Leave Sheva alone!!!

V

vxnova

Everytime I read football news now or watch a footy show they are always talking about Shevchenko and how he has only scored one goal in his last seven games. My response to all his critics is STFU!!! Sheva is one of the top three strikers in the world and he has already proven himself in the Serie A and just needs more time to adapt to the premiership. Do they think that he would just suddenly go from top scorer in the world's toughest league to a nobody in english football? Has he not been instrumental in setting up some of Chelsea's goals in their last few games even if he hasnt found the back of the net? It gets me so annoyed how critical the english media can be on a player and I cant wait for Sheva to get his goalscoring back on so that they can find on someone else to pick on.

marukomu said:
truly great players don't need time to adapt to a new league

:nono: :nono: :nono:

being a class player has nothing to do with adapting to a new league

hahaa... the reason is simple.. his price tag is 30million. People expect him to deliver the stuff.. imagine if he was a 3million signing? it would have been different.

lo zio said:

So what has it to do with then? If you pay 30 million for a 'class' player, you expect him to be 'class' whatever league he plays in. At the moment, he isn't.

The stick sheva is getting is pretty unfair especially if it took modern day legends like bergkamp and zola 6-7 games before scoring regularly but the bottom line is...Chelsea have spent 30 million on a player who has reached and most probably is past his best.

marukomu said:
So what has it to do with then?

it is so obvious...
it has to do with changing his own lifestyle, habits....
it has to do with finding a good comunication and feeling with new coach and players....
it has to do with learning new schemes....
it has to do with finding new motivations....

it has to do with a lot of things........ but it has anything to do with being a class player or being payed much

the way football is played in italy, england, spain is quite different.... is not that easy for a player who comes from a different league.

just a few examples...
henry played shit in italy
farias played shit in italy
maradona played shit in spain
cannavaro isn't playing at his best in spain

sheva just need time, that's all. and if he will not get better, well, maybe it will mean that he doesn't fit with english soccer

funny the amount of money Real spend for Ruud is probably the same amount for the club`s(Chelsea) lunch for players and he put in 5 goals already.Ruud is 30+ (yes!Hatch-trick)

Some may have a Huge list of excuses ,but the facts remain

I think it's a little unfair on him, just because of the rumours that he's gay he gets this kind of slating from the media. They should leave him alone and give him time to adapt to life in London, I'm sure the gay scene in swinging London is a little different than the prada suits and gucci sunglass wearing dark headed beasts of men wandering around the streets of Milan. Also his teammates have to get comfortable with him, the last gay they had on the Chelsea team was Ruud Guillit who modelled his look on the black supermodels of the time and none of those players that played with him are left really. Give him 3 more games, then you'll start to see him firing less blanks.

Dermot said:
I think it's a little unfair on him, just because of the rumours that he's gay he gets this kind of slating from the media. They should leave him alone and give him time to adapt to life in London, I'm sure the gay scene in swinging London is a little different than the prada suits and gucci sunglass wearing dark headed beasts of men wandering around the streets of Milan. Also his teammates have to get comfortable with him, the last gay they had on the Chelsea team was Ruud Guillit who modelled his look on the black supermodels of the time and none of those players that played with him are left really. Give him 3 more games, then you'll start to see him firing less blanks.

LOL

Some threads provoke answers like this...Dermot as Evo-web's unofficial quality controller...he who once desperately wanted to become mod is the best possible bullshit detector.

marukomu said:
truly great players don't need time to adapt to a new league
no ofence, but that's bullshit. every player needs some time. He may become great in the EPL or he might socre just a handfull of goals. but they all need time.

Revan said:
no ofence, but that's bullshit. every player needs some time. He may become great in the EPL or he might socre just a handfull of goals. but they all need time.

No offence but I don't think it is bullshit. Van Nistelrooy is doing ok in Spain. As for time, he's had 7 games plus CL games and all the training. For that amount of money every week, how long should he get?

lo zio said:
it is so obvious...
it has to do with changing his own lifestyle, habits....
it has to do with finding a good comunication and feeling with new coach and players....
it has to do with learning new schemes....
it has to do with finding new motivations....

it has to do with a lot of things........ but it has anything to do with being a class player or being payed much

the way football is played in italy, england, spain is quite different.... is not that easy for a player who comes from a different league.

just a few examples...
henry played shit in italy
farias played shit in italy
maradona played shit in spain
cannavaro isn't playing at his best in spain

sheva just need time, that's all. and if he will not get better, well, maybe it will mean that he doesn't fit with english soccer

fantastic post!!!!spot on mate!!:applause: :applause: :applause:

lo zio said:

Uhhh...yes it does. If you could only perform in one league, people would naturally raise the question of whether that league is weak or whether he simply plays around great players.
lo zio brought up a fair point about players like Maradona, Cannavaro, etc but those players prove themselves on the international stage (plus Maradona has done more than enough in Italy too).
People say form is temporary but class is permanent.
So either you're wrong or Sheva isnt world class. So which one is it?

His pricetag is his burden to perform.Clearly past his peak now and I think he would be better off playing in the La Liga where the pace is similar to that of the Serie A.

£30m is a lot for a player who is nearly 30, but then again, have Chelsea ever spent their money wisely?

Maybe he thought it would be easy against English defenders and he didn't have to try too hard. Sherringham was the same at Utd for the first season. He thought he only had to turn up and he'd win the league.

Milanista said:
He's a bit of an asshole but I still feel bad for him.

I'm very dissapointed by you milan fans:( how can you talk like that about a guy who spent last seven years in your team and
always gave 100 per cent never cheated,always showed his love for you club... pfff

Back
Top Bottom