Last time you scored an overhead kick ?

anurein

Non-League
11 August 2002
Hey guys, when was the last time you scored an overhead kick, I mean a proper bicycle kick.

I havent scored nor attempted one since PES1, do you guys think that Konami got this aspect of the game correctly, or do you think that we should execute the overhead kick more often ?

pele24vs.jpg

anurein said:
Hey guys, when was the last time you scored an overhead kick, I mean a proper bicycle kick.

I havent scored nor attempted one since PES1, do you guys think that Konami got this aspect of the game correctly, or do you think that we should execute the overhead kick more often ?

Scored an overhead kick (ronaldo) kick on my very first game upon getting WE6:FE. (Real Madrid) (felt it was too easy)
Scored 3-4 overhead kicks and a couple of scissor kicks in 3-4 ML seasons playing WE7I. (Chelsea)
Scored 2 scissor kick in 3 season ML on WE8I. No overheads though.
(Chelsea/Real madrid)

Haven't scored any since playing ML in WE8LE. In my 2nd season with Real Madrid.
Overall I find the current balance just nice, in that you can execute it (although involve a lot of repositioning with R2 and luck to get a ball that falls just right).

A bit more difficult to pull off in WE8LE, becoz of the tighter AI marking. Anyway IMO bicycles/scissors are rare in real life, so I'm okay if I don't score them very often. Any more frequent and it'll be too arcade like to be any fun playing WE. Might as well switch to FIFA then, at least we'll have all the kit and player licences.

IMO. Only reason I play WE is for the simulation of the beautiful game, misses and scuffed shots included.

Currently trying to perfect my volleying technique, like trying to nail something first time from a corner floated to the top of the penalty box. (like rooney hit against arsenal in the FA cup final I think)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Haven't scored an overhead kick since WE2002, we6fe I have done it but missed, we8 and we8LE didn't even do it once!!!

j4y3m said:
Once in training in PES4. :|

IMO, I think your chances go up if you increase the switch players setting to full auto.(although this spoils other aspects of the game). I feel the human reaction time is not fast enough to switch player and position for the overhead.

You might notice that you may be able to pull off these moves easier by quickly pressing SQUARE. Of course, there are many variables that determine whether this will actually happen.

Anyway, try it out in practice, but in game during the heat of the moment, I doubt you'll be able to pull this off everytime. Sometime it will just happen, when condition are right, and I feel the game is better this way.

If it goes in, save it and gloat for months.

Cheers all.

My last was in PES3 with Crespo...
But in WE8, PES4 and WE8le, this move is very rare...
... it's better like that !!!

I think overhead kick are very rare,almost extinct in WE8LE?...The scissors is still there and can been seen like in 5 out of 10 matches but the case of the bicycle...its like 2 out of 10 matches,which is good really cos not anyone can do that trick in real life too.

2 out of 10???
in we8lE i havent seen one yet... i mean in we8 i havent seen one yet... not a perfect bike lik ein the picture above... i've gone to training and all and I dont even see an attempt of a bike...

Agreed more like 1 out of 500 lol.

Anyways to answer question, I've NEVER done it and never SEEN one either in any version of the game :(

I've seen a few scissors but nothing like picture above thats why i dont even know if its possible to pull off something like in picture above is it?

It's possible, scored one with Gilardino. Saved it, but its on a ps2 memory card, and i dont know how to convert it :(

In WE8, I haven't seen anyone yet !!

1 Out of 10, Really it's better this way, when is the last time you saw an overhead kick in real life ?

Me last week, Italy u-21, I dunno what's his name, but he done it :)

You cant do overhead Kick in WE8LE cause the move just doesn't exists in WE8LE . You got scissors kicks but the real overhead isn't here ( i've been trying to make it for hours in training mode ) .

good thread. Last time I ever seen it attempted was with PES 1. Never scored on one though but lots of misshits. They came around on a realistic basis with that game btw, good balance, and I feel its abit of shame I havent seen them since then.

Scissor kicks on the other hand were way to usual.

Last time I scored an over-head kick was back in PES2 aka WE6. I scored a beauty with Vieri beating the defender that was trying to head the ball.

Since then, I haven't scored or done any bicycle kick attempt. I have seen the over-head kick in WE8LE. But it wasn't me, rather, it was the AI that attempted it on me.

Last edited:
I did against my in PES4 agianst my friend with figo from outside the box. 1st and only time. Saved it but my memory card had a freaking error and it had to be reformatted. Ahh well just a game

With L1+R2+Triangle, you can recive it while Holding the L2+R2 (to put the player in good posistion) and recive it with your chest and press square...

its that simple..............................................

Well, I have never scored one, I attempted one and seen the CPU attempt one, thats it.

I dont really understand FILTHYDANY, I mean get your combination, but can you explain it more clearly???!!, but I agree I think there is a certian way of doing it.

sounds like an elaborate button mash to me. Played every ISS there is, and that'll never work.

I meant R1+R2 in my last post not L2+R2, anyway i have tried it and it didnt work that well, but i found another way and its much easier, just do long pass with the R2 and recive the ball with your chest WHILE HOLDING r2, the ball will be alil bit high and it will be in a perfect position to do an overhead kick, but it needs some practice............

WE7I

I had four overheads saved and two of them where against my mate :) :) :) .

One was absolutly stunning: Manual cross along the penalty-area and Beckham blasting it from about 18m over Campbells head into the left corner.

But since WE8 I've never managed to do one, my players attempt them quite often but mostly they dont even hit the ball.

Still haven't scored one, actually I think my player has only attempted it about 3 times in my previous experience of PES/WE.

Remember Elber doing one for me for Brazil which hit the bar, but that was it.

FD

First and last one in WE6FE I think, a few attempts afterwards but no luck.

romagnoli said:
sounds like an elaborate button mash to me. Played every ISS there is, and that'll never work.

Unable to even execute it in WE8LE yet.Had a few scissors misses though.

There is no specific button combo. Justy plain old [SQUARE]. Player has to have their back facing goal, and the bball has to be just the perfect height. To high - player'll try a backheader. Too low, he'll chest or volley on the turn. No magical bicycles like FIFA.

I've seen too types of bicycles so far in prev versions.

First type: (as per the pic of this tread) in PES1/2, WE7I, WE8
2nd type player is falling backwards and kicks the ball over head when he's on ground. Few times in WE8I.

Back
Top Bottom