La Liga - this weekend

Did anyone see Ronaldinhos goal for Brazil not long ago?

It was on Soccer Am AS on friday

Just like that great goal Zidane scored pre season

Anyone watch the games this weekend, Barca and Real Madrid?
Shame there was no Ronaldinho to watch :( Owen didn't do too bad on his debut, setting up Ronaldo's goal, but he scuffed what was a perfect balll from Beckham.

Well done Owen!

Raul has some competition finally with him and Morientes!

:mrgreen:

They need to get rid of Alan McInally, he continually referred to Giuly as "Jew-wee"!

Also I can't stand the guy that hosts the show, I think his name is Rob Hotton or something, he just bugs the crap out of me. First they had David Bobin (shit name, even worse presenter), and now this guy. His hair, his little slit eyes, his shitty attempts at Spanish pronunciation, his overall smarmyness!

Games were a little disappointing though, and Xavi dived.

haha Gerry Armstrong makes me laugh he has to show his spanish knowledge by calling Guti, José María Gutiérrez haha

MrCoopz said:
haha Gerry Armstrong makes me laugh he has to show his spanish knowledge by calling Guti, José María Gutiérrez haha

He always has done that and at least he knows what hes chatting about!

i only heard him start saying it at the back end of last season

And i aint doubting his knowledge, he just dosnt need to show off saying Ronaldo de lima gonzaez freddy Gaucho papadopulos

1ra. Jornada

Real Zaragoza 3-1 Getafe
16' Antonio (Getafe)
23' y 79' Álvaro (Real Zaragoza)
62' Savio (Real Zaragoza)

Osasuna 1-1 Athletic Bilbao
17' Joseba Etxeberría (Athletic Bilbao)
41' Savo Milosevic (Osasuna)

Racing de Santander 0-2 Barcelona
68' Ludovic Giuly (Barcelona)
73' Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona)

Espanyol 1-1 Deportivo La Coruña
23' Raúl Tamudo (Espanyol)
78' Walter Pandiani (Deportivo La Coruña)

Atlético Madrid 2-0 Málaga
44' Calatayud (Atlético Madrid - Autogol)
48' Fernando Torres (Atlético Madrid)

Sevilla 1-0 Albacete
47' Renato (Sevilla)

Numancia 1-1 Real Betis
21' Juanlu (Numancia)
47' Fernando (Real Betis)

Real Mallorca 0-1 Real Madrid
51' Ronaldo (Real Madrid)

Real Sociedad 1-1 Levante
42' Ian Harte (Levante)
48' Nihat (Real Sociedad)

Good start to Barcelona, Real Madrid had a irregular presentation but the duo-forward Ronaldo-Owen is very interesting.

Espanyol 1- 0 Real Madrid

No Zidane or Figo. Beckham, Raul, Morientes, Casillas were all on the bench.

César saved 2 penalties in a row, as the ref ordered the penalty to be taken again due to Roberto Carlos' encroachment. Admittedly they weren't very good penalties from Tamudo.
Kameni saved Ronaldo's penalty with a fine save. 3 penalty saves in the match :shock:
Maxi got Espanyol's goal.

Go Espanyol!

Real Madrid quite frankly look awful, I know they were missing some players but 1-0 flattered them, they even missed a penalty which was never a foul.

nice save by the camerroon keeper, espanyol deserved to win the game not 1-0 but they could've score 3 easily because fake madrid played so bad that owen didnt even had a shot on target.... Real madrid's boat sinking these days

SkySports are showing the Atletico - Barcelona game at 20:00 but the match starts at 18:30...
Are they showing the Depor game instead, or are they showing the Barca match with a delay....????

Barca 1 A.Madrid 0 ,

Van bronkhorst , nice shot afte a pass by Ronaldinho who ofcourse made his way in the box by his talent...

+ a goal was cannceld by Van Bronkhorst becuase he touched the ball with his arm... that was before the 1st goal....

Forca Barca.. :D

Real Shock: Camacho Reportedly Quits

Real Madrid coach Jose Antonio Camacho has resigned after the club's poor start to the season, according to reports in Spain.

Cadena Ser radio has announced that Camacho told Real president Florentino Perez he was quitting the Bernabeu hot-seat and was unlikely to reconsider his decision.

After Wednesday’s Champions League calamity – a 3-0 defeat by Bayer Leverkusen – Real lost 1-0 at Espanyol on Saturday.

Camacho, 49, has only been in the post since taking over from Carlos Queiroz in May, and was reportedly unhappy with some of club's purchase of Michael Owen, having identified strengthening of the midfield as a more urgent priority.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Espanyol 1- 0 Real Madrid

No Zidane or Figo. Beckham, Raul, Morientes, Casillas were all on the bench.

César saved 2 penalties in a row, as the ref ordered the penalty to be taken again due to Roberto Carlos' encroachment. Admittedly they weren't very good penalties from Tamudo.
Kameni saved Ronaldo's penalty with a fine save. 3 penalty saves in the match :shock:
Maxi got Espanyol's goal.

Go Espanyol!

"look at his face, just look at his face!"

1202382.jpg

What an absolute bloody legend, he must of creamed himself yesterday when Torres bagged the equaliser to leave his beloved Espanyol at the top of the table.

Here is his pre-match analysis.....

-

What is wrong with Real Madrid?

Here are a few suggestions:

All the midfield players want the ball to their feet and don't score enough goals.
Nobody runs to the space apart from Owen - who is not being played much - and sometimes Ronaldo, making their football too predictable.
The Helguera-Beckham partnership in the midfield is not working. The Englishman should be partnered by another type of defensive midfielder (but there are none in the squad) and Helguera (who has not decided yet if he is a midfielder or a defender) should be brought back to the defence while poor Samuel gets used to his new surroundings and Woodgate recovers.
Camacho's 'Alex Ferguson-style of coaching' (screaming and tension) is not functioning. A galactico came out of training earlier in the week and asked, 'why is he always upset?'.
Influential players did not like the replacements of Figo and Ronaldo during the 3-0 defeat against Bayern Leverkusen.
The club has not signed young, hungry players (Etoo, Coloccini, Mascherano, Diarra) who would balance the squad as well as give it a new push.
What do you do when you have won everything and you have grown used to play one way? You tend not to change.
On Saturday, they are facing an Espanyol side that has managed to do something that has escaped them last few seasons: get off to a decent start. It is difficult to score against them.

Key man Tamudo is happy next to former Barcelona striker Dani and even creative de la Peña feels important again.

The problem is that they will have to score at least two goals to beat Real Madrid - keeper Carlos Kameni has made two blunders in two games and they have resulted in two goals.

Put your money on Espanyol while Real rediscover the strenghs that made them special.

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,1-1152050,00.html

Just something I was told, I don't mean the team share these views but likewise if the fans are like that I want to see the team pumped - just like Lazio.

Tell me about it. I lived in Rome for 5 years, and never liked either team. Derby days were mayhem.

PS Does that make Guillem Balague a Neo-Nazi? Isn't he an Espanyol fan? Who knows what he's like off camera. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Hey did anyone see the ad boards in the Real vs Osasuna game? "Konami" "Pro Evolution Soccer 4" "15 de Octobre" right across the entire length of the pitch. :lol: They're pushing the boat out this time.

Back
Top Bottom