Kitserver uninstall and black kits

9-Ball

Non-League
1 June 2006
Folks,

using Gaming Access 2.5 patch which I've heavily edited, adding teams/players/adjusting stats, etc. I find I need to uninstall Kitserver if playing games that result in winning Div1 or any Cups, etc. If I uninstall it I can play the tournament winning game without issue and save, then reinstall/attach kitserver and all is well.

All except one issue: If I uninstall kitserver to play that one game, I'm stuck with black kits/uniforms for all/any teams. I'm wondering how I fix this, without then messing up any added kits once I reinstall Kitserver to use the GA Patch content, and my own added kits.

I may be misunderstanding something of how Kitserver works, I think. Anyway, any advice anyone can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,

When you remove kitserver, game is trying to locate kits based on the kit relinks in option file and it does so by looking for kits in cv06.img (regular teams) and cv0f.img (ga0f.img) for certain extra teams. And right now, all that the game can find in these .imgs are dummy black textures

I guess you could fix it, but it's a huge pain in the @ss :) - you gotta make like 10 different bins for each team (kits, fonts, numbers), do the relinks in OF, ... not to mention that you'll have to rebuild both .imgs too with AFS or GGS

Last edited:
So there's no real work-around to let me play just the one or two games?

Hmm, you could try another approach - since kits do not seem to be the cause of your main problem, do not uninstall the kitserver - keep it installed, leave the GDB folder as it is, only try to remove temporarily kitserver\img folder. That should force the game to use default img files for all but the kits.

Back
Top Bottom