Kit Problems?

Shockin' The Prem

Shockin' The Prem
5 August 2004
I've noticed that there's been no kit patches made for this version yet, and I can't seem to find anyone talking about why not. I appreciate that in WE9 it was hard because they adjusted the width of the kit, and also made it so you could change shirt/shorts/socks as you like (home & away) but I can't understand why it's such a struggle with this one.

Can someone please enlighten me?

Every year Konami re-encypts the kits.

This year, they've managed to hide or possibly even found a way to remove the bin's of the unlicensed teams kits. Hence its currently impossible to patch them.

Kits are always the hardest part to patch and usually take a good while to figure out, so it's nothing new, just Konami's methods are once again new.

Dar said:
Every year Konami re-encypts the kits.

This year, they've managed to hide or possibly even found a way to remove the bin's of the unlicensed teams kits. Hence its currently impossible to patch them.

Kits are always the hardest part to patch and usually take a good while to figure out, so it's nothing new, just Konami's methods are once again new.
if they only invested this much time acquiring liscences, fixing up bugs

Tingles said:
if they only invested this much time acquiring liscences, fixing up bugs

I'm sure they actually do spend a fair bit of time aquiring licenses, thing about that is... EA's already got their greedy little mits on it first. :(

Anywho *gives up trying to add those kind of kits now that I know you can't for WE10*

Thanks for the replies, thought I was going to get some irritating 'Try using the search tool' reply. (Which I already had done.)

Thanks for the help guys. Shame Konami obviously doesn't want their game improved.

this we10 series has a big drawback. You can´t export the national emblems form the WE9, and worse, you can´t make it full of colours in the WE10 editor. I´ve spent hours making them in We9 editor, and now they are useless!!!
In we10 you can make or import form we9 emblems and logos in 16 or 128 colours, but you can´t use the color pallette for the national team emblems. Only choose in the black to white degree and the give just one colour on the kit menus. It seems a Konami contribution to sell more EA´s FIFA games. Unbelievable!!!!!

Like Zyg said, we're gonna have to do with option file kits (In-game edit mode kits) for now until hopefully somebody figures out a solution for real kits.

Having said that although clearly real kits is better than in-game edited ones, I'm more than fine playing with option file kits and can't wait untill a quality one is ready! :)

Although some of Whistles kits (and others) in the edit mode thread look superb. If you were playing on wide angle, you wouldn't notice that much. I'm not sure what the plans for an OF are though.

yesterday i made the new liverpool kit in the edit mode and found out that the emblems higgs made can be put onto the kit. This makes the job a lot easier as you only have to make a few brand logo's and some advertisement graphics and you have you kit.

top draw for this explanation guys wot Dar said makes sense, in WE10 u can see that the player models r slightly different from WE9\PES5. (maybe less detail)

Back
Top Bottom