOD mixer? For instance, how it looks right after you started it, and also another one - after you press the "Save" button.

juce said:
renatus,
can you post a couple of screenshots of LOD mixer? For instance, how it looks right after you started it, and also another one - after you press the "Save" button.

well all option apear not available..only the save button

ok, i see now why you have this problem.
You registry entry that specifies installation directory is a bit wrong. In particular, it is missing the trailing backslash.

Here's what you can do:
1. Run "regedit"
2. Go to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KONAMIPES5\PES5" key.
3. In the right panel, you'll see a bunch of settings - right click on the one named "installdir", choose "Modify", and add a backslash to the end of it, so it reads "C:\Program Files\Pro Evolution Soccer 5\"
4. close regedit.
5. Try the LOD mixer again.

or, you could just edit the filename in that textbox in LOD Mixer: insert a backslash in front of "PES5.exe" and press [Tab] key.

juce said:
granulated,
either the options file is toast, or you have a corrupt 0_text.afs. The disappearing menus are a strong indication of that, i think. Try this: with LOD Mixer, put the detail level back to defaults - 1,2,3,4,5. Then try the game again. If you still get crashes, then it's not the lod modifications, because 1,2,3,4,5 effectively uninstalls any lod changes.

thanks for the tip....ill give it a go.

OK..I've finally traced the cause of my crashes and locks

It was a replay file !

The game code must at least scan the replay save file at certain points (not just when wanting to view them)

What a pain. They really should fix it. I'd call it a serious bug.

My guess is that it's because I'm using a custom player.

granulated said:
OK..I've finally traced the cause of my crashes and locks

It was a replay file !

The game code must at least scan the replay save file at certain points (not just when wanting to view them)

What a pain. They really should fix it. I'd call it a serious bug.

My guess is that it's because I'm using a custom player.

Right..further refinement.....

It seems I can only have a certain amount of replay files in the folder.
THe maximum is about 25 or summink.

my game was broken,too, but i took the files from the save folder1 to folder1/made new/ now it goes/i just let the opt.file in folder1/!!! =DDD

Last edited:
Hey,

I was wondering if there was a way to turn LOD off. I am running it at 1,1,2,2,3 with my ATI 9700 Pro, runs ok but I just want to see what its like without it on? I play Normal Long so maybe i'll play around with it more but I would like to see how it is with this off?

Cheers,
Joe.

Back
Top Bottom