Legendary is awesome - Game Difficulty Discussion

I've switched to legendary, but it felt like playing an online match against someone playing full auto (playing fully manual)
Which settings are you using (passing/crossing!) when playing legendary?

I've switched to legendary, but it felt like playing an online match against someone playing full auto (playing fully manual)
Which settings are you using (passing/crossing!) when playing legendary?

Shoooting, Passing on Semi

Everything else manual.

I change passing back to manual sometimes but I think it helps balance it out set to semi at least.

I wanted to play all manual on Legendary but I had to put passing on Semi. (Just not very good at manual passing :(( )

The matches are tough but realistic now and I am really enjoying it.

I just couldn't pass it around effectively with manual.

I do find some of the lower teams seem (at some points during the match) to be fantastic at passing, but overall it seems to be the best level.

I wanted to play all manual on Legendary but I had to put passing on Semi. (Just not very good at manual passing :(( )

The matches are tough but realistic now and I am really enjoying it.

I just couldn't pass it around effectively with manual.

I do find some of the lower teams seem (at some points during the match) to be fantastic at passing, but overall it seems to be the best level.

Hopefully the lower teams will change when/if EA set the teams mentalities to what they should be instead of 70's all over though.

I see this all the time. I'm playing with Benfica against lower Portuguese sides and they all pass the ball around like Barcelona. Really pisses me off sometimes.

But I do agree, after trying Legendary there's no going back, it's the best overall.

have not tried MM on legendary as I not touching that till the patch. Exhibition is great though. Legendary is more balanced than World Class no doubt.

I tried CHELSEA v Man Utd on Legendary the other day and the CPU was just fucking pressuring me like crazy. I managed about 2 shots in the whole game :((. They had about 12. Same old AI, don't matter what level it's on, it's still fucked up.

I had some great matches but it still true that the opposition does pressure way too much, i haven't managed to get a sec to try to shoot from distance,

From someone who could only play FIFA09 on Semi-Pro and 10 on Pro, I jumped to Legendary tonight for a few games to see how it plays.

Was pleasantly surprised. Arsenal (me) 1 v 1 Stoke and S.Africa (Me) 0 v 2 Bulgaria.

Arsenal game was very good, lots of good passing, moving and chances created. The Africa game was good in a different way, in that Bulgaria played me off the park due to a tought defense and Berbatov up front.

So wasnt as bad as I thought and the games were more fun - may stick with it!

For those who think the pressuring is to much: try holding the L2 button when your player just has been given the ball, the AI will hold off more thinking you will try and do a skill move. Makes a massive difference.

Also the R2 button for shielding the ball works wonders.

I love the challenge and that my mistakes are fully punished by the computer. Plus, Fifa is challenging enough that it makes me fear losing which keeps the game fun.

I suggest everyone play every sports game on the hardest level. The worst thing that can happen in a sports game is to become too good for the CPU and win everything all the time. That's what killed the PES series for me.
Exactly the same for me. I need that challenge to maintain my interest in the game, and Legendary+Manual currently does that quite nicely.

Could someone point me to some video of some obvious "cheating" in Fifa 09?
I would love to see this too. I'm also of the opinion that people are far too paranoid, as I've already posted about in another thread.

Hı guys
I am playing Fifa 2010 on xbox360. I am playing at extreme difficulty as Fenerbahce in manager mode. I must say that AI cheats extremely in the game . In every game ı am having 60-65% possesion of ball, countless scoring positions majority of them are 1 on 1 , but ı cant score. My players just cant score even headers to empty net. Nearly in every match ı hit the crossbar 2 or 3 times. Opposition has just 2 opportunities and they score and win. It irritates me. It is called cheating. Even in PES series i didnot see that amount of cheating. Are there any one thinking like me. If they can sort it out it will be a wonderfull game

Hı guys
I am playing Fifa 2010 on xbox360. I am playing at extreme difficulty as Fenerbahce in manager mode. I must say that AI cheats extremely in the game . In every game ı am having 60-65% possesion of ball, countless scoring positions majority of them are 1 on 1 , but ı cant score. My players just cant score even headers to empty net. Nearly in every match ı hit the crossbar 2 or 3 times. Opposition has just 2 opportunities and they score and win. It irritates me. It is called cheating. Even in PES series i didnot see that amount of cheating. Are there any one thinking like me. If they can sort it out it will be a wonderfull game

Yet there are people who see none of this, it's weird...

