Kaka Ballon d'Or 2007

Re: Ballon d'Or 2007

Don't think Pirlo will win, but I think he has a chance for 2nd or 3rd.

i honestly don't think he will finish that high...4th or 5th sounds more reasonable...about the winner of the award though...i share the same opinion as Zidane...Ronaldo and Kaka should be co-winners of Ballon D'Or 2007:applause:

Well, I can see Kaka winning it purely on the basis of his Champions League performances, or more specifically, either the performance against us in the Semis, or the fact that Milan won the title, and as such, its probably a definite that he'll win it.

I can't comment on his Serie A performances, so someone would have to fill that in, but from what I saw of Europe/Domestic. Maybe Ronaldo had both last year. Sure Kaka was better than him when they came head to head, but Ronaldo destroyed nearly everyone last year, you couldn't stop him.

I'd also say Messi is an underdog bid. He's been sensational lately, and I'm not entirely sure the voting commitee would be adverse to taking in just a past few performances in, because theyre obviously bent.

Messi probably next year though.

Ronaldo this year.

And Pirlo will be nowhere near.

Probably Kaka. Too bad he ran away from Copa America cause then there would be no problem as to who should win. Messi is brilliant recently and he was ingenious in the CA but he hasn't won anything. Ronaldo was great but he only won a domestic title and after the CL semi has lost quite a lot of form.

Benjani perhaps?

Would make a good change from the usual shortlist of players that were on football game covers that year.

Just a shame that Christian Dailly has again been overlooked. :shock:

He has been included in my kick da ball bloody hard high balloon der award along with Phil Neville.

Last years winner Morten Harket had a hexagonal carved in his back by a monkey while being kicked up a metal stairwell by a barely constipated fat mule to the sounds of the partrige family fuck fest. This years winner will get to eat the eyeballs of two copulating male jackels while being fired out of a cannon into the heart of the fucking sun to the soothing melody of Madonnas Papa Don't preach.

only two bins of nurse shit are involved in this years ceremony.

Last edited:

Messi is brilliant recently and he was ingenious in the CA but he hasn't won anything.

?????

i dont think you can call 2 la liga titles, a champions league title and a spanish super cup nothing. not to mention the individual youth titles he has won.

messi is an outstanding candidate for next year and lets not forget hes still only 20. and also his performance this season is unbelievable especially as he has not had a break due to the copa america.

congrats to kaka if the above story is true tho.

?????

i dont think you can call 2 la liga titles, a champions league title and a spanish super cup nothing. not to mention the individual youth titles he has won.

when he said he hasn't won anything he was talking about this year..Ballon d'or awards the best player during the season not the career..

I honestly think Kaka deserves it. He's great for us in every game. Rarely injured, scores goals, creates goals, changes matches and is great with Brazil. Hes very very consistent.

I think he is talking about the fact that Kaka won it by a mile and it got leaked, not the fact that Kaka actually won it.

Correct.

In my honest opinion, I think it should be/have been Ronaldo.
Him and Kaka are the 2 outstanding candidates, but I think that Kaka's domestic form in early 2007 was quite patchy, whereas Ronaldo has been solid all year.
The thing that Kaka has over Ronaldo is that he was better in Europe.
Ronaldo was very good in Europe, whereas Kaka was outstanding which I think will sway it for many voters due to the high profile of european competition.

But over the course of the season I think Ronaldo has just shaded it due to his early season consistency.

This is why I think it would be ridiculous if Kaka wins it by a mile, though I wouldn't argue against the fact if he did win it.;)

Predicted:

1. Kaka (Milan)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United)
3. Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
4. Didier Drogba (Chelsea)
5. Andrea Pirlo (Milan)
6. Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid)
7. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter)
8. Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal)
9. Robinho (Real Madrid)
10. Francesco Totti (Roma)

Robinho :lol:

Correct.

In my honest opinion, I think it should be/have been Ronaldo.

Him and Kaka are the 2 outstanding candidates, but I think that Kaka's domestic form in early 2007 was quite patchy, whereas Ronaldo has been solid all year.

The thing that Kaka has over Ronaldo is that he was better in Europe.

Ronaldo was very good in Europe, whereas Kaka was outstanding which I think will sway it for many voters due to the high profile of european competition.

But over the course of the season I think Ronaldo has just shaded it due to his early season consistency.

This is why I think it would be ridiculous if Kaka wins it by a mile, though I wouldn't argue against the fact if he did win it.

I thought Ronaldo was poor in europe actually, didn't show anything noteworthy.. whereas Kaka was spectacular.

I thought Ronaldo was poor in europe actually, didn't show anything noteworthy.. whereas Kaka was spectacular.

He tore Roma apart aswell as many other great performances.
Compared to Kaka he was not as good in Europe, but was still very good and certainly not 'poor' as you suggest.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree ;)

cant see anything different for the World Player Award, yet do think Ron deserves Kaka was the best in the Champions league but in overall Ron was more consistent

People keep saying that, but Kaka was outstanding in Serie A as well. He played the most matches too. Hes one of Milan's most consistent players.

I wouldn't call him outstanding at the start of the year mate.

But then again I don't really want to debate too much with you as you'd seen him a lot more than me!;)

Back
Top Bottom