Latest PS3 patch (March)

joeryan

Championship
24 September 2007
New York
I'm looking for a bit of feedback on the latest patch on the Ps3 version.

I've been doing quite a bit of editing, felt I had the game nailed on the last patch. I came home, updated to a new patch and suddenly the game has lost all life.

Biggest concerns are the ball physics. It seems I can't zip a good cross in anymore, everything is floated, same with long passes. Shots also feel and look off, very tame, and something about the responsiveness just isn't right. Also, crowd noise seems to have been seriously dulled down.

Anyone else getting similar results with this latest patch?

I've just noticed there is a discussion on this on WENB. There's no way this is merely a placebo thing, gameplay has become seriously messed up. The 1.03/1.04 update was very good for me. This latest one has ruined the game.

Last edited:
you're not alone on this. This new dlc definitely nerfed the crosses --especially the early crosses bigtime!! Also when defending crosses, you need to tap the square button like mad just to head it effectively away, which was much different from before the update.

I also notice it favors a certain type of pressing play. One of my friends will somehow win the vast majority of the hustles, the ball will somehow find a way to bounce back to his possession.

Do you also notice how the defenders will refrain from sticking their legs out to tackle (even when you hold down turbo and X) when the opposition make a run at a certain angle (usually vertically and then cut 90 degrees to be through on goal)

Well, i have we2010 and i have to delete the latets patch (1.03) or else the game is unplayable for me, the AI is totally destroyed. I use the latest DLC but after i downloaded it i deleted the patch file (version 1,03) in the savegame utility.

in my game utility only 1.03 shows up. in edit mode i got 36boots to choose from. seems the game fks around alot with not installing patches properly.

Going to download the new one tomorrow, see if the game fixes itself.

Bloody nightmare with these things on PS3.

Back
Top Bottom