I tried CHELSEA v Man Utd on Legendary the other day and the CPU was just fucking pressuring me like crazy. I managed about 2 shots in the whole game :((. They had about 12. Same old AI, don't matter what level it's on, it's still fucked up.

That's because the team tactics are fucked up, all teams have pressure/aggression set unrealistically high, edit the team tactics so they play realistically then try that match again.

what he said

You can edit any team's default tactic so they don't pressure you in that way.

The default tactics for most teams are horseshit and need editing.

This is what i hate about fifa and why i can't be bothered with this game anymore, i have to constantly change things here and there to make the gameplay somewhat realistic.

The default settings on this game present a fast paced acrade game.

You ahve to play on semi/manual change custom tactics, change players abillites so there not stupidly overrated or run too fast. Defensive lines and organisation is dire, players mostly feel the same.

The problem is Rutter basially, he's trying to make the game like PES 2 with nice animations.

This is what i hate about fifa and why i can't be bothered with this game anymore, i have to constantly change things here and there to make the gameplay somewhat realistic.

The default settings on this game present a fast paced acrade game.

You ahve to play on semi/manual change custom tactics, change players abillites so there not stupidly overrated or run too fast. Defensive lines and organisation is dire, players mostly feel the same.

The problem is Rutter basially, he's trying to make the game like PES 2 with nice animations.

Well they're releasing a roster update hopefully in a few weeks to address this issue, so you wont have to create custom tactics for all teams.

So maybe we'll have each team playing slightly different and maybe they'll take note of the pressure issue on the higher levelsand adjust that too.

I'm really waiting for that, and if it is another load of half arsed crap from them then i'm done with the game.

Well they're releasing a roster update hopefully in a few weeks to address this issue, so you wont have to create custom tactics for all teams.

So maybe we'll have each team playing slightly different and maybe they'll take note of the pressure issue on the higher levelsand adjust that too.

I'm really waiting for that, and if it is another load of half arsed crap from them then i'm done with the game.

Problem will be that this update won't effect the Manager Mode save game you're playing right now and you'll have to restart all over...

Problem will be that this update won't effect the Manager Mode save game you're playing right now and you'll have to restart all over...

Yup, which is why my next MM still won't be my final one, will just do a quick and nasty League1/League2 tactic fix and the few international free transfers that were already posted, well that's assuming I ever start playing Fifa10 again, still playing Risen on my PC :)

Honestly if you use Nerf, TikTik and Neo's tactics and templates and assign them to the correct EPL teams and randomly spread them around the lower leagues, you will have a much better game although the game is still screwed you can make the most of it.

Legendary is a cheating whore of a cunt.

I spent over an hour doing the custom tactics for the prem, and I thought I'd do a league tournament with them and I'd bump it up the legendary.

First game, Blackburn thrashed me 4-1 at home, they were stupidly good, too strong, too quick. :CONFUSE:

Second game, I'm 2-0 up at half time against Birmingham, they score 2 in the last 5 mins and it finshes 2-2. :CONF:

Third game, I'm 3-0 up against Spurs at half time...cue cheating I think to myself. Sure enough, they score 2 goals inside one minute of the fucking second half, and another shortly afterwards. :CURSE:

I turned the console off after that.

Professional is the "fair" difficulty level to say something, so I encourage people to play all manual in professional. With a good team you'll win easily, with a bad team you'll have to fight a little. Leveling up to world class is something I do for "hard matches", for example a derby or european competitions, but cheating starts to be so evident that the fun decreases.

