1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

L'Equipe Explore - Guardiola, la loi des 32 minutes (The 32 minutes rule)

Discussion in 'Football' started by jihado86, 20 February 2017.

1. jihado86

jihado86 Attacking Midfielder

10 July 2008
    Tunisia
    Real Madrid
    Hi,

L'Equipe made an astonishing work to explore the ideas of Pep and his philosophy, how he sees football.
    I spent a full hour enjoying reading this jewel.
    I know it's in French but I wanted to share it here anyways, trust me, this is one of the best things I have read in my whole life.

https://www.lequipe.fr/explore/guardiola-loi-32-minutes/

2. Godotelli

Godotelli Stroking Silva's Hair

27 July 2012
    Manchester
    Manchester City
    Thanks. Good read - even via google translate

3. drekkard

drekkard International

23 March 2005
    Barcelona
    Barça, Arsenal, Ajax
    Thank you very much for that link Jihado, it's probably the best footy article I've ever read, the quality of the writing, the concepts, ho wthings are explained... I just wish we had press like that in Spain, but you know that's impossible. Quality doesn't sell here.

4. jihado86

10 July 2008
    Tunisia
    Real Madrid
    Agree about Spanish press, I'm not Spanish but I see how Marca, AS, Mundo deportivo, Sport and co work, concentrating on the buzz, Ronaldo's six-pack, Messi's blond hair, etc .. and when they get so deep in football, they talk about some shitty statistics that mean nothing :D

about L'équipe and French press overall, yes they have sometimes some superficial stuff, but all in all, they are way too advanced and serious and professional compared with media in Spain, England & Italy. I don't speak German so I don't know how German press is, but I assume they're good since German people are the most professional ever :D

I hope we see as much articles as these, it provides learning and enjoyment.

Now back to the real topic, football coaching, there's a quote in the article by Juanma Lillo which says that results mean nothing when evaluating a coach's work, you have to see what this coach added, the way he changes things, his touch.

My father (RIP) was a football coach and he always told me the same.

5. Pavel08

Pavel08 Championship

27 October 2009
    Russia - FC Barcelona
    Is the google translator of this any good?
    I'm a big fan of guardiola, he's no doubt the best manager for me. Would love to read this

6. jihado86

10 July 2008
    Tunisia
    Real Madrid
    I think it's good enough.

Only there's some text on photos sometimes, that can't be translated.