Konami Update?

The thing is though, it surely IS this simple. I can't see any other reason for it not to be.
It is, other than certification.

It has to get through certification with MS and Sony first, but if you submit it in a timely manner, it gets passed in time for the game's release, or at best a week or two after. For there to be SUCH a delay, they mustn't have submitted it yet (or it failed). Which, honestly - given the genre and the importance of squads from the season the game is supposed to represent, looking at the box - is a disgrace, and terrible management on their part.

If I worked in the submissions department at MS or Sony (and I used to, by the way), I'd be furious if they tried to implicate anybody but their own shitty management.

From what Adam's been saying, they're now tying it into gameplay tweaks, so if it's not been submitted yet, they'll need to get their skates on in-case it fails certification.

(My theory is that all the complaints about goalkeepers and one look at the average online match scoreline has made them realise more than bug-fixes are needed, and so to save two lots of submissions, they've rolled them into one.

Either that, or, as I said, it was already submitted, and failed, and Konami are struggling to fix the issue.)

EDIT: If the roster update was received within the game code, and didn't involve a game update file (such as FIFA's Ultimate Team squad updates), certification wouldn't be needed - but Konami's roster updates are always released as update files, complete with bug fixes and the like.

Last edited:
Maybe there are licensing issues, there were rumors once that they have to get transfers approved individually for some teams.

Back
Top Bottom