It's not winning or losing, but HOW. And legendary is a joke, really. Like playing an assisted twat online and he has taken Barcelona or Man Utd... in fact, it's worst.

Problem with Pro though is that it is far too easy to tackle - my midfield and defenders strip the ball off the CPU almost at will and what's worse is that my forwards nick the ball off the CPU defenders more than half the time, resulting in at least a few cheap one-on-one breakaways.
I've actually tried to edit my players tackling abilities - down to zero for upfront players and -30 for the rest, but I don't think that has any effect when you're controlling them.
Have also changed my tactics to lower pressure and aggression almost all the way down but again, it hasn't been effective and it's ridiculous to not try to win the ball, especially if you're down a goal.
Thus I'm stuck playing World Class which is much more realistic in that the CPU protects the ball well enough so that I can't just take the ball off them, however I always end up with less than half the shots the CPU does and consequently usually fewer goals as well.
The game needs sliders, plain and simple -

Legendary is the best for me at the moment.

I play all manual apart from semi-passing. But I mainly play with Arsenal which is a good team.

All games are hard, but score lines are realistic, you really need to work to get a goal though (Well I do)

World class I find cheats alot more and is so frustrating to play against.

Professional like the guy above said is just to easy to tackle and disposess people, so that takes the fun away.

I don't think any of them are ideal, but Legendary seems to be the best for me. I'm sure I wouldn't think that though, if I played with a poorer team.

I find it's quite hard getting close to the opposition on Legendary, they knock the ball about like they're Barcelona and the only time I get the ball back is from a goal kick usually :LOL:

Legendary is a cheating whore of a cunt.

I spent over an hour doing the custom tactics for the prem, and I thought I'd do a league tournament with them and I'd bump it up the legendary.

First game, Blackburn thrashed me 4-1 at home, they were stupidly good, too strong, too quick. :CONFUSE:

Second game, I'm 2-0 up at half time against Birmingham, they score 2 in the last 5 mins and it finshes 2-2. :CONF:

Third game, I'm 3-0 up against Spurs at half time...cue cheating I think to myself. Sure enough, they score 2 goals inside one minute of the fucking second half, and another shortly afterwards. :CURSE:

I turned the console off after that.

If there getting to you on legendary just put the default controls back on and beat them 11-0

This game is really pooor and really boring, no matter if you use manual, semi or whatever you find yourself scoring the same goals over and over.

My new MM is with a 1-star (or 1.5? FK Pribram) team in the Czech league on Legendary/Manual, having a lot of fun with it so far. Even my results have not been too bad over the first half-a-dozen games, I think I'm giving as good as I get at this early stage.

The 'cheating' accusation is so blown out of proportion, imo. As discussed in a different thread, the game needs to slightly bend certain probabilities in its favour in order to provide you with that higher difficulty bar. All sports games do the same. Teams can also gain and lose momentum. That's how it's going to be, and as a resourceful gamer you still have plenty of things you can try in order to overcome the increased odds. That's the point of playing on maximum difficulty, isn't it?

Yesterday I dropped two points when, having had my two-goal lead narrowed to one goal, the CPU team won a corner in injury time and subsequently headed in the equaliser. Tough, it happens. Maybe I could have done better to win the header, maybe I could have defended better to avoid conceding the corner, maybe I could have protected the ball better to avoid losing possession in the first place.

I just think that being forced to come up with ways of overcoming this perceived 'cheating' is surely all part of playing on the maximum difficulty level. You are a human being, your opponent is merely AI code; if it was a level playing field you'd stroll it and grow bored very quickly.

If there getting to you on legendary just put the default controls back on and beat them 11-0

This game is really pooor and really boring, no matter if you use manual, semi or whatever you find yourself scoring the same goals over and over.

It's not boring or really poor :DD .....so there!

I score many different types of goal and am enjoying alot. The goals I score on Manual are very different and varied than when using assisted I find.

Back
Top Bottom