Let's vote for Peter Crouch as Sports Personality of the Year

get a life people.

Freddie will obviously win this anyway.

although crouch probably deserves an award for putting up with all the pedantic, childish, moranic, idotic comments made about him.

:applause: Yes indeed, I have also voted a couple of times... I have a soft spot for the lanky shite... 8)

I don't think he'll win tbh... but I don't think he quite deserves the amount of stick he gets. He seems a good lad. :)

He wont win as the public vote on the night will go to Flintoff but to see them announce the FREEEEEK on the shortlist would be brilliant. I feel that Freddie will get most of the shortlist votes so a campaign like this will easily send Crouch up the list. Other than Crouch who hoestly wouldn't vote Flintoff?

I can just imagine the faces in the BBC Sport offices as they gradually collate the results and see Crouch's votes increase. :D

Apparently he is currently sitting second as Everton fans for some reason have started a campaign to vote for him!

The future is Crouch! Should shut a few people up now he's scored. Gotta hand it to the man for never letting his head drop in public and his application for the team.

RuneEdge said:
Unlike you lot, I've had my faith in him for the last 5 months. I officially started this and showed everyone the way of the Crouch.
No need to tell me mate. I thought you were becoming a Liverpool supporter.:lmao:

from BBC

Crouch award bid peters out

Peter Crouch celebrates scoring against Wigan
Liverpool 3-0 Wigan
Panel in Crouch talks

Peter Crouch may have scuppered his chances of a place on the Sports Personality of the Year podium after ending his goal drought for Liverpool.

The striker has been polling a large amount of votes for the annual BBC award, which is presented on Sunday, after a cruel internet crusade was launched by Everton fans keen to embarrass him on live television.

Some online chat rooms even suggested Crouch was lying in second place behind favourite Andrew Flintoff before his strike put the Reds 2-0 up against Wigan on Saturday.

That goal could see the wheels come off the campaign - which had also been backed by some Liverpool fans, sympathetic to their player's plight.

We are aware of the Peter Crouch campaign. But we have systems in place to detect any duplicate voting
BBC spokesman

And if the Premiership's dubious goals panel rules Crouch also scored the first goal - controversially awarded to Wigan goalkeeper Mike Pollitt - the plot will be well and truly dead in the water.

After all, where's the fun in giving an award to the top flight's in-form striker?

Love that Crouch Aid tshirt. Classic shizz.

I hope he does win. for all the stick he gets, for all the crap he's had to put up with from wirters who've never played the game, and from armchair athletes with guts that hold as much fat as personal failure, the kid has never shown a sour face. He's never whined. Never complained. Never gotten bitter. He's never come off the pitch with a Cisse-expression on his face.

The kid is pure integrity and effort. It amazes me that anyone can watch him play and think he doesnt contribute to this team. After Xabi and Gerrard, i really think he's got the best footballing brain of any player on that pitch. Almost everything he does has purpose, and rarely do i catch myself saying, "What was Crouch thinking?!"

I'll admit it. The Ghazman got a li'l misty-eyed when he hit the net this weekend. Nobody deserved it more than him, and rather than pound his chest like a pissed off asshole, he celebrated like a kid in a park.

Fuckin' Legend.

ghazi said:

I hope he does win. for all the stick he gets, for all the crap he's had to put up with from wirters who've never played the game, and from armchair athletes with guts that hold as much fat as personal failure, the kid has never shown a sour face. He's never whined. Never complained. Never gotten bitter. He's never come off the pitch with a Cisse-expression on his face.

The kid is pure integrity and effort. It amazes me that anyone can watch him play and think he doesnt contribute to this team. After Xabi and Gerrard, i really think he's got the best footballing brain of any player on that pitch. Almost everything he does has purpose, and rarely do i catch myself saying, "What was Crouch thinking?!"

I'll admit it. The Ghazman got a li'l misty-eyed when he hit the net this weekend. Nobody deserved it more than him, and rather than pound his chest like a pissed off asshole, he celebrated like a kid in a park.

Fuckin' Legend.

Bro...seriously..This post brought a real tear to my eye.

ghazi said:

Fuckin' Legend.

Quality :)

ghazi said:

Fuckin' Legend.

Legend!!!

Fix!

Andrew Flintoff
Steven Gerrard
Ricky Hatton
Ellen MacArthur
Andrew Murray
Michael Vaughan

Pfffffff

Back
Top Bottom